PDA

View Full Version : Well What did you guys think?

MADMOD
12-02-2007, 09:13 AM
What did you guys think of last nights meeting?

I like the fact of a pro tree but if all the traveling is going to happen then that is going to put me out of alot of races this year. I just don't have the money to get a truck and trailer while I am planning on getting married.

MFIELD
12-02-2007, 09:59 AM
I couldmt make it, what were the highlites?

Maximus
12-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Im on the fence about the traveling. Sure it would be cool to be the "main show", but you have to have a BIG Pro Stick car count to give the fans and track owners their moneys worth. Hopefully the events at Kil Kare and Edgewater will produce more PS cars so when we do travel, we will bring alot of PS cars with us. Im sure the track owners arent gonna be happy with 9-12PS cars.

Street stick, nothing is changed.:bigthumb

Highlights...PRO TREE!! WOOT:bigthumb

cstreu1026
12-02-2007, 11:20 AM
So is the Kilkare thing a go?

ponymom05
12-02-2007, 11:36 AM
It gave us "13 second Mustangs" a lot to think about. Traveling is going to be a big issue for Street Stick people, IMO. I guess we won't really know until we see the schedule. It probably will cut me back to one car, which I have already given away driving for the season (and I won't go back on my word). I may likely be a spectator this season. But everything is subject to change. I probably won't be able to stand sitting in the sidelines!

It seems that the "club" is going to be very well run and organized, a very welcome thing in my book. However the focus does seem to be on the faster cars. It will be interesting to see what happens to the slower class as far as particpants. Time will tell. I'm sure it will be a GREAT season for all who join in! Good luck to all.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Cathy

MADMOD
12-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Im on the fence about the traveling. Sure it would be cool to be the "main show", but you have to have a BIG Pro Stick car count to give the fans and track owners their moneys worth. Hopefully the events at Kil Kare and Edgewater will produce more PS cars so when we do travel, we will bring alot of PS cars with us. Im sure the track owners arent gonna be happy with 9-12PS cars.

Street stick, nothing is changed.:bigthumb

Highlights...PRO TREE!! WOOT:bigthumb

I agree with you Craig. The more Traveling that is envolved the smaller the SS class is going to get. I would rather see it like it was last year Half at E20 and the other half at other tracks.

Pro Tree is a go in my book for sure!

quik lx
12-02-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't like the idea of traveling with 2 cars (both on sticky tires, 1 with nitrous and 1 with a blower) and no trailer. I love running SS events ,but it's too risky to travel with street cars. We already drive about 30 minutes just to get to our local track. Kil-care is just down the street from my dad's house so thats no problem, but we'll be sitting out the rest...so no points race this year for us.

And I've never ran a pro tree...so that will be something to get used to.:cool1:

Drivermod
12-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Pro Tree? If that happens I gotta get another car:bigthumb I always hated the sportsman tree.

craigels
12-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Traveling to race for points is the big issue. It is going to be very costly trying make every race. Especially if you are campaigning two cars like Joe said above and how mom and I have in the past. The incentive will be if they can get sponsorship and guarantee X amount of dollars before the gate.

Stick Shift Nats will be a points race this year as well as Gear Jammer Bash at Thompson. I don't see myself traveling to Cleveland for a points race, but we'll see.

I am willing to try a Pro tree, although I have never ran on one.

I think the whole "show" thing is an OK idea, but what everyone has to realize is that Pro Stick (formerly Power Shift) is not necessarily the "show." It seemed to me that PS was being pushed very heavily last night. Street Stick was just an after thought. But, its hard to put on a show with just 10 cars in the field. The show for the South is the SS class. 40+ street cars on a regular basis generates a lot more people and money than the PS class.

I was also a little taken back by someone's comment from the peanut gallery referring to "not wanting to see a class full of 13 second Mustangs..." Guess what?? That is the WHOLE class. Without all the "13 second Mustangs" the SS class would be reduced to less than 10 cars. He was PS guy.

There are some decisions to made by the Powers That Be... all we can do now is wait it out and hope the schedule brings some good news.

Craig

Maximus
12-02-2007, 09:45 PM
I was also a little taken back by someone's comment from the peanut gallery referring to "not wanting to see a class full of 13 second Mustangs..." Guess what?? That is the WHOLE class. Without all the "13 second Mustangs" the SS class would be reduced to less than 10 cars. He was PS guy.

What car did he have? Im sure he will be real happy if a couple of those "13"second Stangs switched to P/S and wooped his butt!:lol:

I felt the S/S class was treated like a Bastard child last night as well. Im betting with the new payouts system, (Winner, RU and Semis are the ONLY ones to get money!!) the S/S numbers should grow. Can you imagine whats gonna happen when ____ S/S cars show up and winner gets $600!! All for $20!!

:popcorn:

aperacer
12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
i would agree. s/s felt like it got the shaft. this is all about knowing your car driving your car and being consistant with you car..right?... the only way you lose is beat your self right?...i dont see my self traveling that much...my .02 worth

12seclx
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I like the Pro-Tree stuff... The Pro Stick cars are the
guys that really bring the crowd.... and the guy that made
the comment about the 13 second mustangs meant well, (*I think*),
just wasn't very heartfelt... :lol:

I just wish there was something to do to the Street Stick class that
wouldn't effect the car count but at the same time make it exciting to the
crowd... I thought it was neat this year @ Columbus when they put up a $50 bounty for whoever took out the previous year points champion....

Overall, the meeting was a good time... Especially with Craig going through the 4 gears in the G-Force and strapping the Monza to the dyno ! :lol:

I think it will be a great year! :bigthumb

ponymom05
12-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Especially with Craig going through the 4 gears in the G-Force and strapping the Monza to the dyno ! :lol:

??? :confused:

Maximus
12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
??? :confused:

Ya had to be in the room:D:bigthumb

Maximus
12-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I just wish there was something to do to the Street Stick class that
wouldn't effect the car count but at the same time make it exciting to the
crowd... I thought it was neat this year @ Columbus when they put up a $50 bounty for whoever took out the previous year points champion....

The Pro Tree "should" get rid of those Fn Red lights. So now everyone will watch the whole race.

69Cobra
12-02-2007, 11:40 PM
i would agree. s/s felt like it got the shaft.

Guys, I'm sorry you got that impression but as it has been said before s/s is fine. With that being said we know that there can be improvement to the Pro Stick class. That is the reason we focused on that class. Hope that make sense. Just so you know we are not and will not leave s/s out. As a matter of fact we are in the process of talking with a company that should be interested in sponsoring s/s. Please just bare with us as we are just trying to make this hole thing better. Don't get me wrong we are going to make mistakes I just hope we learn from them.

Kris

JASON408
12-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I hate to hear you guys talk about traviling it takes alot of the little guys out of it and you guys seem to have a lot of local support ! Its cool to drive your driver down the street and race it but a few hours away is a differant store . i had a few friend run it last year and the street stuff always had a bigger car count at edgewater .I know to grow you have to travel but you guys were doing pretty good last year . Some times you guys had almost as many as dick had in brackets that was your show .

