PDA

View Full Version : Alright guys you tell me...

69Cobra
12-03-2007, 11:42 PM
What do you want out of UMTR?

What tracks do you want to race at, just E2O?

How many races do you want to suport, 10, 15, 20?

What do you want to run for, just gate $, if so should I not go to the PRI show to try and get sponsors??

Do you want UMTR to grow, if so how would YOU make that happen?

I'm all ears:D.

331TwistedWedge
12-04-2007, 12:35 AM
i like how it is right now ... but this is one persons opinion ... i think the class will get bigger on its own, doing the things you do now ... like i mentioned before in the last thread, ive watch this grow from 20+ cars, to over 50 last year ... there were several projects that got done at the end of this year and several more that i know will be done over the winter ... so there is another 10+ cars i see added to the field ... now were at 60+ cars per event ... as word gets out, i could easily see 70+ cars next year ... i could be wrong, but i think this will get bigger and bigger, because the event is affordable and anyone can win on any given weekend ... its an event where a $500 mustang could win $500 or more dollars off of a $20 spot ...

i like the events at edgewater, naturally because its close ... maybe an event to columbus or indy would be nice as well ...

not sure on how many races??? ... probably the amount we carried last year is good ...

sponsors and more money, well i think the PS class needs help ~ the SS class can carry its own weight as far as prize money ...

as far as making this event grow, like i said before ~ its growing year by year at a pretty strong pace ...

just trying to share ideas from what i've witnessed ... lets just keep the UMTR alive, i look forward to it every summer ...

Mista Bone
12-04-2007, 01:51 AM
what he said............

except a 22 second VW bug can also clean house, and did years ago before being asked NOT to race at Tristate.

Maybe limit S/S to faster than 16.00

I must admit, everyone is offering up ideas in a nice manner, we all want this around!

quik lx
12-04-2007, 07:51 AM
i like how it is right now ... but this is one persons opinion ... i think the class will get bigger on its own, doing the things you do now ... like i mentioned before in the last thread, ive watch this grow from 20+ cars, to over 50 last year ... there were several projects that got done at the end of this year and several more that i know will be done over the winter ... so there is another 10+ cars i see added to the field ... now were at 60+ cars per event ... as word gets out, i could easily see 70+ cars next year ... i could be wrong, but i think this will get bigger and bigger, because the event is affordable and anyone can win on any given weekend ... its an event where a $500 mustang could win $500 or more dollars off of a $20 spot ...

i like the events at edgewater, naturally because its close ... maybe an event to columbus or indy would be nice as well ...

not sure on how many races??? ... probably the amount we carried last year is good ...

sponsors and more money, well i think the PS class needs help ~ the SS class can carry its own weight as far as prize money ...

as far as making this event grow, like i said before ~ its growing year by year at a pretty strong pace ...

just trying to share ideas from what i've witnessed ... lets just keep the UMTR alive, i look forward to it every summer ...

Ricky said it perfectly! I like the 16 sec cut-off, a slow car is very consistent (damn NEON)

mustangboy
12-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Just a warning. I would not go limiting on how fast you have to go. A 16 second car does not have any better chance than a 9 second car. That is the whole point of bracket and index racing is that it comes down to driver skill and consistency of the car. I've seen many very consistent 9sec cars, just learn your car and how to hit the tree and you won't have to worry about the slow guy.

JonS
12-04-2007, 08:52 AM

I want a local, reasonably priced place to go have fun with friends. I and most of the others that I know don't care much about winning any serious money.

I would like to see the majority of the races at E20. Kilcare would be OK for a few races. I don't really see myself going too many races at Muncie, Cbus, and Indy.

I would say 10-15

What do you want to run for, just gate $, if so should I not go to the PRI show to try and get sponsors??

Gate money is good for me.

I think UMTR will grow if it is kept the way it is. I have two new cars that will be there this year and I know of several others that were built specifically for UMTR . UMTR is a great thing, but it's just catching on, give it a chance and car counts will grow.

mach_u
12-04-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm with Ricky also. I'm going to say, if it ain't broke - don't fix it. :dunno:

cstreu1026
12-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I would love to see Kilkare added as a venue. I have the same feeling as others about traveling since I don't have a truck and trailer. E2O is more than a hour from my house probably closer to an hour a half and thats a long way from home if you break something. Not to mention that kilkare seems to hook pretty well for a lot of people, so you may just get the wheels up action the spectators want.

