PDA

View Full Version : *BEER* Paulaner Salvator Double Bock...

PonymanfiveO
11-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Guide Rating - 9.5 :bigthumb
The Bottom Line...
This is one of the truly great beers of the world. It is labeled as a Doppelbock or Double Bock.
Pros

* Rich, full flavor
* Excellent Example of a dark German beer

Cons

* A Bit Sweet But Not too much for me

Description

* Full, Complete Malty Flavors
* 7.9% alcohol by volume
* DEDPEDAL Racing Approved

Matt Johnson Review -
Salvator pours with a medium butterscotch colored head. The clear body is a deep amber. Its aroma is full of sweet toffee. The flavor is full of round flavors of malt, toffee, bread, and hints of coffee. It is wonderfully complex and has a full mouthfeel. :drunk: There is a hint of graininess in the finish with lingering toffee sweetness. :cheers:

Go Get yous sum! ;)

PonymanfiveO
11-18-2007, 12:36 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f4/Beer-Paulaner-Salvator-Doppelbock.jpg/450px-Beer-Paulaner-Salvator-Doppelbock.jpg

ATimpe
11-18-2007, 12:49 AM
i love german beer one of my favorites is Haufbrau haus lager (please excuse spelling). They used to sell it at the Black Forest resturant so the only place to get it now is at the Haufbrau!

mustangboy
11-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Sounds yummy!! I have a buddy that has started brewing his own beer and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it has turned out. Your review reminded me of him talking about some of the different flavors he has brewed up. Maybe you oughta look at cooking up a special Dedpedal brew.:drunk:

PonymanfiveO
11-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Id love to!

A home brew kit is on my Christmas wish list!!!

PonymanfiveO
11-18-2007, 01:04 AM
i love german beer one of my favorites is Haufbrau haus lager (please excuse spelling). They used to sell it at the Black Forest resturant so the only place to get it now is at the Haufbrau!

hell yea! You can pick up Haufbrau six packs in some stores though.

hey, you get all that shit sold already?

Maximus
11-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Ive been to busy to have a beer lately....and, well after the fact that I got completely Shit faced at the football game and was a "little loud" I havent had a beer in a while.

I think Ill go get one now.:lol::bigthumb

DeckerEnt
11-29-2007, 11:48 PM
I picked up a six of this tonight. It is good. My bottle does not look like the one in the pic though. Got mine at the cork n bottle in crescent springs.
Keith

R825OH
11-30-2007, 11:15 AM
I picked up a six of this tonight. It is good. My bottle does not look like the one in the pic though. Got mine at the cork n bottle in crescent springs.
Keith

Your not allowed to have that !I'm tellin the Keyrock people:lol:

DeckerEnt
11-30-2007, 12:07 PM
LOL. It is ALOT stronger than keystone too.
Keith

R825OH
11-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Stopped and got a 6 of Widmer Heffeweizen and a 6 of Magic Hat #9 gonna do a little review myself tonite

cin_mustang
12-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Magic hat was dissappointing to me.

R825OH
12-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Magic hat was dissappointing to me.

Yeah You know we got a few different 6's of it ;and I really haven't found one I really like.:(
But the Widmer is really tasty: 9.5 on the tasty scale and not over powering on the wheat side. Will definitley get some more of it:bigthumb

PonymanfiveO
12-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah You know we got a few different 6's of it ;and I really haven't found one I really like.:(
But the Widmer is really tasty: 9.5 on the tasty scale and not over powering on the wheat side. Will definitley get some more of it:bigthumb

I didnt like any of the Magic Hat stuff either.

I'll have to try the Widmer stuff. ;)

Speed Kills
12-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Id love to!

A home brew kit is on my Christmas wish list!!!

You definitely should get into it. You can get a basic kit for $60 and a really nice one for $150 - 200. I've been brewing for about a year and a half now and i love it. A couple buddies and I are filming a video series for teh beginning brewer and just got the forum for it up and running.

I'll be brewing a clone of stone's 06 vertical epic (8.66 ABV belgian this weekend) and after that it will be the 12.66% ABV Russian Imperrial Stout I just finished the recipe for.

mmmmmmmm homebrew.

PonymanfiveO
12-05-2007, 09:43 PM
oh man. I gotta try some of that.

You just cant get any better than a good home brew beer. :bigthumb

Speed Kills
12-06-2007, 01:27 AM
Yup, that's definitely the truth, better & cheaper beer, definitely can't beat it.

Rich
12-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Looks good...I may have to try it out next time. I just picked up some Sam Adams Winter Lager and it rocks! Headed to the fridge to pick up my fourth! I love Monday nights!

5.0calypso93lx
12-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Its funny you posted this matt, I was on a business trip last week at one of our plants in brockville canada, and two of my co-workers that were also at the plant, are both from Germany. These guys could drink beer like water. We got on the topic of what their favorite beer was, and this was it!!