PDA

View Full Version : Removing 5.0L wiring harness ???

mach_u
11-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Ok, dumb question but... I am over at a friends house and we are pulling the motor and factory harness and trying to get the harness through the firewall on the passenger side. What is the trick to removing this, do we need to disconnect the airbox in order to pull it through and if so how does it come out? Excuse the rookie question but I am a) not much of a mechanic and b) not used to 5.0L... :o Thanks guys! :bigthumb

satan jamez
11-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Just fyi, the rubber grommet will have to come off with it. I just disconnected the harness from the computer and pulled the harness out through the engine compartment. It took about 5 min and some going back and forth from the computer compartment to the engine compartment due to some wiring binding in the computer area. Good luck!

Bob

mach_u
11-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Just fyi, the rubber grommet will have to come off with it. I just disconnected the harness from the computer and pulled the harness out through the engine compartment. It took about 5 min and some going back and forth from the computer compartment to the engine compartment due to some wiring binding in the computer area. Good luck!

Bob
Thanks for the info. He was getting it hung up on the air box and we weren't sure if we needed to remove that possibly? :confused:

dedpedal
11-04-2007, 11:27 AM
It helps to have the airbox out of the way but it can be done without moving it. One tip, pull all the small connectors thru the oblong hole in the firewall before trying to pull the ecu connector.

NXcoupe
11-06-2007, 03:46 PM
What he said, one connector at a time through the hole. Also, the hole in the sheetmetal's edges are sharp and can scrape the wires to the copper if you are not careful.