PDA

View Full Version : FAIRBORN COPS!!!

Blowpastyou
01-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Here's the story. I got my new PA C-4 put in, and drove it around the block. Didnt get over 30mph, got on it a little bit. Pulled it back in the garage and left. 20 minutes later the cops are calling me from my dads house. (were my car is)
So anyway, this cop has never visually seen my car. All he knew is that it was red and black. He was talking about towing my car and I wasnt going to get it back. Apparently 3 or 4 people called and SAID I was driving wrecklessly. So the cop gave me a ticket for wreckless operation, and not having plates on my car. AGAIN, he has never even seen my car!! This is some bullshit!!! can he even do that?

'92Stang
01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
How the hell can they ticket you for wreckless op. without witnessing it??? That's a chickenshit move on the cops part. I could see no tags etc...??

Blowpastyou
01-07-2008, 08:51 PM
could definetly see a ticket for no license plate. He told me about the license plates. I completely forgot about the plates. Still thats hearsay since he hasnt even seen my car.

89notch
01-07-2008, 09:36 PM
It wont stand in court just fight it.

Maximus
01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Here's the story. I got my new PA C-4 put in, and drove it around the block. Didnt get over 30mph, got on it a little bit. Pulled it back in the garage and left. 20 minutes later the cops are calling me from my dads house. (were my car is)
So anyway, this cop has never visually seen my car. All he knew is that it was red and black. He was talking about towing my car and I wasnt going to get it back. Apparently 3 or 4 people called and SAID I was driving wrecklessly. So the cop gave me a ticket for wreckless operation, and not having plates on my car. AGAIN, he has never even seen my car!! This is some bullshit!!! can he even do that?

Thats some Bullshit.
Did you admitt to driving it? You were at a friends house. Someone else must have been driving it without your permission.

Although, either way, your F-CKED! This "cop" knows your Stang and everytime you have it out Legally and he sees you, he'll probably be a Prick.:mad:

He was beat up in school. Just make sure when you are out this Spring you have all your insurance cards and all that shit.

Good Luck either way.:bigthumb

Blowpastyou
01-07-2008, 10:05 PM
thanks... I dont live in fairborn the car is at my dads while I finish putting my boss's 69 vette back together. I live in beavercreek one town over. To top it all off, he said.... I was talking to your dad, he said youve been busting your butt on this car, he said you got it painted, and "souped it up a lil, and you think its fast"....... I was like, what a deuche!!!!

Greg Seibert
01-07-2008, 11:02 PM
he said youve been busting your butt on this car, he said you got it painted, and "souped it up a lil, and you think its fast"....... I was like, what a deuche!!!!
He was fishing here, likely tape recording you, to use against you later.
If "dad" would have played dumb, he probably wouldn't have cited you.
I don't believe you:cool2: were careless, unsafe, or behaving like a criminal. I Know there's street crime up there. Didn't he :flipoff:something better to do?
Keep the faith, and the Stangs look'n great.

Timido
01-07-2008, 11:16 PM
I would fight it.

02mingryGT
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Fight it. He has to witness the infraction. You can find the revised code online.

snotzs135
01-08-2008, 10:58 AM
take it to court

DeckerEnt
01-08-2008, 11:32 AM
If the cop never saw the car or saw you driving it, I don't think it will stand up in court. You are probably going to have to pay court costs anyway so go before the judge and explain yourself. The worst that can happen is you have to pay the fine. Oh and the points will make your insurance go up, and the lost pay, etc etc.
On a side note, DUIs when they get kicked down to a lesser charge usually are for reckless op. Insurance companies know this.
Keith

mustangoutlaw
01-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Talk to a lawyer and take it to court!!

wild87stang
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Talk to a lawyer and take it to court!!

I agree with him get a lawyer, do they have video caeras in their cruiser up their cause if they do they are suppose to be on at all times arent they and they would have to pull that tape for him witnessing it? I could be wrong but just a thought!

theyallslow
01-08-2008, 01:59 PM
fight it...what an ass hat.

Black92LX
01-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Go to court. If he didn't see it there is no way he can right a ticket for it.
Even the no tags if it was parked on Private property one is not required to have plates.

If this is the whole story it's sad that an officer would even waste him time.

flyin2jz
01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Yea the fairborn cops are pretty nasty. But look at the area its complete white ghetto. Just fight it. I doubt u will win because of the area that it happened in. They government there needs all the money they can considering the average home price there is around 50k. Kevin

tmotorsports
01-09-2008, 12:19 AM
We had a run in with the fairborn police way back in 1994 when the ford expo was still at Kil-kare.We went out to eat and was going back to the motel and stopped at a red light.I started to power brake my 91GT tires turned over once and squealed a little.My friend was behind me in his 90GT and decided to pwer brake his and when he did he did a burnout that would have won most burnout contests.You could only see headlights of car,it was engulfed in smoke.There was a cop parked behind uhaul trailer and we did not see him.Pulled out and busted my buddy.It was a 4th degree felony so they arrested him and wife and I had to bond him out.They never towed the car,let him drive it to the police station.He ended up getting off when he went back to court the following tuesday.He vowed to never go back to fairborn and has not to this day.

