PDA

View Full Version : Apple!

beefcake
12-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I ordered my wife an I pod touch for christmas, i was gonna do the ebay thing to save 20 or 30 bucks, but decided to just go to apple since they had free shipping, plus free engraving.

i ordered monday at 12:42pm,

i figured getting it engraved would take a day or 2 or so,

turns out i got a tracking # monday night from fed ex, i start tracking it, it's coming from somewhere in china, supposed to be delivered today.

it showed up yesterday at 3:05pm

51 hours from order, with engraving, from china, to my door,

i don't see how you could possibly ask for more out of a company

apple gets 2 thumbs up for that one! :bigthumb :bigthumb

cstreu1026
12-06-2007, 10:02 AM
There customer service is second to none. When I ordered my laptop on line I had problems getting it from Fed Ex. They refused to deliver it during hours when people are normally home and kept coming by at 11:00 AM. Not only that but it took them more than a week and a half, from the time apple shipped it, to when they attempted delivery. I shared my bad experience with the folks at Apple and they refunded my money for the shipping.

Slow9023
12-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I've been an Apple user for a number of years and have always been impressed by their customer service. I think the best story I've had was my friend's laptop hard drive failed, was sent out and spent four hours at the repair center and shipped back. Total time for Sent to receive, 36 hours. Having run a computer repair shop for a time, its amazing.

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah i had to return my iPod and it ended up being replaced, and it took one full business day...that's it. I mailed it in and it was back to me THE NEXT DAY. I couldn't believe it. Granted, i mailed it out early the first day, but still that's a haul ass turn around.

I still wont buy an iMac though :lol:

04 Venom
12-06-2007, 03:10 PM
The only thing that would be better is if Apple, and most other manufaturers as well, made their product in the US.

Black92LX
12-06-2007, 04:37 PM
If you really wanted to save some coin you should have bought a refurb. They come with the same warranty as new.

I got my girlfriend a 2 gig 2nd generation Nano for $80.

Sadly mine did not arrive as quick as yours. It still hasn't arrived, yet the other stuff I ordered at the same time has

mach_u
12-07-2007, 01:11 AM
As the token PC tech I have to say Apple is ghey! :tongue2: Their commercials are awesome though! :lol:

PonymanfiveO
12-07-2007, 11:13 AM
I like apples too. The apple slices from SubWay rock. ;)

poncho2001
12-07-2007, 11:14 PM
I like apples too. The apple slices from SubWay rock. ;)

Yeah when they are not four days old and slimy:barf:

2-8-1
12-08-2007, 12:52 AM
I don't care for Apple personally, their CS is great, but Steve Jobs is even slimier than Bill Gates.

cstreu1026
12-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Well he was just named the most powerful person in business by Forbes. I guess he's doing a few things right.

BigBadStang
12-10-2007, 12:18 AM
just wait a month or so and the will slash the price...like the iphone.
what a way to reward your loyal customer who rushed out and bought, most feel like they took a fuckin.

Black92LX
12-10-2007, 02:33 AM
just wait a month or so and the will slash the price...like the iphone.
what a way to reward your loyal customer who rushed out and bought, most feel like they took a fuckin.

Capitalism at it's finest. I do not fault Apple in the least. It's common place, every video game system that is released does the same thing.
All cellphones are the same way.
Pretty much all technologies do it.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Smart business practice if you ask me.

cstreu1026
12-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Sell as many as you can for as much as you can then when the sales slow down drop the price to get new customers in the store. Pretty damn smart to me.

BigBadStang
12-10-2007, 08:56 AM
...thats why i always wait.

so you're telling us that if you bought an i phone for $599 on a friday, and on monday they were selling for $399 you wouldnt be pissed in the slightest. you would pat Steve Jobs on the back and give him a big "atta-boy"...yeah right.

cstreu1026
12-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Nope...I would take it back. :D

Then again I would never pay $600 for a cell phone. I think people who stood in line for them are fools.

They weren't going to be able to cell them for that price forever. I was a little surprised that the price drop came so soon, but I think Steve Jobs is a smart business man.

Michelle
12-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Ipods are the GREATEST thing evah!!