PDA

View Full Version : NO TIME DISPLAYED TRACK RENTAL KilKare

2qwk4u
01-23-2008, 11:18 PM
So its that time of year again....time to start planning the next track rental. Im planning on changing things up this year. How would you guys feel about a track rental where no time is displayed on the overheads. You will still get your time ticket, well, your half of the ticket, anyway. Perfect for grudge racing, TNT your car without tipping your hand.

This is how I see it working, but am open to ideas. I think it will be thru the week, like a normal TNT, just not on Thursday. Maybe a Tuesday. Lanes 1 and 2 will be for grudge match racing only. Set up your run, line up and put the benchracing to the test. THE BULLSHIT STOPS WHEN THE LIGHTS DROP. All other lanes will be TNT style, run when your lane runs. It will cost $15 to get your tech card, $5 to specatators over the age of 11, just as a normal test and tune. Vote in the poll, and throw out any ideas. I'd like to turn the grudge racing into some sort of event within the night, but dont know exactly how it would work...LMK

-Bill

Dirtyd0g
01-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Time display only shows everyone else what you have.
For that matter lets just race the 60, which would leave my bird room to impress. No power & high stall+gear= decent 60 & poor overall et.
Eh maybe I should actively start my motor swap instead of hoping it gets sick of waiting for me and does it itself.
Alan

92BlackStang
01-24-2008, 10:57 AM
That sounds like a plan , Lots of guys dont run bc they dont want anyone to see what they run, im down lmk when..

Maximus
01-24-2008, 12:15 PM
What date are you planning to do this?

Sounds like fun. Im sure Ill be calling some people out....well, IF I get my car done.:)

MrsAPE
01-24-2008, 12:18 PM
What date are you planning to do this?

Sounds like fun. Im sure Ill be calling some people out....well, IF I get my car done.:)

You can borrow mine! :D

bobtsgt
01-24-2008, 12:24 PM
I think its a great idea. Oh and Craig your call will be done in time. Scott is going to go over and help Rob with everything :D

Maximus
01-24-2008, 12:26 PM
I think its a great idea. Oh and Craig your call will be done in time. Scott is going to go over and help Rob with everything :D

DOH!!:eek:

white01
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
I'd be in if its a go! I need to get the truck back to the track and see what heads it will turn:D.

Rich

replicobra
01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
that would be fun. i know a handful of guys that like to hide thier hands.

BLACKHAWK
01-24-2008, 01:39 PM
this is what i have wanted for years, if all the tracks would do this, the amount of street racing would go down, i think.

People could run for each others entry fees or more, some good old fender racin

it would be great to settle some grudge matches and no risk for the license

Good to see somebody trying to get this setup

WYLDFANTASYX
01-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Awesome idea, I wish they would do this as a regular event sometimes...

Blacksunshine
01-24-2008, 08:00 PM
this is what i have wanted for years, if all the tracks would do this, the amount of street racing would go down, i think.

People could run for each others entry fees or more, some good old fender racin

it would be great to settle some grudge matches and no risk for the license

Good to see somebody trying to get this setup

Nice pic of the car Buddy... !! This sounds like fun. I have no gruge but I'm sure I can find one...lol Yo Gene , where's your car...JUst kidding ya.

2qwk4u
01-24-2008, 08:36 PM
In Florida, it was as simple as putting N/T under your tech number...all you see it the tree, the pass, and the win lite.

It encourages match money racing, without the hazzards of doing it on the highway...which we did in florida too, but before the rice craze.

Its also fun to listen to people speculate how fast this or that car is, and moreover, how they justify their opinions.

Let me know what you guys think...if its on a weekend, it will cost more, but we'll have the track all day. If we do it on a weekday...lets say...NO TIME TUESDAY's or something, maybe we could get it going every week or every other.

All the other times Ive rented KK, its been around $25 per car for the weekend.

PaulFiveOh
01-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Black Sunshine- Resize you sig pic!

I'm in for track rental.

2qwk4u
01-24-2008, 08:42 PM
It would be easier to test the waters thru the week, cause its cheaper to cover if we dont get the car count we need. also, if we DO get a good turn out, the powers that be at KK, will be more likely to make it a regular event.

Its hard to speculate when we'll doit, I dont want to clash with other events...like last year, when we had our dragday same day as xfest...it was an ordeal to say the least

bobtsgt
01-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Let us know when your looking to try the first one out and hopefully it will be a catching craze