PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield

shep
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM
saw a sneak preview last night of it. I would suggest not to eat before because the entire movie is done from a VHS recorder and is real shaky. Also, might sound weird, but i would sit in the back rows...i think if you sat any closer it probably would have been to much, like i think you would miss things. It was only an hour and 15 minutes long. I thought it was pretty good...more sophisticated than Godzilla thats for sure!!!I would make sure you see it in theaters just because the sound system helps the movie that much more!!
Enjoy

347sc
01-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Do you see the monster at all?

shep
01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
yeah...toward the end....pretty crazy lookin SOB.

Qtr milerocket
01-18-2008, 02:06 PM
I also had an early preview at the "Rave" and yeah I agree 100% on the theatre sound and seating level as me and the wife were in the top level as well (I couldn't imagine watching it at gound level), it's a very intense/suspenseful rollercoaster ride that'll have you on the edge of your seat. I just wish it were longer though, but I'm going to have to see it again as we didn't stay for all of the end credits. ;)

Peace :cool2:

James

mach_u
01-18-2008, 03:01 PM
I also had an early preview at the "Rave" and yeah I agree 100% on the theatre sound and seating level as me and the wife were in the top level as well (I couldn't imagine watching it at gound level), it's a very intense/suspenseful rollercoaster ride that'll have you on the edge of your seat. I just wish it were longer though, but I'm going to have to see it again as we didn't stay for all of the end credits. ;)

James
If I'm not mistaken Rave uses all Klipsch products for their speakers?

Qtr milerocket
01-18-2008, 03:05 PM

Wow!! I wasn't aware of that but every time I go there the sound experience is 2nd to none..........probably those Klipschs!! :bigthumb

James

REDHOTGTGIRL
01-18-2008, 04:19 PM

Such a geek!

I've been wanting to see Cloverfield, but I'm not sure if I can handle the shakiness, those type of movies typically make me motion sick. Glad to hear it was pretty good, we'll have to see if I get the nerve to try.

DeckerEnt
01-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Popcorn bags double as puke bags. Go for it.
Keith

02mingryGT
04-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Watched this last night on DVD. Thought was pretty good but the ending sucked. It was your typical Hollywood style "sci fi" movie but very entertaining.

NaomiDstangLvr
05-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I hated the movie...

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I haven't watched it yet but my mom bought the DVD and told me it's the worst movie she's ever seen. She said it's basically an American Godzilla.

02mingryGT
05-05-2008, 09:53 AM
I haven't watched it yet but my mom bought the DVD and told me it's the worst movie she's ever seen. She said it's basically an American Godzilla.

Yep, that's what it is.