PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Cobra Mustang vs. Nissan 350Z

superslors
01-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I set it up on another website calling out someone with a 350Z I had done a little homework on the car and it seemed like a really good race (on paper) but in reality there was no good race at all. the guy I raced told me that it had an intake and a catback and that was all I can't prove it but I think he was leaving a few things out an ecu reflash or something
we got on 275 lined up at about 60mph and he honked 3 times I wont lie I got anxious and jumped the gun a little bit I ran 3rd out hard I know I was going at least 100 by the time I shifted to 4th we stayed next to eachother untill I heard him shift into 4th gear then he automaticly pulled like 2 car lengths on me mabey even had some nitrous or something (excuses I know) I don't know exactly what mods he had but there was no way in hell he just had an intake and cat back on that car (grey 350Z with carbon fiber vent cut in the front bumper)

oh well back to the drawing board mabey I will fill my bottle next time...lol

craigels
01-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Those things are consistantly slow with minor bolt ons... I'd say he sprayed you.

Craig

Steves LX
01-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah if he pulled you like that I'd say he sprayed you or he he has a turbo. I got into it with one on 275 one morning back in the summer. This guy had a turbo and I knew he would get me rolling at 50 mph on the hywy but I didn't back down. So he gets off at the Loveland exit behind me and the next light we come up to we are first in line side by side. The light turns green and I hammer it and the closest he got to me was a few car lengths. He was a good sport though, he followed me to the gas station and we talked for awhile.

superslors
01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
there was no boost I do know that for sure boosted he would have pulled away from me right away

Steves LX
01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
He must have sprayed it

superslors
01-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah if he pulled you like that I'd say he sprayed you or he he has a turbo. I got into it with one on 275 one morning back in the summer. This guy had a turbo and I knew he would get me rolling at 50 mph on the hywy but I didn't back down. So he gets off at the Loveland exit behind me and the next light we come up to we are first in line side by side. The light turns green and I hammer it and the closest he got to me was a few car lengths. He was a good sport though, he followed me to the gas station and we talked for awhile.

TURBO LAG= shitty runs from a dig

Walter
01-02-2008, 10:39 PM
TURBO LAG= shitty runs from a dig

Ummmm, not really but ok.

Mike
01-17-2008, 02:40 PM
The 350z that you got waxed by was a basic bolt ons car with cams. You ever send him his gas card atleast?

Maximus
01-17-2008, 02:53 PM
The 350z that you got waxed by was a basic bolt ons car with cams. You ever send him his gas card atleast?

Bolt ons....Nitrous, turbo, exhaust etc etc.:D

WYLDFANTASYX
01-21-2008, 08:38 PM
I heard about this race, and if its the car I am thinking of he had only minor bolt ons, no nitrous no turbo. These cars are quicker than you seem to think, they can trap over 100mph stock. I was in a Black GT with a few minor mods (but no gear) and the driver was a newb but it was on the hwy and the Nissan pulled 2+ car lengths easily.

How did you have a nitrous bottle and not use it anyway? He could be owing you the gas card, not the other way around...

vypastang
02-06-2008, 11:21 PM
i raced a friend in his 350z back when i had my 4.10s. his z was cams, exhaust and intake from wat i can remember, started out at 40 and we stayed pretty neck and neck until i hit 5th gear he started to pull about a car length till i gave out. they have potential on their looks but they are pretty fast

PaulFiveOh
02-06-2008, 11:27 PM
I smoked a bone stock 350Z in my best friends SVT Focus from 0 to 90mph with minor bolt ons.

Just throwing that out there lol.

Waffles
02-07-2008, 02:50 AM
I don't know what your 95 Cobra has had done to it, but stock that car only rated at like 240hp, said to be underrated. I'm not sure of the weight but I'd guess 3500+ with the iron block 5.0. Stock the Z makes around 300 depending on the year, and just over 3300lbs. Stock vs stock is not promising for the Cobra.

