PDA

View Full Version : MSD distirbutor

zmcnutt
11-29-2007, 10:53 PM
I bought a new msd pro billet distributor for my car about 2 weeks ago. Put it in and couldnt get my car to run right at all wasted about a week trying to figure this out. finally i took it to someone who had time to mess with it. after my mechanic messed with it awhile and tried a few different things like an igniton module, plugs, wires. even after all this my car was still messing up with the msd. so in goes the stocker and the car runs fine again. ive been hearing bad stuff about msd lately i just wanted to add my experience with msd :flipoff:MSD

facemelter71
11-29-2007, 11:08 PM
I had just seen that FAST is makin a distributor for the windsor series engines.I would think as good as there management systems are that maybe i should give there new dissy a try.

Rick93coupe
11-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Hopefully the fast unit is better than the Accel Dual sync, I heard from a guy who used to repair them for Accel, and he says that they're junk. The MSD has problems with the pickup, for a while, they were recommending swapping the stock pickup into the MSD housing. .02

facemelter71
11-29-2007, 11:16 PM
If I pay that much for a dissy,It better work with the crap it came with.