PDA

View Full Version : I need some brake help

Rick93coupe
01-11-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm switching my car over to the MM manual brake kit. I'll be calling them to get a MC recommendation, but I want to clean up that area as much as possible and make some room. I need to come off the MC into the line lock, then out to both front PBR calipers. I thought about replacing the factory hard lines and running Stainless braided all the way (on the front). For the rear I have a willwood proportioning valve that needs to be installed.

Admittedly I'm not good with brakes, and paid someone to install my last line lock. With this new setup I want it to not only look top notch, but use whatever it takes for a nice professional install. If you think you can help me out, I'd be more than happy to feed you / beer you / or put some jingle in your pocket for some help. If you have any good ideas, or you've done something like this, let me know!

MFIELD
01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Hey Rick call a brother.

Rob
01-11-2008, 11:03 PM
I would not run braided all of the way, but use it just on the ends. I will help you if you still need it done. My car has all stainless steel hard line with braided at the ends, Willwood brakes and proportioning valve also. Pm me if you need any help :bigthumb

Rick93coupe
01-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Hey Rick call a brother.

PM me your number Mike, I lost my last phone with the damn sim card :bangwall:

Rick93coupe
01-12-2008, 12:05 AM
I would not run braided all of the way, but use it just on the ends. I will help you if you still need it done. My car has all stainless steel hard line with braided at the ends, Willwood brakes and proportioning valve also. Pm me if you need any help :bigthumb

Thanks Rob, I'll get back with you on that. I've got a bastard setup, so I need to figure out what fitting and things I'm going to need. I've got PBR's going up front, with the Maximum motorsports manual brake conversion, a 93 cobra MC(2 port), a linelock and 98 explorer rear discs! I can't believe nobody makes a kit for this!:D