PDA

View Full Version : Need Identity theft help!

RACEME
11-15-2007, 01:27 PM
How do you check a minor's credit for identity theft? I want to check this for my 15 year old daughter.

The reason is that I just got a letter in the mail. My 15 year old daughter has been picked for jury duty! (stop laughing) I now refer to her as juror 84!

I have tried all the credit bureaus, but they only provide reports for anyone over 18.

Anybody got any thoughts??

joemamma
11-15-2007, 01:57 PM
The only way you can get picked for jury duty is if you are registered to vote, correct?

I would first verify with the polling/election office that she is registered.

facemelter71
11-15-2007, 02:01 PM
There's probly another women with your daughters exact name and the office got the address goofed up.It happen's to my girlfriend alot cuz some else has her name,by birth to it wasnt identity theft.

95redstang
11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
How do you check a minor's credit for identity theft? I want to check this for my 15 year old daughter.

The reason is that I just got a letter in the mail. My 15 year old daughter has been picked for jury duty! (stop laughing) I now refer to her as juror 84!

I have tried all the credit bureaus, but they only provide reports for anyone over 18.

Anybody got any thoughts??
I would call the court house that has picked her for jury duty to find out if there was some sort of mistake..

Black Horse
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Let her show up for duty, that ought to raise a few eybrows!

RACEME
11-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I figured it out. I talked directly with the judge, and found out that Indiana is now also using tax returns and drivers license's to pick jurors. She filed taxes last year so that is how it happened.

PonymanfiveO
11-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Let her show up for duty, that ought to raise a few eybrows!

LMAO!

:bigthumb

holeshot
11-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Haha....that is crazy. Even if they are using tax returns to find potential jury duty candidates, you'd think there would be an age restriction.

Black Horse
11-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Haha....that is crazy. Even if they are using tax returns to find potential jury duty candidates, you'd think there would be an age restriction.

Yeah, but remeber this is Indiana.....you can marry your cousin at the age of 12!

holeshot
11-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah, but remeber this is Indiana.....you can marry your cousin at the age of 12!

Hahaha. :flipoff: