PDA

View Full Version : EPA/Treehuggers trying to stop the DIY painter

Jeff88coupe
01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
http://www.hemmings.com/articles/epa.html
:flipoff:

dedpedal
01-03-2008, 07:32 AM
I hope Al Gores jet crashes into the EPA's main ofice. Get rid of 2 birds with one stone.

cstreu1026
01-03-2008, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't get too worked up over that. They will have to restrict the sale of paint before it will ever impact the hobbyiest or DIYer, and I am sure SEMA would do everything in its power to keep that from happening. The EPA just don't have the man power or the resources to enforce legislation at a home user level.

mustang8998
01-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't get too worked up over that. They will have to restrict the sale of paint before it will ever impact the hobbyiest or DIYer, and I am sure SEMA would do everything in its power to keep that from happening. The EPA just don't have the man power or the resources to enforce legislation at a home user level.

Yeah, just like the smoking ban, in Oh.

See, I told ya!

Big Brother will take care of us, despite ourselves.

Another chip at our hobby. Remember the Rush song "Red Barchetta" (SP), where we aren't allowed to drive our cars. It's coming, so don't sit on your ass and allow it! Take action NOW!

I remember reading an article, in Easyrider magazine, back in the late '80's. Was about how the government was implementing a law, that out-lawed all internal combustion engines. You could own a bike, car, whatever, but it had to be "fixed", so that it could not run. A museum piece. I knew back then, it's coming.

We all know that someday, we will not enjoy the "FREEDOM", to enjoy our sport. So lets all do something to, atleast, prolong it.