PDA

View Full Version : Roberts Family Dentistry

Bluecrew07
11-16-2007, 09:30 PM
About a month ago i went to the Dentist to have my wisdom teeth taken out. It all went smooth for what i can remeber the Valume knocked me out quick. It healed pretty well for the most part, about a week later I went back to the dentist because I was still in pain, he didnt even look at me and told me that I had 3 Dry Sockets. I told him that there is still a peice of my tooth still stuck in there that he missed. he said no thats just food. (I had only been eating pudding and Jello) I guess pudding is a hard as a Tooth....
A month has went by now and everything has healed except for the one socket where i said there was a tooth still in there. I went back to the Dentist today and I had one of the Other dentist look at it. And what do you know, It is part of a tooth that is now going threw the side of my Gum. Now I have to make another appointment for the day before thanksgiving to have surgery again to have it removed. And F up my thanksgiving because the dentist not only messed up the first time, but didnt even take the time to listen to what i was saying when I came back a week later!

Dentist suck!!!!!:mad::mad:

R825OH
11-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Get a Lawyer Josh

PonymanfiveO
11-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh thats fucked up man!

You should sue them for ruining the best holiday evah!

Bastards!

Black03SVT
11-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Where is this office at?

stangman_5
11-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry to hear that man, that sucks...

12seclx
11-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Man, I feel lucky now... I had my wisdom teeth pulled
on a Friday afternoon (June 29th?) and everything went smooth..
So smooth that I was racing on July 1st... :flipoff:

Good Luck with everything.... One thing that I was really
concerned with is the risk of infection after mine were pulled...

Mista Bone
11-17-2007, 12:14 AM
my oral surgeon had a cure for the infection, take a shot of whiskey and swish it around, then pop a Tyenol 3 and swallow.

Beam Choice + T3 = sleepy time when I was 17 :)

All 4 wisdon teeth were impacted, aka sideways.

I looked like a chipmunk for over a week.

95redstang
11-17-2007, 12:59 AM
my oral surgeon had a cure for the infection, take a shot of whiskey and swish it around, then pop a Tyenol 3 and swallow.

Beam Choice + T3 = sleepy time when I was 17 :)

All 4 wisdon teeth were impacted, aka sideways.

I looked like a chipmunk for over a week.

The chipmunk look was from having a pair of nuts in your mouth...:lol::kidding:
You set yourself up for that one...

DeckerEnt
11-17-2007, 01:48 AM
I hope they are doing the 2nd surgery for free. They should.
Keith

IWRBB
11-17-2007, 09:18 AM
I got one more that has to be cut out, the other three were pulled. I don't like seeing crap like this. Blah.

mach_u
11-17-2007, 10:04 AM
That sucks Josh. I have to get mine removed because a couple of them have only partially grown in(half out/half in the gum) and every few months they get really painful when I chew. This doesn't really make me feel much better... :(

Bluecrew07
11-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Where is this office at?
Its right next to penn station on beechmont. in front of where the old Sears used to be.

Man, I feel lucky now... I had my wisdom teeth pulled
on a Friday afternoon (June 29th?) and everything went smooth..
So smooth that I was racing on July 1st... :flipoff:

Good Luck with everything.... One thing that I was really
concerned with is the risk of infection after mine were pulled...
Mine got infected because he didnt do it right.

That sucks Josh. I have to get mine removed because a couple of them have only partially grown in(half out/half in the gum) and every few months they get really painful when I chew. This doesn't really make me feel much better... :(
I cant drink anything cold, eat anything cold and when i yawn it kills

Black03SVT
11-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Are you sure its not Rogers Family Dent? I know they use to be down by Buddy Rogers on Beechmont. I went to to Rogers about 5 years ago and they told me I had 5 cavities that needed to be filled:eek:. Up to that point I had never had a cavity in my life. I did not go back and about 6 mths later I went to Blackburn in Amelia and had my teeth cleaned and they told me I had no cavities WTF? I told Blackburn about Rogers and he double checked and said he could find NOTHING.That was about 2 yrs ago and still no cavities. I called Rogers and ask them about it and they kept saying we will have the Dentist call you back:mad: Never got the call.

bobtsgt
11-17-2007, 04:23 PM
that sucks buddy. My old dentist told me I HAD to get mine cut out. Now its 2 1/2 years later, I let them grow in by themselves and everything is perfect. Granted I haven't been to a dentist in 2 1/2 years but its all good.

Mista Bone
11-17-2007, 11:07 PM
The chipmunk look was from having a pair of nuts in your mouth...:lol::kidding:
You set yourself up for that one...

I was sedated, don't remember a thing.

