PDA

View Full Version : Missing problem...supercharged motor

jbird79
11-24-2007, 05:02 PM
I have a 01 GT with a vortec supercharger.. I just had it out, and let it warm up a pretty good I thought.. I got on in 3rd to redline, then when shifting in 4th it fell on it's face.. The car has absolutely no power, and misses, and blows black smoke pretty bad.. It's about 30 degrees outside here.. Does it sound like I fouled a plug or can anyone help?? Also What's a good plug to run in a car with a blower??? I have a set of NGK TR6's will these work??

mustanginky
11-24-2007, 05:43 PM
check to see if a piece of the blower piping came off, this could cause it to run instantly rich hence the black smoke. i have had this happen numerous times. too much boost can cause them to blow off the hoses. and black smoke is a sign of a rich condition. make sure if it's not that check all the plugs. bluish smoke is a sign of oil in the cylinders, so if it's black it isnt that.

word to the wise, dont get into too much boost with a blower in the winter time, you could see a few more lbs of boost, and if it's not tuned, it could go boom...from a man with 2 split pistons right now.

jbird79
11-24-2007, 06:09 PM
It was indeed the blower piping came apart... Thank you very much...

mustanginky
11-24-2007, 09:01 PM
no problem man, just speaking from experience. the first time i did it i thought that i had blown up my engine, was on the first run with 12lbs of boost. scared me to death. expected to see a rod come out of the block, but it was just the piping