Maximus
12-03-2007, 12:52 AM
As a matter of fact we are in the process of talking with a company that should be interested in sponsoring s/s.

Funny, I dont remember any conversation regarding that Cincy Speed will no longer be the title sponsor for Street Stick. OR that they missed an oppurtunity to remain the title sponsor.:confused:

But I guess if you get someone bigger and they will throw more money its way, rock on.

dstehlin
12-03-2007, 02:47 AM
I'am not sure where anyone got the impression that s/s is getting the shaft ??? When Kris Tina and myself took this over our goal was to make everyone happier by getting sponsorship money and usefull products for BOTH classes. Next goal was in time having enough cars in s/s to make a true street class (tags,ins.,mufflers tires ect.). As far as traveling is concerned, there are only so many cars in a given area that do what we do. By traveling outside our little area, we not only pick up new racers we get to run at a different track. The reason this is so important is when I go to sponsors ,they want to know how big of an area their advertising dollar is going to reach. Do you think it would be better if I tell them 1 track and about 150 sq. miles or tell them between two chapters we cover 5 states and about 120.000 sq miles. When it comes to tracks paying us to show up and put on a show, this is only going to happen after we have proven we are willing to travel and put on a show ,so to cop an attitude and say I am not going to travel is only going to hurt us as a group. And to say the new management is only doing things for the FASTER CARS could not be any farther from the truth or our goals . As far as cincy speed being the title sponsor for s/s that was an agreement with karl . I would be more than happy to sit down with you and work out a new agreement!!!! Thanks to everyone who came to the meeting, we got some good feedback on the ballot and at the meeting. The PRO-TREE is somthing we would like to try before we make the decision to go to it full time, and that would only be if almost everyone wants to. Thanks again , Dave Stehlin Director of U.M.T.R. South LLC

ponymom05
12-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Invaded again!!

Hey Craig maybe Cincy Speed can sponsor a Mustang/Stangbangerz/FOMF class at E20 for those that need/want to stay in our own backyard?

JonS
12-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I didn't attend the meeting because of prior commitments, so I don't really know what was said. I do know that long distances are going to prevent us from racing. What tracks are being considered?

69Cobra
12-03-2007, 08:45 AM
The only new track being considered is Mt. Parkway aka Clay City. Which is about 2 hrs from Cincy. We are trying to get back in with Kil Kare,C-bus, E2O, Muncie, and Indy.

Craig you have a PM.

quik lx
12-03-2007, 09:30 AM
The Pro Stick cars are the
guys that really bring the crowd....

I dont see how they bring the crowd? I raced all year and there was more than a few races where the P/S class had less than 10 cars.:dunno:

Brandon Alsept
12-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Ya know I have not raced at any events this past year. But I do feel that making people travel 2+ hours to some tracks is really dumb. The great part about this class for people was the drive 1/2 hour hang out with friends and have a good time racing. Now they will have to drive 2+ hours set up run a few times then drive back 2+ hours home. So now they are up to 4+ hours of driving compared to the hour most of them had before. Then with fuel cost going up every day there travel cost has now went up 400%, and to change the payout structure another bad move. That was the cool part about the class as well the more cars the more the winner gets. Not there fault more show up for SS and poor little PS got what 5-8 cars at most events and were not the big payout. I had thought about coming out for some of these races this coming year but will probably stick with NMRA and Edgewater for TNT. Oh well I guess I should not complain to much you guys just saved me alot of money on my gas bills for next year:rolleyes:

quik lx
12-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Next goal was in time having enough cars in s/s to make a true street class (tags,ins.,mufflers tires ect.).

How many cars do you need? We always had 30 or so. Also maybe we should ask the racers what they want in a S/S class, for instance I dont know anyone of us who want to go to a true street style event including switching to street tires!!!!:barf:

MADMOD
12-03-2007, 09:50 AM
I'am not sure where anyone got the impression that s/s is getting the shaft ??? When Kris Tina and myself took this over our goal was to make everyone happier by getting sponsorship money and usefull products for BOTH classes. Next goal was in time having enough cars in s/s to make a true street class (tags,ins.,mufflers tires ect.). As far as traveling is concerned, there are only so many cars in a given area that do what we do. By traveling outside our little area, we not only pick up new racers we get to run at a different track. The reason this is so important is when I go to sponsors ,they want to know how big of an area their advertising dollar is going to reach. Do you think it would be better if I tell them 1 track and about 150 sq. miles or tell them between two chapters we cover 5 states and about 120.000 sq miles. When it comes to tracks paying us to show up and put on a show, this is only going to happen after we have proven we are willing to travel and put on a show ,so to cop an attitude and say I am not going to travel is only going to hurt us as a group. And to say the new management is only doing things for the FASTER CARS could not be any farther from the truth or our goals . As far as cincy speed being the title sponsor for s/s that was an agreement with karl . I would be more than happy to sit down with you and work out a new agreement!!!! Thanks to everyone who came to the meeting, we got some good feedback on the ballot and at the meeting. The PRO-TREE is somthing we would like to try before we make the decision to go to it full time, and that would only be if almost everyone wants to. Thanks again , Dave Stehlin Director of U.M.T.R. South LLC

I understand that if you want this thing to grow then you are going to have to travel and bring in new people. Like Brandon said....You start making races all over the map then you are going to lose Members and racers. Now I know that sponsers are going to look at memberships and the number of racers at each race.
I see nothing wrong with the way it was last year. Plenty of races at Edgewater and plenty at other tracks. You still get the exposer and you still have decent car counts. You guys start taking the fun factor out of this you are going to lose alot of home town racers. That I can tell lyou for sure:(
It seems to me it is more about the money than the racing and the fun.

mach_u
12-03-2007, 09:54 AM
I planned on running this next year now that I am not working weekends but I sure as hell am not traveling 2 hours to race for a UMTR event. Just my 2cents. Maybe I'll just stick to TnT. :(

12seclx
12-03-2007, 10:14 AM
I dont see how they bring the crowd? I raced all year and there was more than a few races where the P/S class had less than 10 cars.:dunno:

I got the impression that the crowd enjoyed watching the P/S class more since most of them were pullin' the wheels... but I personally love the S/S class because it's more of a low buck, entry level, street car class... and it was neat seeing 35+ in the lanes at some events... I do remember being at Columbus and watching the people flock to the stands to watch the P/S cars and when they were done.. it was like, Okay.. here comes Street Stick... (yawn)..... :doh:

JonS
12-03-2007, 10:23 AM
I've never raced in UMTR because I didn't have a stick shift car in the past. Now we have two and I planned on running all of the local UMTR races and possibly a few away races in the coming year. The appealing thing about UMTR is the chance to hang out and race locally. I think that UMTR would be best to capitalize on it's strengths, which are convenience for the local racers and a relatively low entry fee. I know that any racing I do whether UMTR or other is not about the money, sure it would be nice to win a bit of cash but be it $250 or $1000, that isn't why I'm there.

