PDA

View Full Version : 1990 GT

motox159
11-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Hey everyone. It's been a while since i have been on here and thought i would update the progress on my stang. Havent gotten as far as i would have liked to by now but you all know how work and other functions take some of that spare time out of your life. I have managed to get the bottom of the car undercoated and the rearend from the wrecked 91' painted and swapped out. I have decided to go with some basic KYB shocks and struts for now. I'm going to go ahead and stick with stock springs too. I am soon to be starting body work, although i still need a pass. side fender. I happened to have a friend whos stang was hit twice in 30 min. The body was wrecked except for the pass. side door, which i also needed. Got a heck of a deal on that. It's still a toss up on the color. Originally i wanted the factory crystal blue, but i am also leaning toward orange, a few other blue colors or a two-tone paint job. I also would like some of your feelings on painting/dying the interior panels. My dad restored a 78 F-250 about 14 years ago and sprayed his dash and door panels. It has no signs of fading, cracking or chipping. I want to go with a darker grey or take it all to black. Guess thats all for now. Will try to make it to a get together or something here in the near future. I have had to work the last few.

Ryan218
11-11-2007, 02:30 AM
i dyed my panels black..check my thread in this section for pics...holding up fine..id do it again....looks 10,000 times better then it did

motox159
11-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Looks good brother. I was thinking the black interior with a grabber orange body......long as no other stangbangerz have that color going on. Do you know what the trick is for fitting newer mustang back seats into a fox body??? Would like to swap to a newer black leather if possible.

08 Vette
11-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Should be pretty easy to put the seats in. Modify the old brackets or drill new hole and mod the new seat brackets.

347sc
11-11-2007, 11:52 AM
There are a few orange ones on here in different shades. Grabber orange I dont think I have seen though. As long as you like it do it.

motox159
11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
thanks for the advice fellas. it's still in the air with the paint.....depends on the price and what will be better for a first timer tryin out the spray gun. as with the seats i will have to test my mad skills and see if i can get it to work. pops always told me, "where there is a will, there is a way!". thanks again.