PDA

View Full Version : Where to get nice leather recliner?

ponyboystroker
11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey all,
I am looking to buy a nice and comfortable black leather recliner. Does anyone know where to get a pretty nice one without getting ripped off? Does anyone have a used one they are interested in selling?

Thanks! :coo1:

mustang8998
11-13-2007, 09:54 PM
We have a lazyboy we want to sell, but it's not leather. :o

ponyboystroker
11-13-2007, 10:07 PM
We have a lazyboy we want to sell, but it's not leather. :o

I appreciate the offer, but I am pretty stuck on black leather. Good luck with the sale. ;)

92StangMan
11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
American Freight keeps sending me ads that have furniture for sale at reasonable prices. I've never been there so I'm not sure on the quality.

RACEME
11-14-2007, 06:47 AM
I have one from Big Lots. It has been good for 3 years now. It is not lazy boy quality, but it was very resonably priced.

Gene
11-14-2007, 09:41 AM
I have one that I bought at the Macy's Home Store about five years ago. Can't complain about it. I'm not sure what brand it is, though.

Holly
11-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm pretty much stuck on Furniture Fair. The furniture we bought 3 years ago still looks like new, it's in great shape. Good quality furniture. ;)

Or, you might take a ride out to Trader's World. They have a furniture store in there, and they usually have leather stuff. Depends on what week you go.

REDHOTGTGIRL
11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Value City has some pretty good deals. That's where we got our furniture and I love it. That American Freight place does have some pretty good prices and they usually have some leather recliners. They don't keep the same items in stock, so it just depends what was on the truck. But, it is worth a look.

ponyboystroker
11-14-2007, 06:37 PM
I have one that I bought at the Macy's Home Store about five years ago. Can't complain about it. I'm not sure what brand it is, though.

I just talked to someone who also suggested Macy's home store, but she was not sure if they still did furniture because she bought her's about 3 years ago.

ponyboystroker
11-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Value City has some pretty good deals. That's where we got our furniture and I love it. That American Freight place does have some pretty good prices and they usually have some leather recliners. They don't keep the same items in stock, so it just depends what was on the truck. But, it is worth a look.

I am going to check out both places. :bigthumb

ponyboystroker
11-14-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty much stuck on Furniture Fair. The furniture we bought 3 years ago still looks like new, it's in great shape. Good quality furniture. ;)

Or, you might take a ride out to Trader's World. They have a furniture store in there, and they usually have leather stuff. Depends on what week you go.

I am going to be checking out Furniture Fair also. Was the furniture you bought leather?

Holly
11-15-2007, 10:01 AM
I am going to be checking out Furniture Fair also. Was the furniture you bought leather?

No, personally, I don't like leather furniture (cold in the winter, hot in the summer), but they have a wide variety of it there. Leather looks damn good in a living room, I just don't find it "comfortable". We bought a couch and one of those big chairs with an attached ottoman, the kind you sit in and don't ever want to get out of (from Furniture Fair). :lol:

92StangMan
11-15-2007, 10:25 AM
The only thing I hate about leather is sticking to it.

ponyboystroker
11-17-2007, 12:11 AM
That American Freight place does have some pretty good prices and they usually have some leather recliners. They don't keep the same items in stock, so it just depends what was on the truck. But, it is worth a look.

Where's it at??

mach_u
11-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Where's it at??
http://americanfreight.us/locations.shtml Google is your friend! ;)

ponyboystroker
11-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I think I may go genuine laz-y-boy. I went and looked at a few places last night and nobody else's leather seemed like it was close in quality; granted the price was higher.

92StangMan
11-18-2007, 12:43 PM
AF seems to have some low prices... almost too low. Is the quality crappy to compensate for the cheap prices?

ponyboystroker
11-18-2007, 03:56 PM
AF seems to have some low prices... almost too low. Is the quality crappy to compensate for the cheap prices?

I shopped around quite a bit this week, and as far as quality is concerned it seems that you get what you pay for. I bought the Laz-Y-Boy Crandell (largest) leather recliner and it is awesome! :D Out of all the chairs that I looked at nothing comes close to comparing to this one. It is a quality piece of furniture that will hopefully last for many years.

Rick93coupe
11-18-2007, 05:13 PM
The trick is to buy suede, you cant go wrong with it. I've got a smooth (feeling) leather couch and matching chair, and they are very cold this time of yr, and if the air is off, they're sticky as hell in the summer. My next set will probably be that new microsuede, its synthetic suede and feels really nice to the touch. I like to shop at Morris home furniture here in Dayton.

FireStang02
11-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Can't go wrong with LazyBoy. The firehouse I work at bought 10 recliners 10 years ago. They get more use in a month than most people's do in a year. They have been broken and beaten many times. Lazyboy stands behind the lifetime warranty. We just pay for the labor and they fix them. Customer service is awesome.

REDHOTGTGIRL
11-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty backed by good customer service. That is a nice recliner you got Chris, I'm sure it will last you a while.

bkstang95
11-19-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree with Holly on Furniture Fair. I did my home theater with black leather recliners made by berkshire. They are very comfortable and seem to be durable as im not very easy on furniture.