KenB
12-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I planned on bringing my car out next year but only because it would be local and easy. Kinda like a test n tune but more fun and a chance to win money. I'd rather win $100 on a $20 entry fee and have it local then travel for 'big' sponsor money. Seems to me the UMTR is trying to be just another regional series. We have enough of those, keep it local!

For the local only guys, maybe we can get edgewater or tristate to let us start something small for those that don't want to travel. Keep it simple, like UMTR when it started.

Not trying to put down UMTR at all, but it looks like it's going in a different direction than when it started. Am I off base here?

Maybe me and Craig can get together and call it the Cincy Speed vs. Modular Depot SMACKDOWN!!!!! (all in good fun of course)

Ken

MADMOD
12-03-2007, 10:30 AM
I planned on bringing my car out next year but only because it would be local and easy. Kinda like a test n tune but more fun and a chance to win money. I'd rather win $100 on a $20 entry fee and have it local then travel for 'big' sponsor money. Seems to me the UMTR is trying to be just another regional series. We have enough of those, keep it local!

For the local only guys, maybe we can get edgewater or tristate to let us start something small for those that don't want to travel. Keep it simple, like UMTR when it started.

Not trying to put down UMTR at all, but it looks like it's going in a different direction than when it started. Am I off base here?

Maybe me and Craig can get together and call it the Cincy Speed vs. Modular Depot SMACKDOWN!!!!! (all in good fun of course)

Ken

Damn that sounds like fun! Mod Motor vs Pushrod?

Black Horse
12-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Here is something to think about if the UMTR is going to "travel" to several tracks:

1) Make it so that someone can "drop" one or two races during the year (for points total). This gives those that don't want to go to other tracks an ability to sit out a race or two and those that travel with the rest of the circus a bonus in being able to select what low scoring weekends they want to drop.

Speaking from a road racing perspective, I enjoy going to different tracks - BUT - drag racing is different, the track are all (basically) the same. While trying to draw in big name (and big money) sponsors by opening up your area of advertising is a nobel task, please don't sell it short (having a low car count) at many events when you can have many cars at one or two area type events.

It seemed some of the travelling this year (Indy, Muncie) ended up being a bust. UMTR needs to assure the track management is on-board with the event and does not look at it like a side show. Maybe the track promoters need to visit the event at Edgewater to see how it can be done.

Another idea is to:

2) Have several events through the year at several diferent locations. Maybe a North, South, Central, East, West Zone type set-up. Would make for an even greater "National" event at year end. You can see what events are bringing in the cars and what are not. Schedule enough so that everyone can participate in their area and then travel if they want to. Lets say their are 6 point events through the year. You can get your points at all of the area events, or you can go to other events and only keep the top 6 points you earn. May make it more advantageous for folks to travel plus there can be an event at nearly every weekend.

Some of my random thoughts. Hope this helps the cause. Myself, I enjoy the S/S guys just as much at the P/S guys, especially when they get some air or are duelling right down to the .001 sec.

Maximus
12-03-2007, 01:04 PM
It seems like the SS guys are voicing their opinions. Which is good. Im sure Kris and Dave would rather read what the SS guys are thinking (so they can make an educated decision about what to do with the UMTR) then have NO SS cars show up at the first race because they werent listened to.

I beleive if Kris and Dave keeps everyone informed on whats happening, everyone can then make plans for racing the upcoming season. SS is a Strong part of the UMTR and I dont think they would deliberately hurt that class. Its about the car count, we had 75+ UMTR cars at the last race. Sure 80% of them were SS, but when trying to swoon sponsors, UMTR can say 75+ cars. That will get sponsors, which will get more $ which should get more cars....More cars = more winnings and more racing.

Everyone should continue to express their opinions. UMTR needs us, and we ALL like to race UMTR. So we are in it together.:bigthumb

Craig, Cincy Speed

quik lx
12-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Damn that sounds like fun! Mod Motor vs Pushrod?

But then where would a supercharged 32Valve fox body driven by a Cincy Speed employee fit in:D

Maximus
12-03-2007, 01:07 PM
But then where would a supercharged 32Valve fox body driven by a Cincy Speed employee fit in:D

How about two of them. :cool1:

Evil_Capri
12-03-2007, 02:16 PM

You would have lane choice!! :lol:

jlt2006
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
The way I figure it, I will be at fewer races next year. Racing locally at E2o was why I got into it. But looks like we will have three less E2o races this year.

Metcalf Racing
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
So I was lost and had to back up and read it all....At first I was against the traveling thing but then I read the only new track was going to be clay city. I can't remember who said it but some jackass said he'd just stick with the NMRA. Clay city is 6 hours closer than Bowling Green. I don't see the problem. How many points would be lost if someone could make the clay city trip??? I'd think Muncie and Indy would be the problem. Just stay home crybabies I'm just going to win both classes anyway!!!

12seclx
12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
So I was lost and had to back up and read it all....At first I was against the traveling thing but then I read the only new track was going to be clay city. I can't remember who said it but some jackass said he'd just stick with the NMRA. Clay city is 6 hours closer than Bowling Green. I don't see the problem. How many points would be lost if someone could make the clay city trip??? I'd think Muncie and Indy would be the problem. Just stay home crybabies I'm just going to win both classes anyway!!!

I'm really not opposed to the traveling either...
I can hit about all the tracks in 2 hrs... Clay City
sounds cool.. never been there... It's not like we're
going to Joliet, IL or Reading, PA. (The Thompson race
does have me a little worried tho, :( )

Of course, the first time I break something at the track,
then I'll be on the band wagon against traveling..... :lol:

Maximus
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm just going to win both classes anyway!!!

BWHAHAHAHAA!!! We have been hearing that for how many years??

Ill be glad to give you the head start and run you down, but you have to show up to one of the races first.:bigthumb

Metcalf Racing
12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Oh I'm in forsure.. What makes you think you'll need to give me a head start?? Second, What makes you think you can run me down???? Lmao

Brandon Alsept
12-03-2007, 03:19 PM

Ok since you drive a average of 27mph since it takes you 8 hours to drive 213 miles to BG. It would be almost a 4.5 hour drive for you to clay city since it is 118 miles. :drunk:

My point was more aimed at the fact UMTR was doing great the way they were doing it. Why try and change it up that drastically? There is no reason for it other than they can say the sponsors will get there name shown off at more places. Yeah I will keep going to NMRA and racing in P/S that is the racing I want to do. UMTR offered a close option for alot of people to go race and have fun and be at home in bed that same night. Them moving the racing away will hurt it for awhile anyways.

