PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Satellite Install hookup

nkystanger
12-28-2007, 01:24 PM
anyone know of a reliable somewhat cheap place or someone that does side jobs that i can get this installed in my car('01 acura)?

I drove out to circuit city, but they said they would need me to buy extra items for them to install it and would still charge me $80.00

Kelly Pelrine
12-28-2007, 04:11 PM
I put mine in my 03 and in the 07. The 07 was a lot easier since it already has an aux jack. Which one did you get & were you planning on running the antenna version or direct hookup? Stock stereo?

nkystanger
12-28-2007, 06:32 PM
I put mine in my 03 and in the 07. The 07 was a lot easier since it already has an aux jack. Which one did you get & were you planning on running the antenna version or direct hookup? Stock stereo?

I got the starmate4 and i planned on running the antenna version.

How does the direct hookup work?

Stock Stereo with no aux jack. :(

Kelly Pelrine
12-28-2007, 07:59 PM
I got the starmate4 and i planned on running the antenna version.

How does the direct hookup work?

Stock Stereo with no aux jack. :(

Oh sweet thats what i have. Id recommend the direct hook up cuz you wont get any static with it. If you run the antenna, you have to tune into a station to get the signal & it sucks especially if the signal changes, you have to find another station. I have a really nice MP3 player with the aux jack, ill sell it cheap cheap! Ill even help you put it all in. Just need to get a wiring kit from Best Buy ($15) and an aux cable.

NXStang
12-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Man, the Starmate is EASY as cake to put in. I have one in my workvan, works AWESOME. Gotta find a good channel with no interference but once you do, it works awesome!

tcorns
12-28-2007, 08:09 PM
i put one in my 03 gt with the direct connect antenna. took less then an hour and it works great. i bought an antenna adapter at best buy made by sirius. it goes inline with the regular antenna and has a line that goes to the aux out on the sirius radio. you tell the sirius what radio station to use and then change the car radio and you are set. it is not to be confused with the regular fm modulated setup included with the head unit. they way mine is i can travel anywhere with out changing the station, whereas when i used the original antenna, i changed stations every few miles. any questions let me know (i personally have 3 sirius receivers in cars and have done several other vehicles).

trev