PDA

View Full Version : best place to work?

Ryan218
11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
what you guys think the best place for a 16 year old to work at would be?...a lot of places around here are hiring but id rather stay out of fast food if i can...so any suggestion..giant eagle is hiring at 8.10 to start....right now i think that's my best bet but that's a 15-20 min drive from my house/school and durning 5-8 with all the road construction going on up here it would take me at least 2 hours to make a 20 min drive because of all the stop and go...so what you think? you guys were all young once...whats your 2 cents.

fst 5pto
11-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I worked as a lot tech when I was 16 and LOVED it....

stangman_5
11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Is there anyway around the traffic? That sounds like a decent job at 8 an hour.

firestang70
11-07-2007, 07:07 PM
HOOTERS they have great benefits ;)

BigBadStang
11-07-2007, 07:10 PM
you could be a bouncer at Columbus Gold!
now THAT would be the perfect job for a 16 year old! ;)

beefcake
11-07-2007, 07:47 PM
find something in a field you have somewhat of an interest in vs just taking a job at mcd's or something

Ryan218
11-07-2007, 08:50 PM
I worked as a lot tech when I was 16 and LOVED it....

i wish.....

Is there anyway around the traffic? That sounds like a decent job at 8 an hour.

yeah there is...i was talking to my dad...taking cosgray to Avery would yield a 3 min drive so that solves the problem

HOOTERS they have great benefits ;)

that would be nice :D

you could be a bouncer at Columbus Gold!
now THAT would be the perfect job for a 16 year old! ;)

that be nice as well:D

find something in a field you have somewhat of an interest in vs just taking a job at mcd's or something'

thats the problem....id love to find a job where i could work with cars, checked with discount tire, all the quick oil change places and all have said that they wont hire till you 18 now.....even a guy who I've know since i was born says if he could hire me he would.(owns a local body shop) but for insurance purposes they cant....seems like just about any car related place you have to be 17 or older or 18 or older....:(...

this is really the last field id want to work in to tell the truth...i always said if i could I'm staying of of retail/fast food/ grocery work...but not till I'm older i guess...

oh and even auto zone/advance you have to be 18 or older...WTF I'm in there every weekend order some part or another for my stang i should be a VIP there...last weekend i spent 200 there...a employee discount sure would come in handy.

67Terror
11-07-2007, 08:57 PM
look for transportation companies in your area. like cab companies. they usually alway need detailers and you can move up. i started working for a limo service when i was 13, i was cool as hell driving 40k Cadillacs around the lot :bigthumb

ibstrokin
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Apply @ Best Buy, they always need winter help, and have a car audio dept w/a instalation center. I doubt you would be hands on in the bay, but you would learn alot.

Ryan218
11-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Apply @ Best Buy, they always need winter help, and have a car audio dept w/a instalation center. I doubt you would be hands on in the bay, but you would learn alot.

not a bad idea...but electical owns me:(

ill be 16 the 20th :rockon: and id like to have a job early dec..

PonymanfiveO
11-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Find a job with the least amount of responsibility and enjoy your youth. ;)

Timido
11-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Amen.

Mista Bone
11-07-2007, 10:51 PM
dunno if GE is like Krogers, but you'd start of bagging and pushing carts (no fun in the snow!) but if you can get into produce or dairy, you work moreless by yourself.

He's only making $7.50 at Krogers, been there for over two years!

theyallslow
11-08-2007, 10:01 AM
My first job was at Roy Rogers, it was fun most of the time. and some times it sucked. but it was a job. Just get a job. and if you dont like it work there tell you get one you want.

And fast food is not all bad. You get free lunch.

pegasus
11-08-2007, 10:08 AM
my first job I worked at a horse farm feeding walking picking stalls baling hay it was badass $7.00 under the table

PKFIRE
11-08-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm jealous of a womans kid here who is a lot tech for the Mercedes dealer in West Chester. He gets to drop off cars to customers. Personally I never had a chance to ride in or drive an AMG. I believe he's about 17 if I remember right.

PKFIRE
11-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I worked at Kings Island which was fun due to everyone being my age. The management was young though so it was probably the only down fall. I was games tech so I could go where ever when ever I wanted. Sometimes we had to ride the rides or play the games to make sure everything was upto par. It was a good experience and yes it was a year round job.

My buddy worked at Biggs and was a cart pusher for $10.00 an hour!! He was the first one of us to buy a new car and this was in highschool. He got to pick his hours and if it was slow he'd go down to arcade to play games during work hours because no one keeps tabs on him like a sales clerk.