Metcalf Racing
12-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Ok since you drive a average of 27mph since it takes you 8 hours to drive 213 miles to BG. It would be almost a 4.5 hour drive for you to clay city since it is 118 miles. :drunk:

My point was more aimed at the fact UMTR was doing great the way they were doing it. Why try and change it up that drastically? There is no reason for it other than they can say the sponsors will get there name shown off at more places. Yeah I will keep going to NMRA and racing in P/S that is the racing I want to do. UMTR offered a close option for alot of people to go race and have fun and be at home in bed that same night. Them moving the racing away will hurt it for awhile anyways.
Why would it hurt it?Its just an opportunity for those in KY to race at a local track just like you. But I can see why you think 213 is closer than one 118. Was you born in KY?? Post up the map quest.lol

Maximus
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Oh I'm in forsure.. What makes you think you'll need to give me a head start?? Second, What makes you think you can run me down???? Lmao

Ok guy. I forgot you have your broke LS1 at BES getting "fixed";)

Ill still give 2 and the wiggle.:D

Brandon Alsept
12-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Why would it hurt it?Its just an opportunity for those in KY to race at a local track just like you. But I can see why you think 213 is closer than one 118. Was you born in KY?? Post up the map quest.lol

I never said it was closer just letting you know you were in for a 4.5 hour drive since it takes you 8 to get to BG.

I like Clay City been there many times, and will probally go there to test some.

Yeah I was born in KY about another hour southeast of clay city. Was there for 18 years.

It will not hurt a bit so they have a place to race, and it may catch on faster than I think. Just think it would be better for them to have regions, and target it towards people within a hour of those couple tracks. Something like that.

Metcalf Racing
12-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Actually they called me a few mins ago and said I can get it tomorrow!! So I'll take two and the roll from behind and I don't even know what you have to race..LOL

Maximus
12-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Actually they called me a few mins ago and said I can get it tomorrow!! So I'll take two and the move and I don't even know what you have to race..LOL

Cool.:bigthumb

Metcalf Racing
12-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I never said it was closer just letting you know you were in for a 4.5 hour drive since it takes you 8 to get to BG.

I like Clay City been there many times, and will probally go there to test some.

Yeah I was born in KY about another hour southeast of clay city. Was there for 18 years.

It will not hurt a bit so they have a place to race, and it may catch on faster than I think. Just think it would be better for them to have regions, and target it towards people within a hour of those couple tracks. Something like that.
I hear ya

Metcalf Racing
12-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Cool.:bigthumb
LOL:bigthumb:popcorn:

kennebellcobra
12-03-2007, 04:19 PM

Ken

I agree I think the UMTR needs to be more local. Most people do it for fun, simple and cheap. If it's going to involve a lot of traveling most people will only go to the local stuff or give up all together. If we could afford to travel and go all out we would be running in the NMRA.

JASON408
12-03-2007, 04:55 PM
I agree I think the UMTR needs to be more local. Most people do it for fun, simple and cheap. If it's going to involve a lot of traveling most people will only go to the local stuff or give up all together. If we could afford to travel and go all out we would be running in the NMRA.

so true !!

331TwistedWedge
12-03-2007, 04:55 PM
i have watched this event grow from 20+ cars to over 50+ cars in the 2 years i've been racing the UMTR ... why not keep it at edgewater and lets watch it grow from 50+ to 100+ in the next few years ... my point is, why change a good thing?

if its about money, then charge a few more $$$$ ...

keep the class at E2O ... dont listen to the PS guys and their whopping 7 cars :lol:

MADMOD
12-03-2007, 05:57 PM
i have watched this event grow from 20+ cars to over 50+ cars in the 2 years i've been racing the UMTR ... why not keep it at edgewater and lets watch it grow from 50+ to 100+ in the next few years ... my point is, why change a good thing?

if its about money, then charge a few more $$$$ ...

keep the class at E2O ... dont listen to the PS guys and their whopping 7 cars :lol:

That is another thing that is getting to me alittle bit. I think this whole this is slowly becoming about the money. I never was in it for the money

93cobra
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
reading all these comments from everybody make me wonder how everyone all of a sudden is acting like things are going to be so different???

1. i agree, much more business orriented now which i think is good...its a racing orginization..not friday night test in tune...

2. umtr could easily become an event that is "the show" at any local saturday night bracket racing facility in the country....ozark super shifters based out of i believe MO, IL area put on a show with big turn outs at every event, look at how far ahead UMTR North has been with their car turnouts......there are supposedly 50-100 pro stick cars in a 150 mile radius of cincinnati area alone that haven't really had an incentive without posted purses to come play "cant remember the exact number, but karl has the list not even counting pure street cars built more for heads up etc.." yes S.S. should not be discounted because until these cars do come play, it is 3/4 of the show.

3. i hear the gripes about traveling, traveling, traveling....what is so different than 07? the only 2 tracks that were no part of 07 is clay city & kilkare. indy isn't even definite so were talking about 1 or 2 dates that may require "different traveling than 07" as for now. honestly that was news that had me excited to hear....kilkare was on the schedule in 05 & 06 which hooked awesome, is a whopping hour away & and clay city a couple hours. were not talking about one round in st. louis & the next atlanta.....damn guys change of scenery is not so bad and (if traveling an hour or 2 each way breaks the bank, (a) you probably shouldn't be beating on any car at any strip breaking parts or (b) no big deal, don't go & wait for edgewater. everyone who raced SS for points in 07 didn't complain about traveling to Indy, Columbus, Muncie last year, why care this year if you want the points. if you don't care about points, just have fun at the events close to home. who ever said UMTRs goal was to stay tristate of cincinnati? why would that hurt anyones feelings if it isn't? ....it never has been?

4. everything is still in the planning stage (i agree the S.S. class does need some more structure vs. open free for all class which it kind of sounds like for now)(its obvious people enjoyed it so far the way things were, a few rules to keep a 8 second race car from entering whould make better)...again nothing is final

5.BTW...Pro Tree will be awesome!

I say everyone needs to give their comments, cooperate, & see what is decided before losing sleep, if you don't want to travel, don't go to the event

bcoh5gt
12-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Fugg it!!! That D/S P/S (I made a funny) Dip Shit Power Shift Pro stick POOP Stick whatever guy that made the comment about us slow 13 second mustangs just made the umtr some money because my ass will be there just in spite of all the dumb asses like him! Funny how my slow 13 second mustang can pull the wheels too! Then I drive it home on a stock suspension. What would people really want to see???? A full out drag car launching at 8000rpms pulling the wheels, or a street car that was drivin there pulling the wheels then seen later on at Burger King's drive thru??? This whole thing is off topic but I had to put my .02 in also. EAT SHIT PRO STICK. maybe you guys SHOULD consider buy backs? Then instead of 8 cars it would be like there were 12???:dunno:

93cobra
12-03-2007, 07:36 PM
the 13 second mustang comment is not being discussed the way he said it, not to stand up for the guy because i never seen the dude, everyone is taking that way off topic of what he actually said stating that other stick shift orginaztions out there in the country right now that are filling stands & bringing everyone to the fence stealing "the show" for the evening are the pro stick cars "not the 13 second mustangs in the street class", he then said im a die hard ford guy not to take anything away from the 13 second mustangs, im just not excited about them anymore.

