PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!! The silver bullet will be out this spring

boostforever
12-09-2007, 07:41 PM
for those of you in the middletown area that remember the 86 silver capri that used to run around,i just bought it yesterday.still as nice as it always was just dont have the 17in centerlines on it anymore.The story with it is that 2 1/2 years ago when my best friend was driving it home it suddenly quit on him.him and his father messed with it for a few weeks and before i could try to help them he decided to turn it from fuel inj to carb.after they tore it apart he basically never messed with it again,and untill yesterday it had never even been rolled out of the garage.specs on the car are as follows.

roller 302 w/1.7 roller rockers on a stock cam
ported e7's
mid length headers
performer intake and 600 cfm holley dual line{looking for one of those} :)
t-5 with a centerforce clutch
8.8 with 3.55 gears.

not only am i looking for that carb i need a few other things also to complete the motor.ignition for the time being will be fords duraspark until i get the money to go to msd.i have acguired all of those components though.im also looking for a good short throw,welds with good tires,and a nos plate kit.

on motor im hoping for 13.50s and on spray somewhere in the mid to low 12s and ill be happy.as soon as i get a chance ill post so pics up of the car.thanks guys aaron

PonymanfiveO
12-09-2007, 09:30 PM
cool!

Too bad we already have a very well known "Silver Bullet" car on here.

boostforever
12-09-2007, 10:56 PM
lol i know but between me and my friends we dubbed it the silver bullet 4 years ago when he bought it.sorry about that

347sc
12-09-2007, 11:04 PM
I remeber that car.I past sideways as it was racing my buddy's coupe back a few years ago.

boostforever
12-10-2007, 12:35 AM
lol yep.hey bo... i finally bought it.still looks good,will look even better with welds on it

347sc
12-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Sweet, get it finished up.It's a nice ride

boostforever
12-10-2007, 01:20 AM
thanks.i only need a couple more thing for it to get it going again.then the fun will start with it.it just sucks its december

Michelle
12-19-2007, 12:53 AM
whose car is this?

satan jamez
12-19-2007, 06:28 AM
for those of you in the middletown area that remember the 86 silver capri that used to run around,i just bought it yesterday.still as nice as it always was just dont have the 17in centerlines on it anymore.The story with it is that 2 1/2 years ago when my best friend was driving it home it suddenly quit on him.him and his father messed with it for a few weeks and before i could try to help them he decided to turn it from fuel inj to carb.after they tore it apart he basically never messed with it again,and untill yesterday it had never even been rolled out of the garage.specs on the car are as follows.

ported e7's
mid length headers
8.8 with 3.55 gears.

not only am i looking for that carb i need a few other things also to complete the motor.ignition for the time being will be fords duraspark until i get the money to go to msd.i have acguired all of those components though.im also looking for a good short throw,welds with good tires,and a nos plate kit.

on motor im hoping for 13.50s and on spray somewhere in the mid to low 12s and ill be happy.as soon as i get a chance ill post so pics up of the car.thanks guys aaron

I may have the carb for you including the dual feed line. The choke has been milled off though. It's a polished holley 600 carb with vacuum secondaries. I just put a rebuild kit on it when I found an other carb i'd rather use. It hasen't been used on the road since i've owned it. I can post pics if interested. $70

may93
01-14-2008, 02:51 AM

ported e7's
mid length headers
8.8 with 3.55 gears.

I have a nitrous set-up for a carb car that has everything to include the purge. I'll take $250.00 for all of it. Not sure how far away you live but you'd have to pick it up.

92BlackStang
01-14-2008, 03:10 AM
I remeber that car.I past sideways as it was racing my buddy's coupe back a few years ago.
I rmember that story that was in the 347sc car right ???:lol:

347sc
01-14-2008, 09:01 AM
I rmember that story that was in the 347sc car right ???:lol:

Yep. Fun night.

kmp
01-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey, Glad to hear it. I am working on up grading my '98 cobra soon.