PDA

View Full Version : Autobody guys help a guy out here..

bustedknuckle R
12-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Ive never messed with fiberglass hood scoops and molding them on so Id like some advice here. I got a hold of a "specialty" hood scoop :bigthumb and need to know the best method for molding it onto my stock 88 gt hood.

Weve all seen guys mold kits onto thier car and under wear an tear the fiberglass molding cracks. How would I avoid this problem with my scoop and again whats the best method of molding it?

Sparky
12-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Mold it to a fiberglass hood, seriously. You'd be opening a big can of worms and you'll never be happy with it trying to graft it to steel.They always crack, it's inevitable. Unless you just want a scoop and don't care about a seamless look. In that case I would just get some large diameter headed pop rivets and rivet it to it. If you use a fiberglass hood you have a ton of different products to successfully graft the two and it will last forever. Probably not what you want to hear but it would be the smart thing to do.

bustedknuckle R
12-24-2007, 09:12 PM
the answer to our problems is never what we want to hear and it always seems to cost more money.. aint that somethin :lol: thanks for the note Guess thats the way to go.. but who offers a fiberglass factory style hood for the foxes?.. Every fiberglass hood I find always has some sort of 4" cowl or ricer air vents (no offence to anyone)

Stangman
12-24-2007, 10:13 PM
if im not mistaken a supplier in Late Model Restoration supply had a stock fiberglass hood... if i remember correctly...

svtfox
12-24-2007, 10:43 PM
my buddy has a cervini svo 87-93 hood for 150? cleveland

bustedknuckle R
12-25-2007, 12:02 AM
SVO is not really the hood Im lookin for... but thanks man