MADMOD
12-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Here is why traveling is my problem, Ok correct me if I am wrong but they are wanting to have about 10 races? Correct. Now IF I remember right they were talking about 2 races at Columbus, 2 Races at Muncie, 2 Kilkare or Clay City (I don't remember) , and 1 at Indy. The remaining 3 will be filled in at E20. Compaired to last seasons 7 races at E20?

Now I don't remember exactly what was said but that is what I THINK was said.:confused:

Blacksunshine
12-03-2007, 08:56 PM
I planned on running this next year now that I am not working weekends but I sure as hell am not traveling 2 hours to race for a UMTR event. Just my 2cents. Maybe I'll just stick to TnT. :(

Candy ass...lol:lol::lol:

mustangboy
12-03-2007, 08:58 PM
What would people really want to see???? A full out drag car launching at 8000rpms pulling the wheels, or a street car that was drivin there pulling the wheels then seen later on at Burger King's drive thru???

Quite honestly people really want to see an all out race car launch at 8k rpms and then drive home and stop at the drive thru. :eek: Johnny's right though that most people would rather watch the pro guys than the street cars. Sorry it is just alot more fun to watch 8 and 9sec stick cars than 13 second ones. Not that I really care what happens as I don't have a stick car but I think Dave had a great idea w/ the regional idea. Each track could have 6 or 7 seven races to decide their regional champs or even team and then send their champ or team to one big final race for all the glory.

Blacksunshine
12-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Quite honestly people really want to see an all out race car launch at 8k rpms and then drive home and stop at the drive thru. :eek: Johnny's right though that most people would rather watch the pro guys than the street cars. Sorry it is just alot more fun to watch 8 and 9sec stick cars than 13 second ones. Not that I really care what happens as I don't have a stick car but I think Dave had a great idea w/ the regional idea. Each track could have 6 or 7 seven races to decide their regional champs or even team and then send their champ or team to one big final race for all the glory.

I agree. Thats how we do it in NBL Bmx ....Regional/Local track Champs.

93cobra
12-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Here is why traveling is my problem, Ok correct me if I am wrong but they are wanting to have about 10 races? Correct. Now IF I remember right they were talking about 2 races at Columbus, 2 Races at Muncie, 2 Kilkare or Clay City (I don't remember) , and 1 at Indy. The remaining 3 will be filled in at E20. Compaired to last seasons 7 races at E20?

Now I don't remember exactly what was said but that is what I THINK was said.:confused:

i didn't take it that there were already 2 events set in stone at all the away tracks leaving only 2 at e20...i remember hearing 2 columbus for sure. im not trying to go against everyones traveling concern. i do understand that each persons work / family / truck & trailer / etc etc.. situation is different & i do respect all of them. im basically saying traveling is involved in most any & every racing points series in any motorsports unless you want to be local track champion in whatever you race. (if drag racing have fun in bracket 1 & 2) everyone is also forgetting to mention that dave & kris are shooting for posted min. payouts in S/S. If $500 for example is up for winner, if one is good, that justifies the expense for him to drive to columbus have fun & try for the $$. the people who don't want to travel need to not worry about it & have fun at test n tune & wait for the e20 event if you want to fool with any.

i think if anyone askes anybody who has ever been involved in racing anything remotely serious (as in chasing points for a series)...these proposed stops on the schedule doesn't even touch the suface to the word traveling. hell i know a few guys that just went down to memphis tn 8 hours to freaking race R/C cars for a trophy

93cobra
12-03-2007, 09:31 PM

just so people don't misunderstand, i was not the guy that made the 13 second mustang quote at the meeting, i was just clarifying what he actually said. even though i plan on running pro stick this year, i do care a lot about the SS class & have had a blast running it in the past

kennebellcobra
12-03-2007, 09:42 PM

That does sound like a great idea!

69Cobra
12-03-2007, 10:08 PM
reading all these comments from everybody make me wonder how everyone all of a sudden is acting like things are going to be so different???

1. i agree, much more business orriented now which i think is good...its a racing orginization..not friday night test in tune...

2. umtr could easily become an event that is "the show" at any local saturday night bracket racing facility in the country....ozark super shifters based out of i believe MO, IL area put on a show with big turn outs at every event, look at how far ahead UMTR North has been with their car turnouts......there are supposedly 50-100 pro stick cars in a 150 mile radius of cincinnati area alone that haven't really had an incentive without posted purses to come play "cant remember the exact number, but karl has the list not even counting pure street cars built more for heads up etc.." yes S.S. should not be discounted because until these cars do come play, it is 3/4 of the show.

3. i hear the gripes about traveling, traveling, traveling....what is so different than 07? the only 2 tracks that were no part of 07 is clay city & kilkare. indy isn't even definite so were talking about 1 or 2 dates that may require "different traveling than 07" as for now. honestly that was news that had me excited to hear....kilkare was on the schedule in 05 & 06 which hooked awesome, is a whopping hour away & and clay city a couple hours. were not talking about one round in st. louis & the next atlanta.....damn guys change of scenery is not so bad and (if traveling an hour or 2 each way breaks the bank, (a) you probably shouldn't be beating on any car at any strip breaking parts or (b) no big deal, don't go & wait for edgewater. everyone who raced SS for points in 07 didn't complain about traveling to Indy, Columbus, Muncie last year, why care this year if you want the points. if you don't care about points, just have fun at the events close to home. who ever said UMTRs goal was to stay tristate of cincinnati? why would that hurt anyones feelings if it isn't? ....it never has been?

4. everything is still in the planning stage (i agree the S.S. class does need some more structure vs. open free for all class which it kind of sounds like for now)(its obvious people enjoyed it so far the way things were, a few rules to keep a 8 second race car from entering whould make better)...again nothing is final

5.BTW...Pro Tree will be awesome!

I say everyone needs to give their comments, cooperate, & see what is decided before losing sleep, if you don't want to travel, don't go to the event

I couldn't have said it any better Johnny. You guys are sure quick to crucify its a good thing I don't have feeling.:D Like Johnny said the only new track that I'm even talking to is Clay City. All the other tracks we've raced at in the past and personally I like going to different tracks like Cbus, Kil Kare, and such. I'm getting the impression that on one had you guys are upset that ss is not the main focus but on the other hand your fine with racing 10 races at E2O for just the gate:confused:

Bottom line is everyones input will be considered but Dave and I are going to stay focused on trying to get sponsors so the ones that do give a shit have something to race for.

