PDA

View Full Version : Insight cable

Paul408Notch
11-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Is the worst cable company on the face of the earth. They have terrible motorola cable boxes, their listings are all jacked-up, most of their installers are tards (not you Ray) and they don't do anything to fix whatever issues you may have.

This morning I go to record the OSU game. I like to record about an hour of game so I can play it back from the beginning and skip the commercials. So the game started at noon, and I turned it on at 12:45. WTF It's fucking Indiana and Ball State? Who the fuck wants to watch those two play? I turn to the channel that says it's indiana and ball state, and there are my Buckeyes a minute into the second quarter. Thanks Insight.

This is in addition to the installer not sealing the hole in the side of my house on the initial install, some channels being on 3-4 times (why do I need the same broadcast played on 3 channels at the same time?) and there being no audio on a bunch of the HD channels.

I called them and told them about missing the audio from the HD channels and they send some clown out that says "The problem is in your stereo, not our box." The hell it is! If I get audio during the show, but not the commercials, the problem is your POS Motorola cable box isn't outputting any kind of digital output. If I switch to analog it has sound, it just sounds like shit. I didn't buy this expensive surround sound receiver to listen to it in stereo, I bought it to get surround sound you dumbasses. And BTW... what happened to Moto? They used to make really nice stuff, but over the last 5-10 years, if it's Motorola-made, it's shit. This is the worst cable box I've EVER used.

So on a scale of 0-10, insight gets a 0.2. The only reason I'm giving them that 2 tenths of a point is because time warner doesn't even have the big 10 network, and Insight has it (on 2 channels of course.) Insight can lick my sack.

92StangMan
11-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I have Insight and have considered the switch to DirecTV. The only thing keeping me from it is the price isn't much too different.

nkystanger
11-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Time Warner is just as bad. Lost cable for days because those tards turned off the wrong apartment. After hours on the phone, and a no show appoitment, they finally came out four days later and fixed it.

Black92LX
11-04-2007, 02:50 AM
I feel you man we have Insight down here and it is terrible.

When I get a place of my own I am definatly going with a dish. Just need to figure out what to do about internet.

Insight Broadband is worlds better than Zoomtown or Road Runner I had back in Cincy.

But yes the motorla boxes suck and the listings have been really bad recently.

PonymanfiveO
11-04-2007, 03:22 AM
the only thing worse than Insight cable is Insight Broadband internet. Jesus God allmighty, please take the life of the person who is responsible for this nightmare!
And if you call to complain, you get "unplug your router thingey and do a rain dance" "If it doesnt work we can send someone out next month sometime."

Fuck Insight!

Carl
11-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I like my TWC....