If you work in some retail stores you get discounts. Example- Best Buy

Black92LX
11-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I have to say King's Island is by far one of the greatest teen year jobs one can have.
They pay very very well. The options are almost endless.

shep
11-08-2007, 11:17 AM
autozone...

JonS
11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Find a job with the least amount of responsibility and enjoy your youth.

This is good advice, just get any kind of job you can get and have fun. You'll have enough responsibility soon enough.:D

I worked at Hardee's when I was 16, it was great, because there were no quality standards and they were to hard up for people to fire anyone.

DSSKing68
11-08-2007, 12:42 PM
what you guys think the best place for a 16 year old to work at would be?...a lot of places around here are hiring but id rather stay out of fast food if i can...so any suggestion..giant eagle is hiring at 8.10 to start....right now i think that's my best bet but that's a 15-20 min drive from my house/school and durning 5-8 with all the road construction going on up here it would take me at least 2 hours to make a 20 min drive because of all the stop and go...so what you think? you guys were all young once...whats your 2 cents.

Giant Eagle...you must be up north!

Ryan218
11-08-2007, 01:14 PM
autozone...

they dont hire at 16...

Giant Eagle...you must be up north!

central oh......Hilliard.....its very boring up here.. :lol:

95redstang
11-08-2007, 01:35 PM
I have to say King's Island is by far one of the greatest teen year jobs one can have.
They pay very very well. The options are almost endless.

Yeah you can be the next Nick Lachey(?) or Carmen Electra...:lol:

Stangman
11-08-2007, 02:43 PM
I started at Pep Boys when i was 17 and worked there up untill the middle of last year... id prolly still be there if my manager wasnt a giant walking penis.... :lol: couldnt beleive i put up with him for 2 and a half years....

i dont think many places are gonna hire a 16 yr old... something about child labor laws and all that i think.... but i could be wrong...

I've been a lot tech... you just get dumped on by everyone...

Retail sucks donkey balls...

Part time sucks....

Just do good in school and go to college.... like i should have done years ago....

5.0calypso93lx
11-08-2007, 03:31 PM
I've been working since I was 14 at Kroger. I would see if you can get on at Home Depot or Lowe's, they pay pretty well. I also recomend working at a full-service carwash, where you get tips after the cars are done. Make sure you do NOT work at one, where the tips go into a bucket and everyone splits it, thats a bunch of BS, and if you work your ass off and someone else doesn't, you both get the same $$$. I worked at the sharonville carwash for a couple years, and it was probably my favorite job. The money was soooo good for someone my age, and the harder you worked, the more you earned, which is what I loved about it.

I also think it would be fun to work the front desk at a gym or something, easy work, and the view is AWESOME :lol::lol:

fst 5pto
11-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I also think it would be fun to work the front desk at a gym or something, easy work, and the view is AWESOME :lol::lol:

Yea James loves watching sweaty guys build muslces :lol:

Black Horse
11-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Working just sucks..... and I'm too poor to buy lottery tickets.

MsBlkramair
11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah, working is overrated..............that's why I'm not doing it anymore. i am now a professional student! haha

95redstang
11-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Be a limo driver. I get to see mass tits and snatch..:bigthumb
The bad side is I get to deal with a bunch of idiots...
There is nothing worse than a 300lb+ women get out of a limo with her legs spread wide apart...:barf:

Ryan218
11-08-2007, 09:53 PM
i like to work...money in the pocket for the stang is nice..

Ryan218
11-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Be a limo driver. I get to see mass tits and snatch..:bigthumb
The bad side is I get to deal with a bunch of idiots...
There is nothing worse than a 300lb+ women get out of a limo with her legs spread wide apart...:barf:

:rofl: sucks to be you huh...

Rick93coupe
11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
I'd look into a job as summer help with the county you live in. My friend did that when we were in school and made good money and connections with the people who do the hiring. When he turned 18 he put in for a job at the animal shelter, then put in for a job as an animal control officer (dog catcher), its a great place to work, great benefits and once your in the door, in any dept you can slid into, you just watch the job postings for the career you want to pursue. .02

Mista Bone
11-09-2007, 12:18 AM
being 16 with child labor laws, food or grocery is likely all you can get right now with winter coming.

During the summer, landscaping!!!!!

Katmandu
11-12-2007, 04:19 AM
Yard work for the neighbors! raking leaves, shoveling SNOW (when it gets here)! :bigthumb

Detailing cars, delivering pizza, delivering newspapers.