Sometimes, when I'm racing someone who is obviously undermatched I'm sometimes cruel and play with them. I run just a nose ahead of them giving them some hope, then just run away from them. Might be what he was doing.

boostanggt
02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
i raced a bone stock z in my 04 when it was stock from 50-130 and he pulled maybe half a car. definitly more than exhaust and intake

boostanggt
02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
04 GT*

96mysticman
02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
i raced a stock one with my 96 cobra (that had exhaust and cold air at the time) and made his ass grass

WHYTRY
02-07-2008, 11:51 PM
their is a gray one running aound with a superchager on it. if the guy was forein it was it. thats what he did to my friends 03 gt

Waffles
02-11-2008, 10:14 AM
i raced a stock one with my 96 cobra (that had exhaust and cold air at the time) and made his ass grass

The 96 makes 305 stock, add a few for the exhaust and cold air, only 100lb heavier... makes sense you'd get him.

I've got a 96 also, killed a few Z's without using the bottle. But does it make anyone else here a little sick that these are 3.5L V6's making 300hp? With the new Camaros coming out with 400 and Dodges cranking over that, I'm seriously considering a rebuild. Think Imma start a new thread, I've wondered off topic... :lol:

superslors
03-05-2008, 02:59 PM

yeah I did, then he said I never paid him. I offerd to meet him and put cash in his hand and haven't heard from him since, but I was told by the owner of the car he had a couple bolt ons I posted up looking for a stock one, and this guy straight lied about his car If I had known there were cams in it I would have never aggreed to anything, I was under the impression that he had like a catback or intake or something like that, so basicly the kid lied and honestly he should give me the money I sent him back for being a liar. all I was tryin to do was see where my car stood the 350Z seemed like a good race to me, I watched a red one running high 16's at edgewater sunday, it sounded like he was in it hard too. So I don't know what to think.

RyanR
03-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I have one you can race. exhaust and intake only. pm me if you want to meet up.

superslors
03-05-2008, 07:28 PM
yeah heard that before...lol

05yellowgt
03-08-2008, 12:16 AM
I've raced a few Z's before. It takes Nitrous to beat me, and by then it was only a couple of cars 40-120. Otherwise they get walked hard.

Metcalf Racing
03-10-2008, 01:00 AM
yeah I did, then he said I never paid him. I offerd to meet him and put cash in his hand and haven't heard from him since, but I was told by the owner of the car he had a couple bolt ons I posted up looking for a stock one, and this guy straight lied about his car If I had known there were cams in it I would have never aggreed to anything, I was under the impression that he had like a catback or intake or something like that, so basicly the kid lied and honestly he should give me the money I sent him back for being a liar. all I was tryin to do was see where my car stood the 350Z seemed like a good race to me, I watched a red one running high 16's at edgewater sunday, it sounded like he was in it hard too. So I don't know what to think.
Are you the guy with the cobra that runs high 14's??

superslors
03-10-2008, 10:04 AM
yeah, I just got the car in september last year......from what I have read thats normal for a stock 5.0

superslors
03-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I just read an article in an old magizine where they have an 06' 350Z with a S1-Spec
VQ35 (japanese market only) stock it put down 263.3 whp, with Nismo forged pistons(raised the C/R but doesn't say how much), Nizmo Camshafts,titanium valve springs,cold air intake, and full exhaust, chipped ecu and make 296 whp

Metcalf Racing
03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
yeah, I just got the car in september last year......from what I have read thats normal for a stock 5.0My bad man I thought it was a 4.6.. But your car should still run some low 14's or high 13's with a decent driver. Maybe you just need to get more seat time

auto alchemist
03-12-2008, 01:05 AM

if you saw a 350z running 16's i dont care if it was stock that had to have been a HORRIBLE driver, thats normally what worn out stock early 90's 240sx's run lol, from the times i see posted from the 350z guys on nissan forums a stock z with a decent driver should run around a 14.2

BMF_RACING
03-12-2008, 08:11 AM
For what it's worth:

I've ran two in the srt-4 (hghway), which will run 108 to 109 mph on a hot day, and they both when decent races. I pulled 3 cars from 50 to 135 on one and then his buddy came up and I ran him. He was faster and I was only able to pull about a car on him (Orange w/c-fiber hood). They run good on top end stock and seem to take bolts ok.

superslors
03-13-2008, 11:03 AM
My bad man I thought it was a 4.6.. But your car should still run some low 14's or high 13's with a decent driver. Maybe you just need to get more seat time

I will def. agree with you on the more seat time, I am as newb as they come!

My best run at edgewater March 2,

R/T .574
60' 2.332
330 6.494
1/8 9.819
1000 12.653
1/4 15.014
MPH 95.96

bobtsgt
03-13-2008, 12:19 PM
yeah. more seat time will help. need to get those 60's down some more.