I can say this, the then GF whom I married and DIVORCED later, kept me happy during the recovery period.

Bluecrew07
11-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Are you sure its not Rogers Family Dent? I know they use to be down by Buddy Rogers on Beechmont. I went to to Rogers about 5 years ago and they told me I had 5 cavities that needed to be filled:eek:. Up to that point I had never had a cavity in my life. I did not go back and about 6 mths later I went to Blackburn in Amelia and had my teeth cleaned and they told me I had no cavities WTF? I told Blackburn about Rogers and he double checked and said he could find NOTHING.That was about 2 yrs ago and still no cavities. I called Rogers and ask them about it and they kept saying we will have the Dentist call you back:mad: Never got the call.
Positive

Ryan218
11-18-2007, 08:48 PM
*yikes* i got to go to the dentist Monday...that's only one day away... .. i have to get two Muller's pulled :sad:

Bluecrew07
11-19-2007, 11:05 AM
yea im not looking forward to mine either, 2days. good luck

R825OH
11-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Liquid turkey for you Josh. at least you'll get a buzz:lol:

Bluecrew07
11-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Liquid turkey for you Josh. at least you'll get a buzz:lol:
that would prolly help heal it. good thinking

Ryan218
11-19-2007, 04:55 PM
well my dentist can kiss my ass now...used nonthing to numb it just yanked the fuckers out..hurt like a SOB.....and then...they gave me nonthing to dull the pain...what a dick.

Bluecrew07
11-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Sounds like mine.

nkystanger
11-20-2007, 09:50 AM
my dentist refferred me to a dental surgereon. Went in for a consultation...he looked at the x rays for a minute and told me what they would do. Went in a week later, gave me laughing gas and an iv..i was out a minute later. Woke up and had all four wisdom teeth pulled and wasnt in to much pain. He gave me a nice prescription for percecets and antibiotics. It was annoying for about a day but after that i was fine.(went to the reds game the next day) After hearing a lot of horror stories, i will have to say my experience was pretty easy.

RIXXX93GT
11-20-2007, 01:26 PM
I am one of the 1 in 1500 that never had any. Lucky me. I remember when my ex-wife had hers pulled she was so loopy from the anasthesia. I went into the drug store to get her perscription and came back out to find her crawling across the parking lot balling like a baby. Ahhhh the memories.

Bluecrew07
11-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Well i go back for surgery tomorrow so we see how it goes

firestang70
11-21-2007, 03:00 PM
It is Rogers Family Dentistry my family used to go there. No bad experiences, just tired of the drive.

Bluecrew07
11-21-2007, 04:09 PM
I went there today. no surgery yet. he gave me a specail toothpaste. he wants to see if that helps first

Mr.Moontang
11-21-2007, 04:42 PM
I went there today. no surgery yet. he gave me a specail toothpaste. he wants to see if that helps first

Sorry Josh I had to post this up about the "special toothpaste":sukit:

Bluecrew07
11-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Sorry Josh I had to post this up about the "special toothpaste":sukit:
Fluoride* toothpaste

one90gt
11-22-2007, 06:49 PM
call a medical malpractice lawyer and tell them your story. you can get some major bucks for a malpractice suit.

mach_u
11-22-2007, 10:59 PM
call a medical malpractice lawyer and tell them your story. you can get some major bucks for a malpractice suit.
And we wonder why medical costs are skyrocketing in this country... :rolleyes:

Holly
11-28-2007, 11:50 AM

I happen to know one if you decide to pursue this - I work for a high dollar law firm, but they get results. :bigthumb

Personally, I don't think it's worth it. Money isn't everything, and you'd probably spend the next year in and out of court. I made the decision NOT to pursue a malpractice suit against the hospital for Vinny, just because I didn't want to go through all that again. It just doesn't seem worth it in the end. No amount of money would ever make me want to relive those two weeks again. :( They agreed to write off all the money I owed them for his ER visits (to both hospitals), and that was good enough for me.

Off topic a bit there - but again, we have a couple of excellent medical malpractice attorneys working here if you are interested (you have to have money to get it started though, they do nothing for free, unless you work here < which has been a great help to me through all of this and will be come tax time!). ;)

IWRBB
12-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I just had my last wisdom tooth cut out yesterday. The first three were pulled over the years, this one had to be sectioned/drilled/removed. It was through the gum in some areas, but partially impacted under some gum and bone in the back. About 5 shots of novacaine kept me from feeling a thing, I was wide awake. He sewed it up with a bunch of stitches, that was a weird feeling when he was sewing me up.

The Vicodin (7.5 mg hydrocodone/750mg acetaminophen) is keeping me happy and pain free. I hope to hell I don't get a dry socket.

