PDA

View Full Version : Tweecer r/t or SCT tune

Rich
11-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I am debating which way to go with car this winter. It will have a little Novi on it making about 10#s.

I like the idea of the tweecer r/t with a wideband...as I like to change my combo all the time.

But I admit, I don't know if I have the "ability" to really tune it. The SCT chip with a custom dyno tune seems to be the safest way but having to pay for "reburns", dyno time, etc. is a definite bummer.

Any tweecer users around?

cstreu1026
11-19-2007, 11:40 PM
I would go with the SCT chip because its simpler.

chad393na
11-19-2007, 11:53 PM
I would go with the SCT chip because its simpler.

Ditto. You would still want to have it dyno'd after making any major changes, so you would still have that expense somewhat.

ibstrokin
11-20-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm selling my sct chip $150. The sct works great, but I bought low impedance 83's and and epec with the low impedance driver.

mustangoutlaw
11-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Any tweecer users around?

Thats what I use on the green car rich! give me a call.

5.0calypso93lx
11-20-2007, 10:07 AM
I have been reading the yahoo TwEECer board that Mike started and have just been researching the TwEECer on Corral. There is tons of good information out there.

Another good site is www.eectuning.org and go to the documentation section on the main page. The first entry, "Getting started (TwEECer / Other)" document is an excellent read. It basically gives you step by step instructions on how to get the car running/idling/max performance/etc.

I am personally choosing the TwEECer, because after you factor in the cost of the flip chip(if you were buying new), and a custom tune from whoever you are going to have tune it, your almost at the $500 cost of the TwEECer. Plus I think the datalogging ability of the R/T is awesome! With a wideband and the datalogging, you can get an awesome tune on the car.

theyallslow
11-20-2007, 11:06 AM
I got my 86 from a kid that had a TwEECer set up in the car. it was a 4 cyl. turbo car. At first i was lost then i went to a few twEECer pages and got tons of good tips. the only down side is it was all in base 16. but it was very easy to learn. I like it and i think that i may use it again when i get the new engine finished.

Rich
11-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Well, whatever I do...I need to do soon. I have the novi on, with the 42# injectors and the lightning mass air. Needless to say...the car is not operable right now.

But, I have a few months before the track opens...

5.0calypso93lx
11-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Well, whatever I do...I need to do soon. I have the novi on, with the 42# injectors and the lightning mass air. Needless to say...the car is not operable right now.

But, I have a few months before the track opens...

PM'ed you.