PDA

View Full Version : Instrument cluster

Adams89
11-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Just pulled my instrument cluster cause the gas guage didn't work. Tach was a couple seconds behind. Speedo didn't work. Seemed like a ton of stuff was wrong with it. I just got this mustang and this is the first thing in a long list of stuff I'm doing to her. Is the cluster normally a problem area. The guages are white faced, is this possibly stock or aftermarket. Decided to build a custom dash with the help of a panel from florida 5.0. Any advice is welcomed ! :)

Rick93coupe
11-22-2007, 11:56 PM
stock tach is notoriously inaccurate so everyone usually buys an after market unit right off the bat. If its white faced, someone has put the new facing on it, and could have screwed something up during the process. Speedo cables tend to go out over time, could be from a number of reasons. Its hard to say whats wrong with the gas gauge, but if its had the tank dropped, they could have messed up the float, its not that uncommon.
The florida 5.0 stuff is nice, but damn is it pricey! Post up some pics when you get it complete.

Adams89
11-23-2007, 12:05 AM
You aint kiddin its pricey, just paid $200 for a foot long piece of plastic ! How do I post pictures ?

Rick93coupe
11-23-2007, 12:12 AM
go to photobucket.com and start an account. From there you can upload pictures to your account, your doing this to host the picture and then you place a link in your post. You'll see a bunch of jargon underneath the picture. Look for the one that says IMG CODE and click on it. When you do, it will copy the picture, and then you just paste it in your post here on the site. It will look like this.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/Rick88coupe/photobucket.jpg

Adams89
11-23-2007, 12:18 AM
I'll give it a shot thanks Rick !