Brandon,
I'm not sure if you ran with us at all or enough to understand why we will only pay out winner runner up and semi's. The problem was in the past (from what I heard from other ss guys) is that Karl would take money from the ss winner and pay back farther positions to keep the ss winner from winning more than the p/s winner. To me that's not right. If you win you win and you should be rewarded for doing so. Sorry there I go again looking out for ss:eek:

69Cobra
12-03-2007, 10:13 PM
By the way I would like to thanks Dave and Paul Manning who travel every race from Louisville to come and race with us. Guys like these are the reason we are going to the PRI show to try and get them something to run for.

Evil_Capri
12-03-2007, 10:27 PM
So, as I understand things, for guys (and gals) who race 1-3 times a season the only different item is that we must pay the $35.00 member fee and then the regular $20.00 for each event? Sounds fine to me. I never have/intended to run for points, my schedule doesn't permit running every event.

And does the rule still stand that 12.99 and under can run P/S? I don't run <12.99 consistently enough, but seems to me that if I were to run say 12.5x's consistently P/S would be open and one would have as good a shot as those running 8.xx-9.xxs.

Rustanggt98
12-03-2007, 11:15 PM
I have run a few UMTR races in S/S (and won one actually ;)) and had a blast doing it and the payout was awesome for as small of an event that it was back at the end of 05 i think it was. (35 s/s cars when i won yielding almost $700 bucks when it was all said and done). It was a small deal and I knew 90% of the people running, which made it a blast.

The problem is that no matter what you do, it IS bracket racing, and while it is awesome to see 9 sec stick cars make passes, they are still lifting at the top end and there is rarely ever parity to make it a side by side race all the way down the track, which is what people really want to see no matter if its heads up OR bracket racing, thus you will NEVER have the appeal of being the "show" that say a 10.5W race down south is going to have, so I think it may be in the best interest of UMTR to be humble about what its roots are and stick to them for a bit, as Ken stated i believe, there are plenty of large scale drag racing series to find one that fits your car and budget if you want to travel and be all about the money.

It may be a good idea to look at what Milan has done in the past with there local racing, and the RAM series on the east coast, which seems to be growing leaps and bounds.

It is just my .02 cents , but I'll be running NMRA next year no matter what, and would look forward to being able to do my testing at E20 and have it also be a night of hanging out with friends while shooting for some money.

I didn't go to the meeting and wasn't really planning on running UMTR this season anyways, just trying to give a blunt unbiased opinion to keep this area into the scene, and let people have fun doing what they love close to home :bigthumb

331TwistedWedge
12-04-2007, 01:02 AM
im just there for the fun ... even though i only run about 5 events a year, i still pay the 35.00 ~ because i like the event and i want to support it ... i didnt travel anywhere, only ran 5 of the local E20 races ... so the more races that are taken away, the less i will be racing :( again, not a big deal ~ im just here for the fun and to shoot the shit with other bangerz ...

Mista Bone
12-04-2007, 01:46 AM
OK........seems the local people are SPOILED by having most of the UMTR south in their own backyard. WHat about the others that traveled to Edgewater from other tracks?

Seems only fair everyone should have same fair about of travel.

On same note, like Black Horse said, you should be able to miss or drop a few races like it is done in SCCA Auotx/Road Racing. For example, take a drivers best 6 finishes.

Myself, I'd hope to get enough people involved to create a AWD/FWD class. Honestly, the crowd hates it when a V8 has to chase down a slower FWD Neon, no goo show. Props to the Neon driver, he can bracket race, I can too with my Honda.

Myself, I'd likely not travel. Right now I can't get to Edgewater until 4pm on a Saturday. I might get one, maybe two time passes in if lucky. Still though, spectator admission is $15 on Saturday night, for extra $5 I'd get atleast two good passes on a prepped track. I'm there just for the fun on a Saturday night.

.400 tree, takes some getting used too when staging......my first was .64x second was .46x against Timido at Tristate. Gotta be ready when bumping into the stage bulb, you learn.

Idea.......maybe limit payouts somehow for those not a member of UMTR, but be given a chance to join before eliminations. From what I've seen here, make it two rounds, you had a good chance of making your $20 entry back and even the $35 cost to join.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE LAST THING!!!!!!!!!!!

Never forget to have fun!!!!!!!! Esp. S/S racers.

I would have been at the meeting Saturday Night, but had a different race to attend due to sponsership. Been 16 years since I left that style racing.....someone willing to help me get back into it.

Electrons FTW!

Brandon Alsept
12-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Brandon,
I'm not sure if you ran with us at all or enough to understand why we will only pay out winner runner up and semi's. The problem was in the past (from what I heard from other ss guys) is that Karl would take money from the ss winner and pay back farther positions to keep the ss winner from winning more than the p/s winner. To me that's not right. If you win you win and you should be rewarded for doing so. Sorry there I go again looking out for ss:eek:

Well like I said I ran a couple races from 05' till now. I was at most of them though to watch. I think it should stay with the same payout structure it was with the money going back to the winner. If 100 cars show up the winner is gonna get a big chunk of change. That idea of your series was awesome to me, organizers actually giving back to the racers. You don't see that to often anymore and that is what I believe will hurt you some, plus the traveling for what it is. Just my opinions ;)

69Cobra
12-04-2007, 09:08 AM
I think it should stay with the same payout structure it was with the money going back to the winner. If 100 cars show up the winner is gonna get a big chunk of change.

Brandon,
That's not the way it was. From what Craig told me himself is Karl would take money from the winner and pay back more spots in order to keep the ss winner, winning less money than the ps winner.

Brandon Alsept
12-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Brandon,
That's not the way it was. From what Craig told me himself is Karl would take money from the winner and pay back more spots in order to keep the ss winner, winning less money than the ps winner.

Yeah I had heard that and thought that was crap to. That is why if you stuck to that original plan and don't let all the P/S guys bully you around you would have MASSIVE S/S classes;) If the P/S guys don't like it maybe they will start trying to get more people down to race so there purse gets bigger;)

MADMOD
12-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I understand that there is only one new track, but you guys are going to be running more events at different tracks and less at E20. I guess what I trying to say is you are going to loose more cars than you agre going to gain. Not just people who want to run but members also.
In my opinion, I think half of the people run UMTR becasue it is cheap, Close, and fun. The pay out if you won was just an added spiff. If I (I being key here) wanted to travel weather it be 12 hours or 2. I would just go and run NMRA and run with the big dogs. Bigger pay outs and a chance to run against some of the best in drag racing. But, in all reality I can't afford that.

Now I am done bitching.

69Cobra
12-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Ryan,
Were you the one at the meeting that had on a D&E shirt?

MADMOD
12-04-2007, 10:52 AM
No that wasn't me

Steves LX
12-04-2007, 12:00 PM
I have to agree with Joe's comment on there being more SS cars than PS cars. I only attended 4 events this year and at each one there was double the amount of SS cars than PS cars. I personally think its more entertaining to see some of the SS cars that look like just another mustang off the street and then the light turns green and the wheels come off the ground. Thats impressive to me whether they make a 10 sec pass or a 13 sec pass. You expect that to happen when its the PS cars not the SS cars. I wont be traveling much. I already drive almost 2 hrs to get to edgewater. And its risky doing that. If something breaks I'm screwed. But this is my first year in this and I don't feel I have that much say on this. Thats for all you veterans out there to take care of.

