PDA

View Full Version : a car i am thinking about getting

boosted 98
01-15-2008, 12:53 PM
what do you guy think, do you think i would loose my ass on it?

$15,000.00
You are bidding on a 99 Mustang with a 532 Big Block Ford Stroker in it. This is 1 of a kind. This is definitely a head turner. It was definitely a hard task putting this car together. As far as I know this is the only 99 I've ever seen with a big block in it. The fun begins once the tires hit the pavement. She is a handful on the street. It will smoke the tires very easily!!!!! The only reason I'm selling is due to purchasing an 86 turbo charged Mustang. I can't afford to have two expensive toys my wife said one had to go. I originally built the engine to put in a 69 Mustang but found this 99 and thought this would be one Bada$$ ride for the street. I put a lot of sweat and blood (!@#$ headers) into putting this baby together and I really hate to see her go.

The engine is a FORD 532 stroker big block

Compression is 10.6 to 1 (Pump gas 93 Octane)
D0VE Block same webbing as 4 bolt main block but it is only 2 bolt (STRONG BLOCK)
Canton main girdle
Canton oil pan
Xs torque starter
Scat Crank
Tci balancer
Eagle Rods
Hardened pushrods
Harland Sharp Rocker Arms
Aluminum SCJ John Kaase heads
Blue Thunder 429 competition valve covers
Head studs
Hooker headers
Victor 460 Intake
1050 Dominator
MSD Billet Distributor
MSD 6ALN ignition box
Cam research Hyd flat tapped gross valve lift: INT. 588 / EX.614 Lobe sep.110 deg.
Double roller timing chain
March Billet Pulley Setup
Hooker Headers
Performance Automatic Super Comp RACE C-4 with reverse manual valve body and Transbrake (but has not been wired up)
JW ULTRA BELL
PTC Torque Converter flashes 4500
B & M Hammer Shifter
Aluminum Driveshaft
Auburn Pro Posi Unit 373 Gears
Lakewood traction bars
Delta Flow Flowmasters with custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust system
Griffin 3 Core Radiator with Electric fan
Tubular K-member w/Coil Overs
Auto Meter sport comp monster tach with shift light
Auto Meter Pro-Comp Water temp gauge
Mallory fuel pressure regulator

Dyno at 455 RWH with loose converter (4500) need to have a 3000-3500 stall.

Delk Performance said :The engine is making between 650 to 670 horsepower at the crank shaft and that the Torque converter is to lose and is robbing horsepower from the engine.

I have all the DYNO sheets that will go with the car.

The car is a 1999 35th Anniversary edition with black and silver leather interior. The car is cleaned up pretty nice inside. The car could use a paint job. I bought the car with a blown up engine in it and removed it to add just a few more cubic inches. 532 to be exact. The wheels on the car look good but two of them are bent. I purchased these from a friend with hopes of repairing the damage he did to them. I have checked a few places and they said they could not fix them due to the material they are made of. They ride fine on the street but you can tell two of the wheels are bent. The wheels cost about $400 a piece so hopefully the winning buyer can get some use out of them. I also have the stock rims which I will include with the car.

BUHBYY
01-15-2008, 01:07 PM
pics of the car ?? drivetrain may be worth what he is asking , does it look like a sleeper or is it gaudy ???

mustangboy
01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
The car looks pretty nice but I think the price is a little steep. Does the car still need a hood? It needs the front bumper painted to match. You would want to see if you could even match the wheels or just sell them and put some a little more appropriate. BTW the wheels aren't that bad just a little blingy for my taste. What kind of suspension mods have been done other than the k-member? Honestly if the car were completely finished and had at least moderate suspension under it you may not lose your ass. However since the chassis is almost completely stock and needs a little paint work, hood, wheels, new converter and whatever other small details. I would think $11-12k would be a horrible deal. Let us know how it goes. Oh yeah does it have a clean title? Also he did not mention fuel system, I would make sure it is a good one properly plumbed cause an engine that size like to drink ALOT of fuel.

1992MustangDW
01-15-2008, 03:51 PM
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1064412/99-Mustang-GT-Big-Block-532-FAST-.html

boosted 98
01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
thanks for the post i couldnt figure it out, the drivetrain is only worth what someone is willing to pay, im sure he has more than that in the car, or pretty close. that just seems like a lot of money,plus i would think it would make a lot more power than it did even with the wrong converter.

cstreu1026
01-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Yeah I would have thought it would have made more power...loose converter or not.

1992MustangDW
01-15-2008, 10:18 PM
i couldnt find a hole lot more cars i would buy though, ive never seen a 99 with a big block, its got my vote