PDA

View Full Version : WHEEL HOP

fordman
12-14-2007, 10:51 PM
wHAT IS WHEEL HOP USALLY CAUSED FROM I GET IT BAD SOMETIMES IN REVERSE NOT ALWAYS THO MY TOURQ BOXS ARE A LITTEL BANGED UP BUT I DONT GET THE WHEEL HOP WHEN LAUNCHING THE CAR GOING FORWARD. aLSO MY FRAME TIES ARE RUNNING INTO THE TOURQ BOXS AND I NOTICED THE BOXS LOOK LIKE THERE BEING PUSHED UPWARDS DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THEM OR NOT PEOPLE TELL ME I DO AND PEOPLE TELL ME I DONT THE CAR DOES FEEL SOLID AND HOOKS GOOD WHAT WOULD BE UR SUGGESTIONS THANKS FOR ANY INFORMATION I APPRECIATE IT.

mustangboy
12-14-2007, 11:02 PM
First off are you sure its wheelhop or just the jerking from the engine bogging down due to not enough rpm's. I use to get that in my 95 if you were in 2nd at very low speeds the car would start bucking. If it is wheelhop what are you doing lauching in reverse hard enough to make it happen.

fordman
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
i think i figured it out i adjusted the clutch cable the clutch was so dawm stiff i had no choice but to go from a high rpm in reverse thats what it is launching it to hard in reverse but what about the boxs with my frame ties running into them it seems like there pushed upwards with aint causing a problem for me but will i have to replace these things or can i even replace them...