PDA

View Full Version : BMX Guys....WTF is going on??

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-06-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm watching this Action Sports World Championship this morning...never heard of it. When i rode it was all about the X Games. Anyways, not only do i not know a single person riding, but these guys are doing stuff that was video game tricks when i rode. This one guy pulled a 720 over a 5 foot spine...that's ridiculous. Then he goes and does a 360 double tail whip over a little table top that's barely big enough for a single tail whip. Then the next kid comes out, he's only 17, and he's tail whipping everything like guys used to bar spin everything. He's doing double tail whips off of 1/4 pipes. I guess it's because of BMX camps like Woodward where they've got the foam pits where you can practice crazy tricks without killing yourself. I feel like all those old guys who talk about their days playing football wishing they could've stuck with it...it just blows me away what guys are doing now. I remember when doing any trick while doing a backflip was insane, now this kid just pulled a no hander FRONT flip.

Getting old sucks balls :flipoff:

ibstrokin
01-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I used to love BMX, I still have my old Hutch Hollywood, and your right, the tricks today are amazing. Do you remeber the movie RAD?

Mista Bone
01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
looks like you need to go practice, without the foam pits, just once :)

Then take 6-12 months off to recover :)

craigels
01-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Do you remeber the movie RAD?

That movie was awesome! :bigthumb

Craig

347sc
01-06-2008, 01:00 PM
I used to love BMX, I still have my old Hutch Hollywood, and your right, the tricks today are amazing. Do you remeber the movie RAD?

Damn Brian, make me feel old buddy.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't own a copy anymore, i had it on VHS and it got chewed up. Back then the big trick was no hander/bars spinning wheelies :lol: