PDA

View Full Version : heads up mustang owners stop rust issues!!

plated
11-14-2007, 09:38 PM
i thought i'd share this info,i'm noticing alot of mustang ALL YEARS!!! have a felt sound deadner behind the wheelwell in the fender jam,well these huge 1/2 thick felt is attached to the firewall,rocker panel,and door jam structure,well i'm seeing these felt hold water and cause some very serious rust issues.i recomend if u take alot of pride and plan on keeping one for years take the time out and ripp them off and throw them in the garbage,also pressure wash your inside shocktowers everyonce in a while,they just hold alot of dirt that holds water and creates,structure rust.i thought i'd share this info becouse i'm seeing it on about every MUSTANG latley, THIS WILL CAUSE BAD STRUCTURE RUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE WARNED!!!

ibstrokin
11-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I have seen rust in the drivers side floorboard also, where your right foot sits. The only thing I can think that would cause that is old carpet (worn) and no floor mat.

Ryan218
11-14-2007, 10:18 PM
I have seen rust in the drivers side floorboard also, where your right foot sits. The only thing I can think that would cause that is old carpet (worn) and no floor mat.

yup mine has that...small hole...ill weld it up when i put in sub frames...

DeckerEnt
11-14-2007, 11:08 PM
You should see mine. From the top, it looks great but don't look under it. Scale rust everywhere. Barn car. Plus under the hood, the driver's side is covered in oil so no rust there but the passenger's side, lots of rust issues.
Keith

PonymanfiveO
11-15-2007, 12:29 AM
i thought i'd share this info,i'm noticing alot of mustang ALL YEARS!!! have a felt sound deadner behind the wheelwell in the fender jam,well these huge 1/2 thick felt is attached to the firewall,rocker panel,and door jam structure,well i'm seeing these felt hold water and cause some very serious rust issues.i recomend if u take alot of pride and plan on keeping one for years take the time out and ripp them off and throw them in the garbage,also pressure wash your inside shocktowers everyonce in a while,they just hold alot of dirt that holds water and creates,structure rust.i thought i'd share this info becouse i'm seeing it on about every MUSTANG latley, THIS WILL CAUSE BAD STRUCTURE RUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE WARNED!!!

wow...I want to get mine out but I cant get to them. I dont want to take anything apart on my car.:(

:dork:

plated
11-15-2007, 12:31 AM
wow...I want to get mine out but I cant get to them. I dont want to take anything apart on my car.:(

:dork:

:lol: is it done yet

PonymanfiveO
11-15-2007, 12:59 AM
When its done.....you'll know....

because you'll be helping me wetsand the orange peel off the clear.

;)

shep
11-15-2007, 09:16 AM
older hondas (not sure about newer ones) have it also....another reason for the honda cancer..

plated
11-15-2007, 09:24 AM
older hondas (not sure about newer ones) have it also....another reason for the honda cancer..:pump: wheel well moulding on the rear quarters were to prevent rust and ended up creating it:bigthumb

theyallslow
11-15-2007, 09:33 AM
thanks for the tip Plated.:bigthumb