PDA

View Full Version : Need to borrow tool!! ASAP!

shep
01-16-2008, 12:20 AM
was wondering if anyone on here has a fender well roller so i can roll out my fenders some. just put new tires on today and the tire are scrapping when i hit bumps (lowered beater). if i could use it one afternoon, or i can come over and do it in the drive, i would be perfectly ok with that...i just dont want to chew up my new tires!
Thanks!!!!
Shep

mustangboy
01-16-2008, 12:49 AM
BFH!! I have always just taken a 3lb mini sledge and just gently worked my way back and forth.

Rick93coupe
01-16-2008, 01:10 AM
You can also use a piece of wood to soften the blow.

JonS
01-16-2008, 07:47 AM
I've got one, but it's out on loan to a guy I don's see very often.:lol: However I think it is a big ol POS. I ended up using a whiz wheel to cut the lip off instead.

plated
01-16-2008, 08:14 AM
jack the rearend up let the rear suspension stretch wedge a baseball bat between the tire and wheel well and go to town works killer if u get the hang of it,use a little ductape on the paint before you do it,maybe even wrap the ball bat with some duct tape

shep
01-16-2008, 01:30 PM
jack the rearend up let the rear suspension stretch wedge a baseball bat between the tire and wheel well and go to town works killer if u get the hang of it,use a little ductape on the paint before you do it,maybe even wrap the ball bat with some duct tape

hmmm sounds interesting.....i think i will have to try that today or tomm....i hope to hell get the hang of it haha

Black Horse
01-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Ball bat works great!

Kevin Doe
01-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Or you could call my good friend Ty. He rents out the Eastwood Fender roller. I used it on my RX-7 and it did a fantastic job. He lives just across the river in KY.

Tell him Kevin refered you!

Phone: 859-360-3354
Email: tcsmotorsports@gmail.com
AIM: tcsmotorsports

shep
01-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Or you could call my good friend Ty. He rents out the Eastwood Fender roller. I used it on my RX-7 and it did a fantastic job. He lives just across the river in KY.

Tell him Kevin refered you!

Phone: 859-360-3354
Email: tcsmotorsports@gmail.com
AIM: tcsmotorsports

thanks man, ill keep that in mind if i cant get the bat thing to work very well.

Kevin Doe
01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
thanks man, ill keep that in mind if i cant get the bat thing to work very well.

Save your paint while you still can. You're 100% likely to crack your paint using a baseball bat. With the rental, Ty also includes an adjustable temperature heat gun. It made rolling my fenders a breeze, and no cracks in the paint.

hchays
01-20-2008, 10:40 AM
He's right, if you have never used a bat to roll you will crack your paint (90% chance).