PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Harmony One

Paul408Notch
02-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Well my wife bought me a Harmony 880 a couple of years ago for my birthday for full price at Best Buy, and they even suckered her into the 2-year replacement plan. So now that it's been 20 months, and Logitech released the Harmony One, I decided to take the 880 over and say it was "broken." They gave me the full purchase price from June of 06, and I picked up the new one. They even let me buy the 2 year replacement deal on it again for 39 more bucks, so come 2010, I'll swap it for the latest one. Not too bad of a racket I guess.

Anyway, it's sitting on the charger downstairs right now, but from the minute or so of use out of the box before the battery went totally dead, it's a good replacement for the 880. Very similar functionality, but has an iPhone - style touchscreen on it instead of a regular LCD, a sliggtly better key layout, and a much more solid feel. It looks a lot cooler too.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/3898&cl=us,en

IEATLT1
02-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I love my harmony remote.... anyone with mixed branded stuff they are a must have....

FireStang02
02-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Is it RF out of the box or do you need to buy the remote box thingy?

Paul408Notch
02-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Is it RF out of the box or do you need to buy the remote box thingy?

It's not RF. You have to buy the add-on, or buy the 890. I would imagine they'll come out with one that has the RF with it within a couple of months.