PDA

View Full Version : Group meeting Dec.1st.

69Cobra
11-13-2007, 06:16 PM
A group meeting will be held on December 1,2007 at 7:30 PM. at Perkin's just off the North Bend Rd. Exit from I-74. Every one is invited to attend. We will discuss and vote on issues for the 2008 racing season. For additional info phone Dave Stehlin at 513-367-1128 or Kris Rachford at 513-632-6290 or e-mail Kris at racingpalerider@zoomtown.com

5.0calypso93lx
11-13-2007, 06:40 PM
I'll try and attend this as I plan on being a bigger UMTR participant next year!

CAPRISTANG
11-13-2007, 09:59 PM
fomf gang will be there...

nordi
11-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I fully plan on being there. My intention is to run all UMTR events from now on.

Nordi

69Cobra
11-14-2007, 12:07 AM
A group meeting will be held on December 1,2007 at 7:30 PM. at Perkin's just off the North Bend Rd. Exit from I-74. Every one is invited to attend. We will discuss and vote on issues for the 2008 racing season. For additional info phone Dave Stehlin at 513-367-1128 or Kris Rachford at 513-623-6290 or e-mail Kris at racingpalerider@zoomtown.com

Correction on my phone number.

69Cobra
11-14-2007, 12:10 AM
I fully plan on being there. My intention is to run all UMTR events from now on.

Nordi

SAWEEEEEEEEEET! See ya there!

MADMOD
11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I am sure the Florence Mob will be there:bigthumb

Black Horse
11-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Do you have an agenda for this little get together?

MADMOD
11-14-2007, 12:25 PM
About the only opinion I have on UMTR is, I think if you want to race UMTR you should be a paying memeber. I think he more cars we have that are paying members the better off if is going to look for our sponsors. Just my .02

08 Vette
11-14-2007, 12:45 PM
I might have to show up, since it's about 2 minutes from my house.

69Cobra
11-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Do you have an agenda for this little get together?

Agenda? What's an agenda?

Just kidding yes actually we have many topics of interest we want to put to a vote. The end results of the vote as long as it is a 66.7% majority that vote will rule one way or the other. Some topics will not be up for vote and we just want to clarify some rules.

Basically, we want the members input on the direction this thing is going to go.

We also understand that no matter what we do somebody isn't going to like it. What people need to understand about how Dave and I are going to run this thing is, we are going to look at it as a business and run it as a business. All I have to say is be there Dec. 1st so we have your input.

Dave and I also have our air fair and hotel ticket to Orlando for the PRI show. It is our agenda to make every race next year a guarantee pay out for both classes if possible. We are going to do what we have to do to take this thing to the next level.

Kris

MADMOD
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
What is a PRI show?

69Cobra
11-14-2007, 05:24 PM
What is a PRI show?

The PRI show is the Performance Racing Industry here's a link.

http://www.performanceracing.com/

Anybody who's anybody will be at the PRI show. This is where we will talk to everybody that has anything to do with stick shift racing. Jerico, G Force, McLeod, Ram, Boninfante, Crower, Strange, Moser, Mark William, Spec, ACT, the list goes on but you get the point.

Black Horse
11-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Agenda? What's an agenda?

Just kidding yes actually we have many topics of interest we want to put to a vote.

Just as a thought, it may be a good idea to list a few of the topics you want to discuss now so that members and others can have some time to get their thoughts about each subject straight. It will keep the discussion more on-track at the meeting and should lead well into any vote.

Maximus
11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Cincy Speed Street isnt broke...so hopefully it will get MORE racers.:bigthumb

69Cobra
11-14-2007, 06:05 PM
About the only opinion I have on UMTR is, I think if you want to race UMTR you should be a paying memeber. I think he more cars we have that are paying members the better off if is going to look for our sponsors. Just my .02

Well here is one. I personally see both sides. On one hand I do think everybody should be a member. Because I don't think a non-member should be a factor in who wins the championship. On the other hand is it right to make someone be a member if they can only race one or two races a year with us. This is why we are going to put it up for a vote and let the racers have the say.

I can tell you this. If the vote comes out that everybody shouldn't be a member to race. Then we might make it to where if it is a $1,000 dollars to win race. That $1,000 dollars will be for a member and only $800 to win for a non-member. Just a thought but the bottom line is there will be an incentive to become a member.

