PDA

View Full Version : Alien vs Predator:Requiem

MsBlkramair
12-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Holy sh!t batman.........that was awesome! This was a rather gory movie, on the edge of my seat, covering my eyes at times. 2 thumbs up!

RIXXX93GT
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
didnt care for it, who were the characters again....name one...oh yea alien and predator. Character development would have helped. Some women must have been in the army...I think..... they never said. SOme rebel dude must have got busted doing a b&e....never said why. He starts bossing his wimpy brother around.....who had the hots for some hot chick that gets killed far too soon. And one freakin predator against 50-100 aliens...nobody won the battle of the monsters. Im sorry I am a huge alien and predator fan, this one sucked. Everybody has their own opinion.

MsBlkramair
01-01-2008, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=RIXXX93GT;333241]didnt care for it, who were the characters again....name one...oh yea alien and predator. Character development would have helped. Some women must have been in the army...I think..... they never said. SOme rebel dude must have got busted doing a b&e....never said why. QUOTE]

Were you out buying popcorn at the time? I heard the stories about who they were.

RIXXX93GT
01-02-2008, 12:52 PM
They may have mentioned the names but anymore info than my previous post had about each character was not fully developed. I just think it could have been written far better. As far as action....okay I give it a 6 out of 10.

Answer me this: The older brother was in prison for b&e....they did reveal that, but why was he robbing people? Was their a heroic reason or just a crook?
The army lady....how far did they go into her character? The only relevance of her being in the military is so someone could drive the "tank" and she could foretell the wiping out of the entire city.

MsBlkramair
01-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Ok, maybe they didn't delve deep, but I got the gist of the story line. Here is what the website says about each character:

Dallas (Steven Pasquale) returns to Gunnison after a stint in the state penitentiary. He is picked up at the bus station by Morales (John Ortiz); Dallas and Morales used to be partners in crime, but Morales is now the county's sheriff. Also arriving home is Kelly (Reiko Aylesworth), after a tour of duty in Iraq. Her husband, Tim (Sam Trammel) is overjoyed to see her, but their daughter, Molly (Ariel Gade), is unsure of how to react to her mother's return. She does, however, enjoy the night-vision goggles Kelly brought home as a souvenir. Meanwhile, Dallas's younger brother Ricky (Johnny Lewis), is beaten up by Dale (David Paetkau) and his friends. Ricky has been flirting with Dale's girlfriend, Jesse (Kristin Hager). The fight is the last straw and Jesse breaks things off with Dale. She invites Ricky to go skinny-dipping with her at the high school's pool later that night.

RIXXX93GT
01-02-2008, 11:06 PM
That pretty much sums up all other aspects of the movie other than the killing of everything else. Thats my point ...there is no story. The closest thing that came to binding this thing together was the ending where they were showing off the predator gun to the head honcho businesswoman. And who was she? ......Exactly....In another five minutes they could have tied this thing together and made you go....hmmmm...I get it. Seems you and I are the only ones discussing this topic....dont take any of this the wrong way Im just pretty picky when I see one of my all time favorite movie series (Alien) drop to this level. I would give A vs. P #1 a better rating than this one.

MsBlkramair
01-03-2008, 08:49 PM
I go for the gore and the scare tactics...........I gave it a 9 1/2 out of 10!