PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump problems.

djom1cincy
11-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Ok. A little about the car. 03 mach 1. Patriot heads, long tube headers, off road x-pipe, magnaflow catback, 39 # injectors, ford gt40 fuel pump, and dyno tune. For some reason the fuel pump keeps burning up. This is the second one in about 4 months. This one has been on the car for 2 months. I've only put around 800 miles on the car since it was installed. Combined the two pumps and i've put maybe 1500 miles on it. The car ran great friday night. Saturday it would start and run for about 5 to 10 seconds then stalls out. Like its running out of gas. The first pump went bad also. When i had it replaced the shop said it was down to single digit pressure at the fuel rail. My check engine light is coming on with this pump as of saturday when it started acting up. Code po190 ful rail prs s cir er. Has anyone ever heard of or had a problem like this that can shed some light. This problem is killing me. Right now i'm afraid to drive the car and its hurting my wallet to much. Any help would be great.
Thanks

02mingryGT
11-12-2007, 10:43 PM
I'd check the voltage just as a starter. After that someone more informed would have to chime in.

Blackout
11-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Those fuel pumps run on a pulse modulation. It doesn't stay on all the time like the 98 and older stangs. The pumps regulator is on the rail but it is completly electronic.