PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running a hydraulic throw out bearing on their fox 5 speed?

5.0calypso93lx
01-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone was running a hydraulic throw out bearing on their fox body. I was over on astro performance's website looking at Tremec 3550 stuff, and noticed their hydraulic throw out bearing kit. How does it work? Do you have to run a seperate clutch cylinder or can you use your master cylinder and T off some extra lines?

Timido
01-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I was planning on a hydraulic set up on my T-5 in the Vomet. I was going to use a wilwood pedal, Willwood 3/4" master cylinder, CNC External slave on a custom t-5 Bracket. If you have a Clutch pedal allready you can make a pushrod to a 3/4" master cylinder then you would need a line and a slave set up.

Timido
01-21-2008, 02:44 PM
http://midnightdsigns.com/Mustang/HYD%20Clutch.htm Thats what I was going to do with the wilwood master and pedal set up.

Where is the Astro Performace link to there set up?

Black Horse
01-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Some of the American Iron guys ran the hydraulic clutch set-up on their racers. I don't remeber the brand they used, but they definately had to run a seperate clutch cylinder (Tilton). The one problem with the 3550's is the limited clearance to install and work on it (bleeding it can be a bitch) and the stroke is limited as well (right at the limit). But it beats the hell out of burnt and failed clutch cables during a race!

If you want I can make a couple of calls and see what set-up they used.

5.0calypso93lx
01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
http://midnightdsigns.com/Mustang/HYD%20Clutch.htm Thats what I was going to do with the wilwood master and pedal set up.

Where is the Astro Performace link to there set up?

I was just looking at their TKO 600 setup, and the fourth item down is the hydraulic TOB:

http://www.astroperformance.com/product_info.php/products_id/347

He says that it runs up to the stock master cylinder?

5.0calypso93lx
01-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Some of the American Iron guys ran the hydraulic clutch set-up on their racers. I don't remeber the brand they used, but they definately had to run a seperate clutch cylinder (Tilton). The one problem with the 3550's is the limited clearance to install and work on it (bleeding it can be a bitch) and the stroke is limited as well (right at the limit). But it beats the hell out of burnt and failed clutch cables during a race!

If you want I can make a couple of calls and see what set-up they used.

Thanks for the offer Dave, but this looks quite a bit more complicated than what I want to get into.

Timido
02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
That statment made on promotion about running the stock clutch master cylinder is because it is a kit for 2005 and up mustangs that have Hydraulic clutch standand.

MFIELD
02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
We run a hydraulic unit in ARCA cars. Quartermaster or Tilton. They are not to bad to use but you definatly need a seperate master cyl. the nice thing is how you can adjust the spacing with shims. Hey Dave we ran a braided line out of the TOB and hung it out of the opening in the bell with a bleeder on it. Made it much easier.

Black Horse
02-04-2008, 11:02 PM
We run a hydraulic unit in ARCA cars. Quartermaster or Tilton. They are not to bad to use but you definatly need a seperate master cyl. the nice thing is how you can adjust the spacing with shims. Hey Dave we ran a braided line out of the TOB and hung it out of the opening in the bell with a bleeder on it. Made it much easier.

Good idea!