PDA

View Full Version : ANY POINTERS ON TUBBING OUT FOX BODY

fordman
11-13-2007, 04:29 PM
iM WANTING:bigthumb TO TUB MY NOTCH OUT IS THERE ANY POINTER OR ANYONE THAT WOULD DO IT FOR THE RIGHT PRICE IM JUS CURIOUS HOW MUCH IT WOULD RUN ME SO POST UP SOME PRICES PLEASE... I JUST DONT WANNA GO CHOPPIN ON ANYTHING MYSELF BECAUSE IV NEVER DONE OR NOANYONE THAT HAS DONE THIS WHAT ALL HAS TO BE DONE ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS.

theyallslow
11-13-2007, 05:08 PM
RIGID...you call Rob he will hook you up. But do you think you need it?

plated
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
thers guys running 8's not tubbed?it's really not that neccesry unless your makin 1000hp or something,save your money use it on gofast parts:bigthumb thats my pointer

mustangboy
11-13-2007, 05:41 PM
I never figured the exact amount but to do my mini tub but figure on buying the coilovers shocks and mounts, mini tub kit, sheet metal work for back seat area you are probably in the $1500-2k range for parts and labor. Remember that does not inlclude wheels and tires or having your rearend narrowed. To do a full backhalf will be more because you will need to also buy rear framerails, crossmember, 4link or ladder bars, rearend shortened a bunch (figure on using a 9in) new axles and possibly brakes etc etc etc. You get the idea, it can add up in a hurry. BTW if you are asking this question don't even try to do it yourself. This is not a job that you want to have done wrong. The handling and safety of your car depends completely on doing the job the RIGHT way. You can look at my project in progress on a general idea of what you will looking at. BTW I did not have my rear narrowed at all.

fordman
11-14-2007, 03:19 AM
thanks for the info :bigthumb

glassman
11-14-2007, 02:15 PM
You have a pm

boosted 98
11-14-2007, 02:23 PM
i would tub out a stock 5.0 just because it looks cool!