PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else in a panic

ruby71oh
12-17-2007, 07:48 PM
So at work, we always go over the calendar with the kids and today we counted down to the 25...this was when I realized that Christmas is a week away. I've got sooo much left to do!!! Shopping, baking, wrapping plus working 40 hours a week added to about 3.5-4 hours of cardiac rehab that I have to fit in added to my daily duties as a mom. I'm getting a little stressed and can feel my heart pitter patter a little faster at the thought of trying to accomplish everything in so little time. Anyone else feeling this way???

Blacksunshine
12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
I feel ya, We have'nt even started yet !!!

ponymom05
12-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Yep,starting to realize how little I have done. We had Craig's party Friday night and my daughter moved Saturday morning, unpacking all weekend, cleaning up my house tonite....Oh My Gosh Christmas is in a week! I need to SHOP!!

JonS
12-17-2007, 09:16 PM
I did almost all of my shopping online this year, that really took a lot of the stress out of it. I have a few more gifts to buy, but I'm pretty much done.

ibstrokin
12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm done!!!! I'm waiting on a few more items to arrive in the mail, but that's it.

bobtsgt
12-17-2007, 09:35 PM
gift cards are your friend. and socks :D

Mista Bone
12-17-2007, 11:19 PM
gift card for my son, a ladder for mom, done.

dedpedal
12-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Dont let it get to ya D. Make someone else do the shopping and supervise the baking.

VuNiT3
12-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I haven't even begun Christmas shopping either. I'm in a state of panic. I don't think I have ever waited this long to do my shopping.

GIFT CARDS FOR EVERYONE!!! LOL

mach_u
12-18-2007, 12:38 AM
We got 90% of our Christmas shopping done weeks ago. It's a good feeling! Usually we leave everything to the last minute!

ihave1sweetride
12-18-2007, 12:26 PM
I've had my stuff done for 4 weeks now. I'm so bored... I love to shop but don't have anyone to buy for now! lol

Holly
12-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm getting a little stressed and can feel my heart pitter patter a little faster at the thought of trying to accomplish everything in so little time. Anyone else feeling this way???

I refuse to get stressed, about anything (people included) anymore! It's just not worth it. I am just about done shopping, one more trip out......

I'll be up next week - can't wait to see you, Momma Changet, and my cute little niece and nephew.

That's the best part about Christmas, hanging out with family. It's going to be rough, but we'll get through it. ;)

mach_u
12-18-2007, 10:35 PM
I love to shop but don't have anyone to buy for now! lol
If you must... :angel: :D

ruby71oh
12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Dont let it get to ya D. Make someone else do the shopping and supervise the baking.

OK...Kev..start shopping, Holly, start baking!

DeckerEnt
12-19-2007, 12:18 AM
I've had my stuff done for 4 weeks now. I'm so bored... I love to shop but don't have anyone to buy for now! lol

+2 here if you have nothing better to spend money on. LOL
Keith

Katmandu
12-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Anyone else feeling this way???Yea, it's NUTS anymore. :rolleyes:

This society of ours is just getting busier and busier and busier and faster, faster, faster! :eek: I see folks self-destructing all the time from all the STRESS!

Where does it go from here ??

My wife and I decided not to par take (as much) in the madness this year. We've asked folks to make donations to the Troops/Vets/Poor in lieu of buying us gifts. We've also "adopted" a couple families to help out.

Giving is a MUCH better feeling than receiving! :cool2:

Just hope every remembers WHY this season is here. :angel:

nkystanger
12-20-2007, 10:16 AM
My Christmas shopping STARTS tonight....cant wait :mad:

Holly
12-20-2007, 10:45 AM

I went to the mall early this morning, I am officially DONE!

I am ready for 2008 to start, 2007 sucked.

347sc
12-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Lol same here. Just have my kids and my lady friend to finish up.:eek:

bestracing
12-20-2007, 12:25 PM
We've also "adopted" a couple families to help out.

Giving is a MUCH better feeling than receiving! :cool2:

Just hope every remembers WHY this season is here. :angel:

We've done that the past few years. We keep it anonymous. We don't know them except ages and gender and they don't know us. That way the sponsored family the can still have a little dignity too. It's bad to get layed off right before the holidays and not be able to get your children anything.