PDA

View Full Version : PDA cell phone advice

Rick93coupe
11-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I need to pick up a new phone this weekend and was thinking about getting something like a blackberry or Treo, can you guys tell me what you like or dislike about them, or some models I should avoid? Thanks,
Rick

cobraman302
11-14-2007, 09:26 PM
I bought a treo 650 off of ebay about a year and a hlaf ago and its been the best phone I have ever had. It has a ton of options, uses a sd card for memory, camera isnt the best, very tough phone if you are rough on them, and by far THE easiest to use phone I have ever had. The touchscreen operates great with your finger so you never really have to use the stylus, and you can fly through menus with the touch screen so you don't have to rely on buttons to navigate screens and take forever.

The other phone that a few of my friends have is the Blackberry 8830, which doesn't have a camera if you don't want one. Its a slick phone, but doesn't have touchscreen. Its a lot thinner than the treo, and more advanced because of its newer on the market.

It really just comes down to the things you are looking for in the phone. Are you somewhat tech savvy, you want something easy to use, small, camera, price an issue?, and so on.

Paul408Notch
11-14-2007, 09:53 PM
I had a Treo 650 for a few years, and just recently switched to a Mogul running Windows Mobile. The Treo was pretty much flawless for me. Everything worked really well, and I never had many software problems unless I ended up installing a bad program or something.

Windows Mobile has some amazing abilities, but it's really biggy just like regular Windows. If you're good with Windows, don't be scared of a WM device. If you just want something easy to use, a Palm or Blackberry would probably be better.

FireStang02
11-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Sprint has a newer one that just came out called the Centro. Just like the Treo but a bit smaller. Awesome deal. $99

Rick93coupe
11-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Anyone have a treo 650 they want to get rid of? I figure I'll give that one a shot and see if that type of phone is something I like or not. If it seems cool, I'll upgrade to something with wifi down the road.

Rick93coupe
11-16-2007, 06:09 PM
I have At&t service

Rick93coupe
12-08-2007, 08:33 PM
I picked up the 8525 and love it. Been surfing the net from the phone with the wifi feature, so thats pretty cool. Its definitely a 2 handed phone though, so driving and dialing can be a pain in the ass. Although if I set up the voice dialing it wont be an issue anymore. I have heard good things about the treo 680 though. If this one dies before something better comes out, I may give it a shot. Thanks for help guys.