PDA

View Full Version : Anybody built a kegerator?

mach_u
01-27-2008, 10:36 PM
We are in the process of completely redoing our basement and we are putting in a new bar. I have an old fridge that was down there from the previous bar and I am hoping to put that in the unfinished area, put a 1/4 barrel in and run tap lines to the new bar top. Anybody had experience with this? There are so many kits out online to use, just not 100% sure which one to go with. If somebody is willing to lend a hand, they can helps themselves to as much beer as they can drink once it's all done. :bigthumb :chug::cheers:

PaulFiveOh
01-27-2008, 10:51 PM
There not tooo tooo expensive to buy.

Bestbuy ( I know right...) has a stainless one for about $600

DeckerEnt
01-28-2008, 12:11 AM
I see a SBZ Party out of this. Let us know.
Keith

PaulFiveOh
01-28-2008, 12:21 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8193527&type=product&id=1164157296116&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8193527

92coupe
01-28-2008, 01:05 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8193527&type=product&id=1164157296116&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8193527

They had that one on sale a while back for $399.99

Black92LX
01-28-2008, 03:34 AM
YOU WILL GET FAT!!!!!!!!

I don't miss my Kegerator one bit.
I drank way too much.
My senior year of college we were close to 10 kegs a month. We topped out at 25 a couple times towards the end of school. When we had some good parties.

mach_u
01-28-2008, 08:40 AM

Sams the same one for more than $100 less BUT I already have an undersink fridge going in. This is an old fridge that is not in use any more and I want to run 12 feet or so of 3/16 beer line and mount a tap on the new bar top. This is what I have been looking at so far:
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kits/tkk.shtml - and it's a whole hell of a lot cheaper than $600! ;)

Keith
I'm sure there will be something in the works! :bigthumb

YOU WILL GET FAT!!!!!!!!

I drank way too much.
My senior year of college we were close to 10 kegs a month. We topped out at 25 a couple times towards the end of school. When we had some good parties.
That's a risk I'm willing to take! :lol: 10 kegs a month? Damn, that's a little excessive! haha Honestly though, I don't drink THAT much beer now and don't plan on starting too but it's nice to have a 1/4 barrel and have it keep fresh for awhile and have draft beer available when you want it. :bigthumb

mach_u
01-28-2008, 08:47 AM

Sams the same one for more than $100 less BUT I already have an undersink fridge going in. This is an old fridge that is not in use any more and I want to run 12 feet or so of 3/16 beer line and mount a tap on the new bar top. This is what I have been looking at so far:
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kits/tkk.shtml - and it's a whole hell of a lot cheaper than $600! ;)

Keith
I'm sure there will be something in the works! :bigthumb

YOU WILL GET FAT!!!!!!!!

I drank way too much.
That's a risk I'm willing to take! :lol: 10 kegs a month? Damn, that's a little excessive! haha Honestly though, I don't drink THAT much beer now and don't plan on starting too but it's nice to have a 1/4 barrel and have it keep fresh for awhile and have draft beer available when you want it. :bigthumb

Black92LX
01-28-2008, 12:21 PM

Senior year all we did was drink. defiantly drank too much. But it is defiantly nice to just have a keg around all the time.

BUHBYY
01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
AJ the beverage distributor down on route 50 sold me everything lines pump etcand gave me all the directions for around 50 dollars and he answered all my questions over the phone and when I first had it done we were drinking around a 1/4 barrell a week now I can not remember the last time I used it , ask Evil Capri it does work real good when used :cool2:

redripper
01-28-2008, 04:34 PM
We got ours online and the freezer at hhgreg scratch and dent. I think the whole thing was like 300 bux. Plus bought a thermostat for the freezer to keep it at 35 degrees.

redripper
01-28-2008, 04:37 PM
beveragefactory.com

mach_u
01-28-2008, 05:33 PM
beveragefactory.com
I've had several people mention them now. I notice they sell a lot on Ebay. They will definitely be on the list to call

AJ the beverage distributor down on route 50 sold me everything lines pump etcand gave me all the directions for around 50 dollars and he answered all my questions over the phone and when I first had it done we were drinking around a 1/4 barrell a week now I can not remember the last time I used it , ask Evil Capri it does work real good when used :cool2:
That seems really cheap! I will need to check them out. Did that include the CO2 tank as well?

PaulFiveOh
01-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Party at AJs.

Black Hole
01-28-2008, 07:06 PM
If mine wasn't built into my bar, I'd give ya mine.

I only ran a few 1/4 barrels through mine......I found that either I was drinking too much, or the beer would just sit and go flat.

I just stock the fridge with bottles now. ;)

REDHOTGTGIRL
01-28-2008, 09:01 PM
If mine wasn't built into my bar, I'd give ya mine.

I only ran a few 1/4 barrels through mine......I found that either I was drinking too much, or the beer would just sit and go flat.

I just stock the fridge with bottles now. ;)

That's what I keep telling him, but he has a dream and who am I to keep a man from his kegerator. :lol:

mach_u
01-28-2008, 10:32 PM
That's what I keep telling him, but he has a dream and who am I to keep a man from his kegerator. :lol:
I knew I married you for a good reason! :D