PDA

View Full Version : FORD OWN YOUR CAR AND ALL THE PHOTOS YOU TAKE OF IT!!!????

ihave1sweetride
01-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Ford has instructed CafePress.com (a printing website) to not print anything with any of their vehicles in it, regardless of who owns the copyright to the photo/who owns the vehicle.

Please visit the ongoing discussion in this thread:

http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42402

cobrajoe
01-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Damn, and I thought after you pay FORD all that money for YOUR car it was yours to do what you want with. Guess I better ask them if it's ok to tint my windows since it didn't come that way! I might be deviating from the original form and function of the factory installed windows!:confused::screwy:

cstreu1026
01-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I knew they were forcing businesses and such with anything ford or Mustang in their name to change or be dragged in to court. I say that the company is such poor condition financially that they are willing to drive away the people who support them in order to make a few bucks here and there. I know desperate times call for desperate measures but this is going to far. If its really their car even after we pay for it then shouldn't they be paying for the up keep?

cstreu1026
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM
And another thing.

Its shit like this that will likely keep me from ever buying another Ford product.

mustanginky
01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
man that is some horse shit. i can't believe they'd go that far. i dont know why they did something to hurt the aftermarket that has supported the mustang for years (like mustang tuning), but now we can't take pics of our own cars? WTF?

Rick93coupe
01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a perfectly good reason to boycott Ford products. I bet Henry is turning in his grave right about now.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-10-2008, 08:23 PM
It's getting to where i'm not so proud to be a Ford man anymore. I can tell you it'll be a cold day in hell before i ever buy a single vehicle from a Ford dealership. (sorry Beefcake!)

'92Stang
01-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Fugg it!! If I wanted a pinup for a car I'd have bought a ferrari!! I'll take a fox body, and a drag strip any day:D It is messed up though:rolleyes:

07thorobrd
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
i think that is absolutly crazy. my entire family has alwas owned for cars, my grandpa retired from ford and thats the thank that they give us. thats sad there is no loyalty anymore.

WCKDGT
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
it is messed up. its all about the license. if you get it licensed then your cool you can sell it. just like when you buy a mustang t-shirt, model, hat or anything that has to do w/ ford on the tag it will say officially licensed by ford motor company. ive seen G.M., budweiser and a bunch of other companys do this as well

NXStang
01-11-2008, 12:51 AM
God that is SO stupid....

may93
01-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Fords wasting their time because with todays technolligy when it comes to digital cameras and computers the average person can take the picture and print it out on their own personal labtop with the same clarity that Wal-Mart offers. Ford would be better off spending time trying to figure out why those of us who always bought new fords quit doing so. I could use a new truck but would rather break a leg than play the numbers game you get when you make the mistake of even stopping at a car lot.

mach_u
01-11-2008, 08:41 AM
That's absolute bull. Make me want to take my pictures somewhere and make my own calendar - just to spite them!

BigBadStang
01-11-2008, 09:43 AM
All this bullshit started with the record companies and their lawsuits started by the RIAA.
Did you know that the RIAA are claiming when anyone rips songs from a cd that they have purchased, and paid for, to use on their OWN PERSONAL Mp3 player, or computer, they are making "unauthorized copies" and could possibly be subjected to being sued by the RIAA for it. It's only a matter of time before any and all name branded, copyrighted "things" follow suit...all the greedy attorneys need is a precedence.

REDHOTGTGIRL
01-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I think the whole things is absurd! They should be supporting the enthusiasts who buy their vehicles and keep Ford in business. Calendars like that are in essence free advertisement for Ford. What's better than car owners praising their car for others to see?