IWRBB
12-11-2007, 04:28 PM
well my dentist can kiss my ass now...used nonthing to numb it just yanked the fuckers out..hurt like a SOB.....and then...they gave me nonthing to dull the pain...what a dick.

Shit, at least my old dentist shot me with some novacaine for the first 3 I had pulled. He was old school too, you never got anything for fillings unless you asked. I got nothing for pain afterwards besides "take some aspirin". This last tooth, it was an oral surgeon that did it, he gave me the Vicodin and some antibiotics.

Stangman
12-11-2007, 08:35 PM
This all makes me feel fantastic... lol! i've got all four coming in right now at the same time :mad:... one is thinking pretty hard about coming thru the gum... feels great when I eat.. not!

What exactly is a dry socket???

IWRBB
12-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Well, I did some reading earlier today and it appears it happens when the blood clot is lost. The hole becomes hollow and "dries" out. It takes longer to heal, and hurts like hell in the meantime.

A list of items that tend to make it more likely:
-Any type of sucking type stuff like smoking, using a straw, and spitting.
-Washing your mouth out within the first couple days can take the clot with it. When I brushed my teeth, I had to basically get some water in my mouht, then jsut let it dribble out. No spittin it out.
-They are more likly on the lower teeth, and even more likely on the lower wisdom tooth.
-Age. The younger the better.

So, being a 34 yr old smoker that drinks Dew all day and having a lower wisdom tooth removed, I gotta try to do the right stuff for about 5 days. They say the pain will return after the third day if you are getting them. He sewed mine up pretty good and it looks like it has a clot on there, so I'm hoping.

Stangman
12-11-2007, 11:55 PM
I need mine done bad... i dont know where to go... and dont have the money or insurance...

nkystanger
12-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Well, I did some reading earlier today and it appears it happens when the blood clot is lost. The hole becomes hollow and "dries" out. It takes longer to heal, and hurts like hell in the meantime.

A list of items that tend to make it more likely:
-Any type of sucking type stuff like smoking, using a straw, and spitting.
-Washing your mouth out within the first couple days can take the clot with it. When I brushed my teeth, I had to basically get some water in my mouht, then jsut let it dribble out. No spittin it out.
-They are more likly on the lower teeth, and even more likely on the lower wisdom tooth.
-Age. The younger the better.

So, being a 34 yr old smoker that drinks Dew all day and having a lower wisdom tooth removed, I gotta try to do the right stuff for about 5 days. They say the pain will return after the third day if you are getting them. He sewed mine up pretty good and it looks like it has a clot on there, so I'm hoping.

Just dont drink through a straw, or smoke for a few days and you should be ok.

Doc told me to gargle with warm salt water a couple times a day also.

IWRBB
12-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I need mine done bad... i dont know where to go... and dont have the money or insurance...

Dr. Bordeau removed mine, I was quite happy with his work and the women helping him. It was $250.00 for one tooth. It would have been $450.00 if I had been knocked out. Dunno how much all 4 would have been. You noramlly need a referral from a dentist, I don't know if you can just call and get something scheduled. Maybe though...

If you can wait, and have a healthcare FSA at work, sign up for about $1000 worth of deductions. You can have the work done as soon as you sign up, you'll have to pay the bill, then submit your bill and they will re-imburse you. You then slowly pay it back tax-free throughout the year with deductions form your paycheck.

Good luck..

Holly
12-12-2007, 12:53 PM

Dentists are expensive! I had some work done yesterday, I was there for about 45 minutes (they took out old metal fillings and replaced them with tooth colored ones) and my bill was $420! Thank God I have medical reimbursement, insurance doesn't cover all of it because it's "cosmetic". :rolleyes:

Anyway, I go to Dr. Parobek in Amelia, I love him and his staff. They are great people. I was dreading going last night, but it was a piece of cake, I didn't even feel it when they numbed my mouth.

Stangman
12-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Dentists are expensive! I had some work done yesterday, I was there for about 45 minutes (they took out old metal fillings and replaced them with tooth colored ones) and my bill was $420! Thank God I have medical reimbursement, insurance doesn't cover all of it because it's "cosmetic". :rolleyes:

Anyway, I go to Dr. Parobek in Amelia, I love him and his staff. They are great people. I was dreading going last night, but it was a piece of cake, I didn't even feel it when they numbed my mouth.

do they do wisdom teeth?

Holly
12-14-2007, 10:11 AM
do they do wisdom teeth?

Yeah, I'm sure they do (although they did not do mine, but I had them removed 20 years ago, by Dr. Freese (don't go there!). Give Dr. Parobek's office a call (753-4780). They are closed the week between Christmas and New Years, taking a vacation (as I am!).