69Cobra
11-14-2007, 06:15 PM
One more might be. Does the s/s guys and gals want an ET break? If so at what ET. Or do you not care as long as your only paying $20 to race?

69Cobra
11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Also do you want to add any value to "Street Stick"? In other words have a rule to where any car running street stick must run on DOT tires, or must have mufflers, or must have an up to date registration? Just some thoughts guys this is your class tell us what you want.

bcoh5gt
11-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Also do you want to add any value to "Street Stick"? In other words have a rule to where any car running street stick must run on DOT tires, or must have mufflers, or must have an up to date registration? Just some thoughts guys this is your class tell us what you want.

I kinda like the thought of that, but it's bracket not heads up so might as well let the class be as big as it can. more cars more money right?

Kelly Pelrine
11-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Dave and I also have our air fair and hotel ticket to Orlando for the PRI show. It is our agenda to make every race next year a guarantee pay out for both classes if possible. We are going to do what we have to do to take this thing to the next level.

Kris

I keep forgettin to call you lol!

MFIELD
11-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Is this for current members or everyone, like ones wanting to run next year?

69Cobra
11-14-2007, 11:35 PM
This is for any racer that is interested on running with UMTR next year.

69Cobra
11-14-2007, 11:38 PM
I kinda like the thought of that, but it's bracket not heads up so might as well let the class be as big as it can. more cars more money right?

I agree that is why I want all of your opinions.

Maximus
11-15-2007, 12:48 AM
You should be concentrating on Pro-Shift/Stick class. The SS class had waaay more racers at all the races. I like Karls idea on the rules for the street stick.....ONE RULE, you have a clutch, you are racing.:bigthumb
Hopefully, the faster SS racers will move up to try and win the $1000!

MADMOD
11-15-2007, 10:05 AM
You should be concentrating on Pro-Shift/Stick class. The SS class had waaay more racers at all the races. I like Karls idea on the rules for the street stick.....ONE RULE, you have a clutch, you are racing.:bigthumb

The one rule deal is what really attracted me to UMTR. That and 20 bucks to run. Plus some of these cars running on DOT tires could get alittle loose.

69Cobra
11-15-2007, 10:00 PM
The one rule thing is fine with me. I just want to make sure its fine with everyone running the class. Right now there is nothing keeping a 8 or 9 second racecar from running the class. If you guys are fine with it then I'm fine with it. I just want to give everyone a chance to say their fine with it. So if half way through the season some power shift cars start running both classes and win a couple races I don't want to hear anybody crying about it.

5.0calypso93lx
11-15-2007, 10:39 PM

That's what I think too. I only raced once last year, but I think its awesome when we take up two full lanes at edgewater!!:bigthumb

Maximus
11-15-2007, 11:27 PM
The one rule thing is fine with me. I just want to make sure its fine with everyone running the class. Right now there is nothing keeping a 8 or 9 second racecar from running the class. If you guys are fine with it then I'm fine with it. I just want to give everyone a chance to say their fine with it. So if half way through the season some power shift cars start running both classes and win a couple races I don't want to hear anybody crying about it.

Then you should open the PS class up to anyone as well. Im sure Jeremy in his 15 second Neon cleaning house would go over real well.:eek::lol:

69Cobra
11-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Now there's an idea:rolleyes:. I didn't open the street stick class up to anyone its been open. Just making sure that what you guys want.

MADMOD
11-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Bump! Don't forget!!!

93cobra
11-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Well here is one. I personally see both sides. On one hand I do think everybody should be a member.

I think everyone should be a member. If you don't want to pull a whopping $35 out of your wallet to help support this whole deal, then park your car out in the field & watch.

I am sick of everyone wanting everything for free in this world.

UMTR should be treated as a business and hopefully a profitable one as time comes. (Does NHRA, IHRA, NMRA, NMCA....etc etc..let their racers participate for pocket change) If it isn't ran as a serious business, nobody (industry, potential sponsors, racetracks, other racers, etc) will take it serious.

Why do you think Pinks All Out events fill their 400 car registration in a less than an hour every event...They laid the foundation (which wasn't free) as a business to be taken serious with Speed, Napa & other event sponsors. There is no reason UMTR couldn't attract 400 cars to each event in the future. I think the day of boring automatic bracket 1 & 2 drag racing will die eventually. Honestly if it wasn't for shifting a car down the track, I wouldn't fool with it period

I think a lot of people discount the fact that there will be serious time & energy poured into this effort from here on out (not to say karl & john didn't do anything) which allows us to pull into a track write our name down on a sheet & have a blast for the day (not to mention race for cash prizes). That dosen't just appear out of thin air.

$20 street stick & $50 powershift is cheap. Hell local motocross track entry fees can double that per class & a lot of riders enter 2-3 classes not counting ama yearly membership fees, district card yearly fees etc..etc.. Arenacross/ Supercross / Outdoor Nationals entry fees could hit $150 per class easily.

I don't know, don't call yourself a racer if you don't want to pony up. If you don't want to get with the program, no hard feelings then, leave

MADMOD
11-30-2007, 02:08 PM
I think everyone should be a member. If you don't want to pull a whopping $35 out of your wallet to help support this whole deal, then park your car out in the field & watch.

UMTR should be treated as a business and hopefully a profitable one as time comes. (Does NHRA, IHRA, NMRA, NMCA....etc etc..let their racers participate for pocket change) If it isn't ran as a serious business, nobody (industry, potential sponsors, racetracks, other racers, etc) will take it serious.

Why do you think Pinks All Out events fill their 400 car registration in a less than an hour every event...They laid the foundation (which wasn't free) as a business to be taken serious with Speed, Napa & other event sponsors. There is no reason UMTR couldn't attract 400 cars to each event in the future. I think the day of boring automatic bracket 1 & 2 drag racing will die eventually. Honestly if it wasn't for shifting a car down the track, I wouldn't fool with it period

I think a lot of people discount the fact that there will be serious time & energy poured into this effort from here on out (not to say karl & john didn't do anything) which allows us to pull into a track write our name down on a sheet & have a blast for the day (not to mention race for cash prizes). That dosen't just appear out of thin air.

$20 street stick & $50 powershift is cheap. Hell local motocross track entry fees can double that per class & a lot of riders enter 2-3 classes not counting ama yearly membership fees, district card yearly fees etc..etc.. Arenacross/ Supercross / Outdoor Nationals entry fees could hit $150 per class easily.

I don't know, don't call yourself a racer if you don't want to pony up. If you don't want to get with the program, no hard feelings then, leave

I agree 100%. Amen Brother!

93cobra
11-30-2007, 03:07 PM
I agree 100%. Amen Brother!

:lol:not trying to sound like a preacher & mr. know it all ...i guess i just get sick of cheap asses that don't like to support the hands that feed them no matter what the topic may be:confused:

craigels
11-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Mom and I will be there tomorrow night.

I would like to see tag, title, license and insurance requirements on the "street" class.

Craig

bcoh5gt
11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Mom and I will be there tomorrow night.

I would like to see tag, title, license and insurance requirements on the "street" class.

Craig

I agree Craig, after a lot of thinking and my last post of saying let the class grow. IDK? This would even the field a little more and "SHOULD" keep the pro shifted tranny's out. Leave on a clutch then bang gears all the way down without one? Being those are difficult to drive on the street due to rmp match for down shifting and stuff, maybe it would make those guys/gals move up to the p/s class and keep those p/s guys from coming into our entry level class and mopping our asses. I can't wait for tomorrow just to hear evryone's opinions and ideas.:bigthumb

Mista Bone
11-30-2007, 07:15 PM
likely me and Ryan will be there......maybe a FWD/AWD class?

69Cobra
12-01-2007, 01:16 AM

Well said Johnny!

ponymom05
12-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Will there be incentives for paying the dues? Most clubs give you a hat or t-shirt, subscrip to a mag or something when you pay the dues. Will UMTR be offering up anything besides a sticker?

MADMOD
12-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Is it time to be there yet?

ponymom05
12-01-2007, 12:22 PM
almost

Mista Bone
12-01-2007, 02:09 PM
are we there yet?

Dunno if I'll make it, possible offer getting a new "spec" racing class going, supposed to meet in Hamilton at 5 pm......I was there until 2:30 last night.......

craigels
12-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Looka like Mad Matt Johnson will be in attendance with us!

Craig

MADMOD
12-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Is it sad that is this is all I have had to look foward to all day?