Maximus
12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
If something breaks I'm screwed. But this is my first year in this and I don't feel I have that much say on this. Thats for all you veterans out there to take care of.

Everyones opinion counts.:bigthumb
Im sure if you broke, we could get ya home. ALOT of the SS cars that trailer, are street worthy and can drive home if needed. It might cost ya some gas money, but you would get home.:)

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Well I went once and raced NMRA it costed me $700. Its an all weekend thing.Opposed to a one night standard shift shoot out that cost what $35? I'm not sure where the issue is?? Clay city is still 2-3 hours closer than bowling green.Kilkare isn't to far for anyone and from what I gather not to many of you traveled to all the races anyway. I think everyone should quit crying and either race or not, it's not that big of a deal

Brandon Alsept
12-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Well I went once and raced NMRA it costed me $700. Its an all weekend thing.Opposed to a one night standard shift shoot out that cost what $35? I'm not sure where the issue is?? Clay city is still 2-3 hours closer than bowling green.Kilkare isn't to far for anyone and from what I gather not to many of you traveled to all the races anyway. I think everyone should quit crying and either race or not, it's not that big of a deal

I went to every race except New Jersey thank you.

xgtracex
12-04-2007, 04:51 PM
"Why is it that the forums that you go on to express your opinions are
invaded by those you are bitching about? Many were voicing thoughts and opinions
about the changes to UMTR this year and how we thought the meeting went.
Stangbangerz has now been invaded by Dave Stehlin, director of UMTR and now he
is reading all thoughts and opinions posted and replied in a "fatherly" fashion
that made us all look small. I don't want to hear from him on that thread. I
want to talk about him! I don't know about you all, but that takes all the wind
out of my sails and makes me not want to post on that thread. Damn it!"

You are ridiculous. Its the internet. Its for every one. Nothing has been invaded. All you do it bitch and complain but do nothing to better the situation.

THE END!!!!!!!!!!

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2007, 04:59 PM
I went to every race except New Jersey thank you.You must be a rich man

Brandon Alsept
12-04-2007, 05:29 PM
You must be a rich man

Not at all, just smart with my money;)

Metcalf Racing
12-04-2007, 05:43 PM
It pays to be smart with your money

ponymom05
12-04-2007, 09:47 PM
"Why is it that the forums that you go on to express your opinions are
invaded by those you are bitching about? Many were voicing thoughts and opinions
about the changes to UMTR this year and how we thought the meeting went.
Stangbangerz has now been invaded by Dave Stehlin, director of UMTR and now he
is reading all thoughts and opinions posted and replied in a "fatherly" fashion
that made us all look small. I don't want to hear from him on that thread. I
want to talk about him! I don't know about you all, but that takes all the wind
out of my sails and makes me not want to post on that thread. Damn it!"

You are ridiculous. Its the internet. Its for every one. Nothing has been invaded. All you do it bitch and complain but do nothing to better the situation.

THE END!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, that portion of a post was on FOMF for a reason. You see, over there, you can tell someone to FOMF! But you can't do that here , it's not nice. It also was in a Rant thread, again where you can say things like FOMF, not here in a UMTR thread, where you can't. However, if you had replied over there, I would have told you to FOMF!!!!! But since you didn't and I can't on here, I will politely and respectfully tell you to simply Fudge Off Meddling Fart.

Merry Christmas to All

KenB
12-05-2007, 09:51 AM
im basically saying traveling is involved in most any & every racing points series in any motorsports unless you want to be local track champion in whatever you race.
EXACTLY! That's why everyone loved UMTR at the beginning. Then Craig rallied everyone and it blew up. Because it WASN'T like every other series out there.

(if drag racing have fun in bracket 1 & 2) everyone is also forgetting to mention that dave & kris are shooting for posted min. payouts in S/S. If $500 for example is up for winner, if one is good, that justifies the expense for him to drive to columbus have fun & try for the $$.

It's not about the money for most of the current S/S class. It's about racing for fun with their fellow, local car people.

the people who don't want to travel need to not worry about it & have fun at test n tune & wait for the e20 event if you want to fool with any.

Test n tune is not racing. People want to race or there wouldn't be 40 plus cars.

i think if anyone askes anybody who has ever been involved in racing anything remotely serious (as in chasing points for a series)...these proposed stops on the schedule doesn't even touch the suface to the word traveling. hell i know a few guys that just went down to memphis tn 8 hours to freaking race R/C cars for a trophy

Great, and those races in Memphis will always be there if people want to go to them. For me, I'd rather have 8-10 races at a local track and not have to commit to any racing. I'm also interested for my customers. I tell all my customers about UMTR and how cool it is. So now instead of them being able to pick 1 or 2 races out of 6 or 7 at E20 they will have to do more planning if they want to hit 2 because there will only be 2 or 3 to pick from. The guys I'm sending definitely will not travel. They probably have never raced before to begin with. This is there stepping stone from Test n Tune. Gives them an opportunity to experience that racing atmosphere at their local track that they feel comfortable at.

OK........seems the local people are SPOILED by having most of the UMTR south in their own backyard. WHat about the others that traveled to Edgewater from other tracks?

Well, last time I checked there were 40 plus cars showing for UMTR at the edgewater races at least. I'd say the majority of them were from this area. So I say leave it up to the minority to travel. If they have 40 cars maybe UMTR needs a series at every track. We really don't need to be running off 80-100 cars in one day. And if we do, who cares about payouts with that many because at that point the racing is going to attract a more professional racer for the money. That leaves the people that built the series in the dark. I'm not saying that the average UMTR people are good racers or professionals, but people that race brackets all the time and search out guaranteed payouts are very good racers.

I'll give my honest opinion, which I'm sure some don't want to hear. It's also from the outside looking in because I've only raced 1 UMTR ever. I also have some questions for the powers that be at UMTR.

What is the mission statement for UMTR? Is it trying to be a business that makes money? (Nothing wrong with that, just an honest question)

Why the focus on guaranteed payouts? It seems to be the focus but last time I checked having 40+ cars show up without a guarantee means that people aren't too worried about it.

Just like anything else, and it's human nature, people try and take something that sees some success and often times ruin it by trying to make it something it is not. UMTR, when more local, was something I thought was awesome. Similar to local bracket racing but for stick shifts only racing against people with similar cars and people you know. Racing regular brackets has NO appeal to me because they are all 'bracket cars'. Racing bracket style against other stick cars that are mostly late model cars is awesome. Knowing the people is the bonus. We all like to smack talk.

