PDA

View Full Version : lowering question

srootster
02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
excuse my ignorance, but are caster/camber plates necessary when lowering a 98 cobra 1.5"? i'm gonna be running eibach pro's. i just want to restore factory suspension settings, nothing radical. gracias!

mustangrfast88
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
i would get them and depending on milage might want to replace ball joints

Black Horse
02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
They will probably not be required. Once you drop your ride, have an alignment shop re-adjust everything. If they can't get it where it needs to be you may need the plates. A 1-1/2" drop should not require plates.

The only real benefit of the Caster/Camber Plates for the street is to help you adjust after lowering and the ability to pull your Caster all the way back for better handling/turning. If you arnen't going to be driving competitively and you can get on spec without needing them, save your money!

srootster
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
that's what i was after. i figured 1-1/2" wouldn't warrant plates but wasn't sure. i never had them on my foxes and never had an issue that i know of. i just don't want to eat high-dollar front tires. i don't mind spending the coin on them if they will help, but if they're not necessary then that's just more mod money to go somewhere else. thanks!

srootster
02-06-2008, 04:04 PM
i would get them and depending on milage might want to replace ball joints

the cars only got 27k pampered miles on it.