PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for tubing at Perfect North in a few weekends?

92StangMan
12-15-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm trying to get some people I work with to go tubing in a few weekends when no one has any plans. So far everyone seems to be interested and excited to go but people usually flake out at the last minute. If I can get 15 people together overall, then we can get a discount and figured what better place to notify people than here?

I was thinking of Jan 5th. Would this date work with most of you all?

cstreu1026
12-15-2007, 11:50 AM
I will probably be there. I am there almost every weekend.

92StangMan
12-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Is it a good place to go to?

Holly
12-15-2007, 12:27 PM
I was thinking of Jan 5th. Would this date work with most of you all?

We got together as a group (SBZ) and went 3 years in a row (always around the first of January), but that last year we went (when the tubing first opened), it was SO cold, I will never do it again. We were all miserable, it was around zero! I can't ski, I have these long ass legs that prevent me from doing that!

Plated will probably go, he said something about it in another thread!

cstreu1026
12-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I generally go to ski but I can go tubing as well with my season pass. I have been a few times too. The tubing can get crazy crowded particularly on holiday weekends or after it snows.

92StangMan
12-15-2007, 03:27 PM
We got together as a group (SBZ) and went 3 years in a row (always around the first of January), but that last year we went (when the tubing first opened), it was SO cold, I will never do it again. We were all miserable, it was around zero! I can't ski, I have these long ass legs that prevent me from doing that!

Plated will probably go, he said something about it in another thread!

Wuss. :)

Holly
12-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Wuss. :)

I'll have to agree with you there. I'd rather lay on my couch wrapped in a blanket (when it's cold and yucky out) than go out in subzero temperatures just to go up and down a hill. :lol:

92StangMan
12-15-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm looking at the map and it's just one hill to tube. Would it be better to ski instead of tubing?

8NO4CYL
12-15-2007, 05:30 PM
There is one big hill but several different paths to go down. i went last year it was a freakin' blast. :bigthumb

Holly
12-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm looking at the map and it's just one hill to tube. Would it be better to ski instead of tubing?

It also has a moving sidewalk to take you up the hill.

Skiing vs. tubing. Hmmm... I think I'd rather not have a broken leg, so I'd opt for the tubing. It's fun, as long as it's not in the single digits.