PDA

View Full Version : Damn Subaru brakes!

dedpedal
11-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Talk about a PITA! As it turns out, the grinding wasnt the shoes so I dont have to replace the drums, but what was grinding was a small ring that goes around the drum to fit into the backing plate. Someone bent the plate a bit on a previous brake job and it was rubbing against part of the ring that had rusted off. Sometimes I hate this car, other times I dispise it. Im going to drive this heap of shit till the wheels fall off (and knowing my luck with it, that could be next week) and junk it.Ill NEVER buy another. I guess it was built on a friday. Its one thing after another with this car and damn near every problem has been a large outlay of money. Never again.... till the next time.

Ryan218
11-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Talk about a PITA! As it turns out, the grinding wasnt the shoes so I dont have to replace the drums, but what was grinding was a small ring that goes around the drum to fit into the backing plate. Someone bent the plate a bit on a previous brake job and it was rubbing against part of the ring that had rusted off. Sometimes I hate this car, other times I dispise it. Im going to drive this heap of shit till the wheels fall off (and knowing my luck with it, that could be next week) and junk it.Ill NEVER buy another. I guess it was built on a friday. Its one thing after another with this car and damn near every problem has been a large outlay of money. Never again.... till the next time.

i sometimes think the same of my mustang!

Holly
11-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Talk about a PITA! Sometimes I hate this car, other times I dispise it. Im going to drive this heap of shit till the wheels fall off (and knowing my luck with it, that could be next week) and junk it.Ill NEVER buy another. I Never again.... till the next time.

You poor guy, you have had nothing but trouble from that car! When I was car shopping, somebody suggested a Subaru and because of all your hassle, I quickly declined! My Charger has a lifetime warranty on the tranny and engine, that's one of the main reasons I bought it. ;)

Mista Bone
11-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Holly, right now even I'd buy a Dodge with the lifetime driveline warranty!

Stangman
11-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Holly, right now even I'd buy a Dodge with the lifetime driveline warranty!

Chrysler must have finally figured out how to make an automatic transmission finally! :lol:

Gene
11-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Chrysler must have finally figured out how to make an automatic transmission finally! :lol:

No, they still haven't. They just now promise to replace it when it scatters itself all over Beechmont Ave.

Rick93coupe
11-24-2007, 06:26 PM
what kind of subaru do you have kev? What yr?

Mista Bone
11-24-2007, 07:26 PM
I'd say a 96-99 Outback Wagaon?

dedpedal
11-25-2007, 10:12 AM
what kind of subaru do you have kev? What yr?

99 forrester. I bought it due to the one Ian had a few years back. Never again. This car has ruined subaru for me forever.

BigBadStang
12-01-2007, 02:57 PM
subarus are junk. some parts are very hard to find, and expensive, and shit seems to just rust and fall off of them.
made many, many dollars working on these piles of shit.