92BlackStang
01-11-2008, 01:04 PM
that has to be a mix up that makes no since lol

R825OH
01-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Jen had a hardcover book made for me for Christmas from Winkflash,they didn't shut her down:rockon:

PonymanfiveO
01-11-2008, 03:24 PM
you guys better change your avatars before they come after you! :eek:

08 Vette
01-11-2008, 05:03 PM
It looks like I'm safe! LOL

BigBadStang
01-11-2008, 06:37 PM

Turncoat. :tongue2:

MrsAPE
01-11-2008, 06:39 PM

:lol: yeah yeah...for now.

Black92LX
01-13-2008, 06:15 PM
That's absolute bull. Make me want to take my pictures somewhere and make my own calendar - just to spite them!

You can do this and they would have no qualms about it.
Ford has a problem with Cafepress selling the items.
If you took the picture it is your copyright and you can do whatever you choose with it no matter what is in the picture. Granted certain laws apply.

If it's your picture that you took there is nothing they can do about it. Sure they can send you a letter to tell you to stop. Why because it works. But if it were actually to go to court they would never win.

If this were possible the paparazzi would be out of business. How many pictures with cars, clothing lines, purses, shoes, houses, restaurants, bars, what have you have been sold by the paparazzi???
It doesn't work like that. Sure Ford can send a letter telling you to stop but beyond that there is not much more they can do.

S197GT
01-13-2008, 07:55 PM
damn loos like we are all pirates.

vtecthis00
01-14-2008, 06:20 AM
Black92LX Had a very good point.

In all seriousness, this whole thing with Ford stinks. It seems like everyday are Bill of Rights are thrown out the window. The first ten amendments to the United States Constitution are words to live by. They were introduced to limit the powers of the federal government, protecting the rights of all citizens, residents and visitors on United States territory. Among the enumerated rights these amendments guarantee are: the freedoms of speech, press, and religion; the right to keep and bear arms; the freedom of assembly; the freedom to petition; and the rights to be free of unreasonable search and seizure; cruel and unusual punishment; and compelled self-incrimination. The Bill of Rights also restricts Congress' power by prohibiting it from making any law respecting establishment of religion and by prohibiting the federal government from depriving any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law. In addition, the Bill of Rights states that "the enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

I guess if you own a huge franchise or corporation you are allowed to construed or deny our rights.

What the heck are we letting the world come to?

Pops Fun
01-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Black92LX Had a very good point.

In all seriousness, this whole thing with Ford stinks. It seems like everyday are Bill of Rights are thrown out the window.

Stuff Deleted

What the heck are we letting the world come to?

Very well put! I agree, we have given up many rights. The question I ask is who is it that votes?? Unfortunately less than half the people vote at all. I think it is time for people to stand up and vote.

Steve

Black92LX
01-14-2008, 09:41 AM
I guess if you own a huge franchise or corporation you are allowed to construed or deny our rights.

Actually yes they can.
The Bill of Rights and The Constitution are restrictions upon the government and nothing more.

They don't apply to corporations.
You do not have the right to freedom of speech, press, petition, to bare arms, unlawful search and seizure when it comes to the private sector.

Though this is not an issue brought up by any of our constitutional rights. Yet a debate of the free market and how copyrighted material works.
In this case Ford is just hoping everyone they send a letter to is stupid enough to believe that just because a Ford product is in a photo it is theirs. That is not even true in the slightest.
A photo is copyright of whoever took it no matter what unless that photo has been copyrighted with the US copyright office and the rights sold.
In most instance Ford is handing you a empty bucket of water hoping you will believe it's full.

vtecthis00
01-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Wow I feel like an idiot.

Thanks Black92LX for that information.

Mabey thats the whole problem. Larger corporations haveing to much control in general. It seems like they pass more laws everyday giving them even more control. The bill of rights may only protect us from government. BUT In my Belief it's corporations that actually run the show anyways. Many companies in their "Code of Ethics" and/or "Policies and Procedures" say that they go along with state and federal laws. Which includes the Bill of Rights. I would think Ford would be no different.

You would think that they produce a product, you buy the product, and the product is yours.

But I guess thats to simple to be the point.