For me, I already travel to every NMRA race and may go to some NMCA races if I can get my car to fit. So anymore traveling than I'm already doing probably won't happen unless it's strictly for promoting the business. Like Brandon and Biff have said, we all need to test our NMRA cars. So we will be at the local tracks doing it. Would be nice if most weekends there was a UMTR race there so we can have some fun at the same time. Between Brandon, Biff, me and Gifford that's 4 guys like that. And you have quite a few other stick shift NMRA racers that would probably do the same.

Sorry about the long post.

Ken

MADMOD
12-05-2007, 10:48 AM
EXACTLY! That's why everyone loved UMTR at the beginning. Then Craig rallied everyone and it blew up. Because it WASN'T like every other series out there.

It's not about the money for most of the current S/S class. It's about racing for fun with their fellow, local car people.

Test n tune is not racing. People want to race or there wouldn't be 40 plus cars.

Well, last time I checked there were 40 plus cars showing for UMTR at the edgewater races at least. I'd say the majority of them were from this area. So I say leave it up to the minority to travel. If they have 40 cars maybe UMTR needs a series at every track. We really don't need to be running off 80-100 cars in one day. And if we do, who cares about payouts with that many because at that point the racing is going to attract a more professional racer for the money. That leaves the people that built the series in the dark. I'm not saying that the average UMTR people are good racers or professionals, but people that race brackets all the time and search out guaranteed payouts are very good racers.

I'll give my honest opinion, which I'm sure some don't want to hear. It's also from the outside looking in because I've only raced 1 UMTR ever. I also have some questions for the powers that be at UMTR.

What is the mission statement for UMTR? Is it trying to be a business that makes money? (Nothing wrong with that, just an honest question)

Why the focus on guaranteed payouts? It seems to be the focus but last time I checked having 40+ cars show up without a guarantee means that people aren't too worried about it.

Just like anything else, and it's human nature, people try and take something that sees some success and often times ruin it by trying to make it something it is not. UMTR, when more local, was something I thought was awesome. Similar to local bracket racing but for stick shifts only racing against people with similar cars and people you know. Racing regular brackets has NO appeal to me because they are all 'bracket cars'. Racing bracket style against other stick cars that are mostly late model cars is awesome. Knowing the people is the bonus. We all like to smack talk.

Thanks Ken! I am with you 100%:bigthumb

kennebellcobra
12-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks Ken! I am with you 100%:bigthumb

:wstupid:

93cobra
12-05-2007, 01:04 PM
good points ken, that i agree fit most of the guys around here. for the record, i personally im not trying to sound like Im set in stone one way or another with whats going on....only concerned & anxious & want umtr to succeed considering i've (with the help of rob at rigid of course spent a shit ton of $$ on car for this whole deal.

one very good point my father in law john hoebbel who will be racing all umtr pro stick this year pointed out to me last night when i stopped over that may be a big help to finding middle ground is

*If they want 2 cbus, 2 muncie, 2 kilkare, 1 clay city, & say 1 indy which is 8 races only leaving 2 e20 for the 10 I heard them mention wanted to stay around....."WHY NOT HAVE AT LEAST 14 DATES WHICH WOULD ONLY BE 2 PER MONTH FROM APRIL TO OCT. If 8 our out of town and 6 are at E20, this would allow lots of people to hit the e20's and maybe 1,2 or 3 kilkares and other aways which makes easier to particapate in enough to fill their needs. Honestly even 16 (8 away & 8 home is not much more than 2 per month if we could sqeak one in late March) You know Dick at E20 will allow tons of dates down there....Make S/S points (count the best 10 events you ran) & leave pro stick best 12 or 14 etc)... This would allow all the street guys to get their memberships worth in points & majority of the events could be hit at e20

*A lot of guys with huge $$ investments in pro stick cars want more than 10 dates anyway....If a guy has to miss that 1 or 2 events for weddings & family stuff, only leaving 8-9 races for a whole season sucks (who wants to build an expensive pro stick car to race 1 time a month from Mar to Oct)....(2 possibilities a month is much more appealing to many John & I think

ponymom05
12-05-2007, 05:41 PM
good points ken, that i agree fit most of the guys around here. for the record, i personally im not trying to sound like Im set in stone one way or another with whats going on....only concerned & anxious & want umtr to succeed considering i've (with the help of rob at rigid of course spent a shit ton of $$ on car for this whole deal.

one very good point my father in law john hoebbel who will be racing all umtr pro stick this year pointed out to me last night when i stopped over that may be a big help to finding middle ground is

*If they want 2 cbus, 2 muncie, 2 kilkare, 1 clay city, & say 1 indy which is 8 races only leaving 2 e20 for the 10 I heard them mention wanted to stay around....."WHY NOT HAVE AT LEAST 14 DATES WHICH WOULD ONLY BE 2 PER MONTH FROM APRIL TO OCT. If 8 our out of town and 6 are at E20, this would allow lots of people to hit the e20's and maybe 1,2 or 3 kilkares and other aways which makes easier to particapate in enough to fill their needs. Honestly even 16 (8 away & 8 home is not much more than 2 per month if we could sqeak one in late March) You know Dick at E20 will allow tons of dates down there....Make S/S points (count the best 10 events you ran) & leave pro stick best 12 or 14 etc)... This would allow all the street guys to get their memberships worth in points & majority of the events could be hit at e20

*A lot of guys with huge $$ investments in pro stick cars want more than 10 dates anyway....If a guy has to miss that 1 or 2 events for weddings & family stuff, only leaving 8-9 races for a whole season sucks (who wants to build an expensive pro stick car to race 1 time a month from Mar to Oct)....(2 possibilities a month is much more appealing to many John & I think

I like your Dad-in-law's thinking!

03silversnake
12-06-2007, 12:48 AM

#1 it doesnt take 8 hours to get to bg # brandon alsept is not a jackass. he is a devoted hardcore racer. # 3 if the umtr. shows up at e2o your not going to win shit because im going to fucking be there.

12seclx
12-06-2007, 08:28 AM
# 3 if the umtr. shows up at e2o your not going to win shit because im going to fucking be there.

:nono: ........... :popcorn:

8banger
12-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I joined this year and had a blast racing S/S..The only reasons I joined was ,local,and the low entry fee(not ot mention I dont have a truck and trailer anymore)I also dont have the funds for a wrecker bill 2 to 3 hours from home..if something was to happen.This travel might be o.k for a realiable 15 second neon (S/S),but not for mine...Sorry ..If I want or want to race for big money,I'll switch to an auto and go back to bracket 1 where the payout is 1200 a week..at even thornhill... :rolleyes:

P/S can also run bracket races for serious money if thats their concern..of course the autos would for the most part kick their azz..

Leave UMTR as is. IMO

Maximus
12-23-2007, 02:03 PM
How about that schedule?

JK. :D I saw that Kris was reading this thread.:bigthumb

Merry Christmas!!!:)

69Cobra
12-23-2007, 05:39 PM
:(Why does everybody have to pick on the fat kid:(

MADMOD
12-24-2007, 08:13 AM
:(Why does everybody have to pick on the fat kid:(