5.0calypso93lx
12-04-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm with Ricky also. I'm going to say, if it ain't broke - don't fix it. :dunno:

Hypocrit :lol:

I hope to be racing in as many events as I can next year, and the few events I did participate in last year, were some of the best times I had all summer. I really like the way it is. I also really like the 16.00 second cut off though too, there is a HUGE difference in driving even a 13 second car and a 16 second car consistently.

mustangboy
12-04-2007, 10:47 AM
I also really like the 16.00 second cut off though too, there is a HUGE difference in driving even a 13 second car and a 16 second car consistently

No there isn't. The only place is where a SLOW car has the advantage is at the tree because you have to sit and wait for the light to drop for so long. Like I said before not allowing the slow guy to participate is not a good idea. Just think of all the newbie ricers that may pay to race and not have clue as to what they are doing. It will just add to the gate total which could increase the payout. So what if the guy in the Neon wins. The guy obviously knows how to hit a tree and he knows his car, kudos to him for being a good racer. I think you will lose more than you gain by have a time cutoff.

Blacksunshine
12-04-2007, 10:54 AM
I like it the way it is for the most part also, however I'm really looking foward to the Pro Tree. ( even though we are only just a bunch of "13 second mustangs" ha ha..lol I had to throw that in.
I do understand what that guy was talking about when he said it however. We do have way too many Mustangs in the street class, it's almost funny to look at the staging lanes. It's like a mini NMRA race. If I could afford my dream car 70 SS 454 LS6 Chevelle i'd do it ,but Nope...lol 88 Stang it is.

I agree with you Kris that UMTR should continue to grow . I always seem to come right back to how BMX racing does it when I think of how to make it grow. They run races(NBL BMX ) every weekend at tracks all over the country, and they have points just like us . At the end of the year they total the points and crown there (track) champs in each class. During the season they also have bigger races at other tracks called ( "Nationals" ) and they keep the points on those as well. Alot of big name sponsers ,as well as some smaller ones ,come out and support the nationals and the Grand nationals. It just seems that if we could get more tracks involved with UMTR we could grow even faster. If we scheduled a race or two at Kilcare in Dayton i'm sure the Dayton folks would latch on to the idea ,and maybe they could get a few folks to start and run the kilcare UMTR class ,and then we could all meet at the nationals in INDY !!!

MADMOD
12-04-2007, 10:55 AM

I'm all ears:D.

I agree! Thanks Cat Juggler:eek:

Maximus
12-04-2007, 11:11 AM
More races at E2O and KK. I think Dayton could pull some good cars in both classes. Besides, showing up with 10 "show" (Pro Stick) cars at another track isnt going to help the class.

Now keep the class more local, THIS YEAR (a building year) get the PS counts up, then you can go after other tracks. I can only imagine the other tracks excitement when you tell them you have 50+ Wheel standing Pro Stick guys and 50+ Street Stick cars. NOT 10 and 15.:(

I really wouldnt mind traveling, but I dont like traveling to have 10-15 PS and 10-15 SS cars show up. That makes us look un-organized and un-professional.

The tracks we are traveling to this coming year, get them some flyers to hand out AHEAD of time during T&T and their regular brackets. Get the UMTR idea of BANGING GEARS with fellow GEAR BANGERS and no WHINNING AUTOMATICS into their heads. Put on those flyers, 50+ Pro cars, 50+ Street cars....MINIMUM $1000 payout, Awards for Best reaction, Best looking crew, Farthest traveled, etc etc
But to do all that, you need to build on our base here at home.

Get more PRO STICK cars. $1000 should get some of the local stick guys out of their fishing boats.:)

Give some kind of "incentive" (maybe the $1000 might do it?)to the faster SS cars that step up and race PS?? I dunno what you can do there??
Maybe have a $30 ALL IN, ONE class for a race??

I love racing SS, but I like watching the PS guys.