02mingryGT
01-09-2008, 09:09 AM
I doubt u will win because of the area that it happened in.

He'll win because it is against Ohio law. The officers may be jackasses but they can't make up the law as they go. When they do this kind of stuff they rely on peoples stupidity to just pay it out.

replicobra
01-09-2008, 11:19 AM
i'd fight it. a couple years ago in middletown i may have or may not have raced my friend's buick in my mustang and a woman called in and gave description of my car. 15 min later the couple of us that were still out in a parking lot got surrounded by about 5 cruisers. they screwed with me and patted me down for a weapon (which made me laugh). they tried to get me to say i did it. i didn't and they had to let us all go. they couldn't give me a ticket, because none of them seen anything happen.

stock5literlx
01-09-2008, 08:12 PM
i thought they had to see u conmit the crime before they write the ticket for stuff like that

Blowpastyou
01-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Thats what I thought, but apperently its not. My attorney said that if their are 3 or more police reports filled out with similar stories, that im probably going to pay the ticket if the cop shows up. So my question is..... Was this a citizen issued ticket or what. The cop sure didnt have a hand in shit but authority!!

replicobra
01-09-2008, 10:39 PM
unless that is a shithead neighborhood, what r the odds that many people really called. he probably tried to make it sound worse to get you to buy it.

Maximus
01-10-2008, 01:07 AM
You need to get with http://stangbangerz.com/forums/member.php?u=2379 and take some pictures of his Stang. Take em into court with you (along with pics of your Stang) and make your defense. Ask the cop (if he shows) if he is positive it was your Stang. Ask him if it couldve been another red and black stang (My Cousin Vinny) and then show the prick your pictures.:evilgrin:

CASE CLOSED MASS REJOICING AND PRICK WILL LOOK DUMB.....unfortunately for you, he WILL remember you from now on and get you for something else.

Good Luck!!:bigthumb

hchays
01-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Here is my two cents. I have been to court (in past years) for similar things. The one thing that I have found is that you are guilty until proven inocent. I would get that lawyer and make sure he is with you in court. I have tried it without and it does not work. You have to remember that the judge and the police are on the same team. I know it sucks but that is how it is in an area like that. Yes, they will make the law to fit their story. Without a lawyer there is nothing anyone is going to do (in the courtroom). I've been there and this is what happens. Good luck.........

Rick93coupe
01-10-2008, 03:39 PM
You need to get with http://stangbangerz.com/forums/member.php?u=2379 and take some pictures of his Stang. Take em into court with you (along with pics of your Stang) and make your defense. Ask the cop (if he shows) if he is positive it was your Stang. Ask him if it couldve been another red and black stang (My Cousin Vinny) and then show the prick your pictures.:evilgrin:

CASE CLOSED MASS REJOICING AND PRICK WILL LOOK DUMB.....unfortunately for you, he WILL remember you from now on and get you for something else.

Good Luck!!:bigthumb

Great idea! Prove it was me, prove it was my car. "Shouldn't be a problem considering you saw me...... Right?"

02mingryGT
01-11-2008, 01:33 PM
I did some rearch looking for the code on witnessing traffic violations and the only thing I could come up with is the radar gun or helicopter stuff. Basically an officer who did not witness your speeding violation can stop you if he receives a radio call from another officer. Doesn't pertain to your situation. I would fight it and then the police would have to have the witnesses testify. If they don't show up your free. It's kind of like running a school bus stop sign. If the driver reports your plate you can be issued a ticket. But he would have to testify to that if you fought it.

Greg Seibert
01-12-2008, 12:58 PM
The only thing I recall happening here in KY close to that was an off duty officer and his brother were hauling construction materials in a pickup trunk, when some lady cut them off changing lanes and speeding, causing them to swerve violently to miss her. The off duty cop pulled his cell phone and directly called his friend, the on duty patrolman and the lady was stopped a few miles up the road. The driver quickly stated to the patrolman that "you never saw me do it", just as the pickup truck with the two witnesses pulled up. Needless to say, the charges stuck.
As one can see, your case is somewhat different, as the Fairborn officer didn't apprehend you on a public road with the (non-cop) witnesses at the scene. In court, they will bring up your driving record and history, and the judge will generally look at these things related to the citation, and make his decision. Been there and done that. :D Good luck.:bigthumb

302coupe
01-12-2008, 09:31 PM
i would even fight the ticket for not plates because he didnt even see you drive it down the road the most he should have done was give you a vebal wraning thanks for the info about fairborn pd i know now not to get a job with them haha..

BOOSTGLI
01-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Bad News..... If the cop has witnesses of you driving wrecklessly and those witnesses show up to court, the judge can decide to take the witnesses side and assume you were driving dumb. To get in trouble the people who said you were driving wrecklessly has to be there. You are still in trouble with no tags though.

Blackout
01-21-2008, 04:41 PM
The law states that they have to see the crime in order to give a ticket for anything. I can't remember the area off hand, buy there was a city that gave the residents (who wanted them) hand held radar guns to catch people speeding. The courts rulled that it was unconstitutional for the city to write fines but they could write warnings. Just one more way people like to stick there nose were it don't belong.

Mista Bone
01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Greenhills, about 1990.