All these Stangbangerz are a BIG part of the Street Stick class and why it is successful. Im glad you are entertainig their ideas and listening to their opinions. Without these gals & gals, Street Stick would be back to the current Pro Stick numbers.:(

Good luck down at PRI!

Craig, Cincy Speed

RIXXX93GT
12-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Im looking forward to racing in this series...sounds like fun, a few at Kil- kare would be nice too.

69Cobra
12-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Vandalia. I was just there today. Well I hope you see through all the bitching and can tell that we are just trying to improve this class and give these guys something to run for. But it seems that they would be just as happy running for a trophy. :eek:There's an idea sense no one gives a shit about winning money we could just make it a trophy class.:D

kennebellcobra
12-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Vandalia. I was just there today. Well I hope you see through all the bitching and can tell that we are just trying to improve this class and give these guys something to run for. But it seems that they would be just as happy running for a trophy. :eek:There's an idea sense no one gives a shit about winning money we could just make it a trophy class.:D

Heck, we'd race for stickers...look at the DD:D

JonS
12-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Heck, we'd race for stickers...look at the DD

:lol::lol: Now that is funny..........but true.

93cobra
12-04-2007, 07:35 PM
im lost with the mixed emotions....all i know is my car will be finished by the time tracks open & i will be having fun with it this year. i'll see everyone at some point

kennebellcobra
12-04-2007, 08:25 PM
im lost with the mixed emotions....all i know is my car will be finished by the time tracks open & i will be having fun with it this year. i'll see everyone at some point

Thats what it should be more about than winning money lets face it we put way more in our cars than we will ever win back...sure I would love to win $1000 pay out but not if it takes the fun out of it by complicating it where the average joe can't do it and not just because they don't have the money but because we all have busy lives. K.I.S.S. and I bet it will get huge!

outlaw85
12-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Trophies sound good to me. I am tired of trying to compete at a higher level (heads up) and want to have some fun again. I have myself and 3 friends all geared up and ready to run as many UMTR races as possibly this year. I would like to see a class in between SS and PS or a trophy class. Just keep the entry fee down that will draw in the car count looking foward to this spring.

PS: Kil-Kare sounds great also!

bcoh5gt
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
I just wanna race. Kris and Dave it's your series now, so you tell us what it's going to be and hopefully people show. I just wanna race. Kilkare=yes S/S pro tree=yes cut off=no hell if it's harder for anyone it would be the slower car. Come to the stickshift open and let one of those damn low 9 sec. AMX's run your ass down. Much harder to judge the faster car on the big end. GOOD TIMES damn p/s guys LOL

craigels
12-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I just wanna race. Kris and Dave it's your series now, so you tell us what it's going to be and hopefully people show. I just wanna race. Kilkare=yes S/S pro tree=yes cut off=no hell if it's harder for anyone it would be the slower car. Come to the stickshift open and let one of those damn low 9 sec. AMX's run your ass down. Much harder to judge the faster car on the big end. GOOD TIMES damn p/s guys LOL

That pretty well sums it up :bigthumb

Couldn't have said it better myself. I would love to race the full circuit next year for points. I am overly excited to have the opportunity to race mom's car this coming season. I look forward to some of the changes proposed. I hope Kris and Dave can make the best decision they can based on their feelings/beliefs and everyone else's input. After their decisions are made, we can all make ours. Good luck to the directors of the South on their trip to PRI!

Craig
2008 UMTR South Street Stick #1

firestang70
12-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Kris great way to get input! I think adding KK would be cool. I like the idea of trying a pro tree out. No cut off that could kill turn out. How about bonus points for people named Dale?:D

outlaw85
12-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Pro tree sounds great that would give bracket racing kind of a heads up feel. Kil-Kare sounds good also but traveling alot will hurt the hardcore UMTR racers. If we all had lots of money everyone would be traveling with the NMRA. As far as a cuttoff ET wise for the class I would like to see one just not to much! Maybe 14.99 or 13.99 and faster. Just enough to keep out the stock 4 bangerz. You half to have atleast a little power to even call it a race!

sprayn93coupe
12-09-2007, 04:27 AM
I ran 3 events in 2007 and had great time and I would like to keep it the same for next year. I think the pro tree is a great idea and bringing some races to Kil-Kare is great idea. I really dont wont to travel more than 2 hours so edgewater,kil-kare and columbus are great for me. I really dont care if I win any money I would be happy with a 6 ft. trophy atleast I can't spend that, however I think the entry fee for street stick should stay between $20 to $30. I like the low entry fee that helps me afford filling that blue bottle that I love so much why go 12.00s when you go 10.50s at the flick of switch. Of course sometimes it does'nt return the love.

Jason Brunck
J&J RACING
OSM 6.50 INDEX
UMTR STREET STICK
NMRA TRUE STREET
93 MUSTANG COUPE
10.53@128 w/junk on juice

kathyp408
12-09-2007, 08:43 PM
i agree with maximus and kennebell on how i'd like to see the umtr racing go. the whole reason i like the umtr was the local racing and the great payback on the money you pay. i could never run a specific class and bracket racing against the automatics was never very successful so i've never done much of it. i like to attend some other racing sanctions (nmra and funford which i run in a class for fun and not for the money) throughout the year but with a busier umtr schedule, i'm not sure which i'll attend. i vote for edgewater and kilkare with maybe two races out of town.
i'd also like to run the power shift class but the $50 is a large amount for me especially if you start adding in several more races and more traveling. even if you can get a $1000 payback, it would be great to win but that is not why i race at the umtr. i would like to see something in between but not very optimistic on it.

orangecoupe
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
I think pro tree is a great idea it would definately give the racing a more heads up feel. I would like to see Kil Kare added to the schedule and columbus would be okay, the long trips just add to the cost. I ran a couple races last year is s/s and had a blast, but i feel that the class should have a e.t cutoff of 13.99 or even 14.99. Lets face it nobody wants to show up in their car they have worked long and hard on only to get beat by a 15 or 16 second car that is stock with no work put into it. I guess thats Bracket racing though. Maybe if the p/s class entry was a little less more people would run that class. Well I can't wait to see you all there this spring my new car is almost ready to go.

Derek
J&J Racing

Blacksunshine
12-10-2007, 09:01 PM
i agree with maximus and kennebell on how i'd like to see the umtr racing go. the whole reason i like the umtr was the local racing and the great payback on the money you pay. i could never run a specific class and bracket racing against the automatics was never very successful so i've never done much of it. i like to attend some other racing sanctions (nmra and funford which i run in a class for fun and not for the money) throughout the year but with a busier umtr schedule, i'm not sure which i'll attend. i vote for edgewater and kilkare with maybe two races out of town.
i'd also like to run the power shift class but the $50 is a large amount for me especially if you start adding in several more races and more traveling. even if you can get a $1000 payback, it would be great to win but that is not why i race at the umtr. i would like to see something in between but not very optimistic on it.
I agree...do this please !!!!

MADMOD
12-11-2007, 10:36 AM
UMTR Guys! Any updates? How did PRI go?:D

5.0calypso93lx
12-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Pro tree sounds great that would give bracket racing kind of a heads up feel. Kil-Kare sounds good also but traveling alot will hurt the hardcore UMTR racers. If we all had lots of money everyone would be traveling with the NMRA. As far as a cuttoff ET wise for the class I would like to see one just not to much! Maybe 14.99 or 13.99 and faster. Just enough to keep out the stock 4 bangerz. You half to have atleast a little power to even call it a race!

I plan on running the mustang next year, but my only other stick car, and the only one I have raced in the UMTR is a NA 4 banger. If we're going to make the cutoff a 14.99, looks like I might need to throw an exhaust on :lol:

69Cobra
12-11-2007, 11:32 AM
UMTR Guys! Any updates? How did PRI go?:D

Hey Ryan,
The PRI show was cool! We made some very good contacts but that was the easy part. This week we are going to start hammering away at getting these guys to put up. It will probably be middle of Jan. before anything is set in stone but we'll keep you up dated.

Kris

outlaw85
12-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Can anyone tell me when the 2008 rules and schedule will be coming out?

69Cobra
12-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Give us a couple weeks.

SCPerf
12-17-2007, 12:01 AM
I like the idea of a pro tree. Even a .500 pro tree. It just feels cool. Kil-Kare would be cool but, we've watched at Muncie and E2O lots of times.