PDA

View Full Version : Starting issue??????

hchays
02-06-2008, 06:37 PM
I would like to know if anyone can tell me what this sounds like to them. When you go to start the car when it is cold or cooled down after driving, it will not start. When you turn the key to acc. the fan comes on and the injectors sound like they are running. Then you turn the key and it cranks but seems like it is not getting any spark. But if you leave the key on acc for about a minute the fan goes off and the car will start right up. When it starts it seems like it has been flooded. It runs fine other then this issue???????

vypastang
02-06-2008, 08:29 PM
sounds like your injectors are leaking??

PaulFiveOh
02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Try this-

Hold the accelerator clear down to the floor while cranking. Doing this as your prob know cuts off the injectors and will confirm if its a fuel problem.

hchays
02-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Already tried that. It is a spark issue for sure. I just don't know why the fan comes on and stays running and the injectors sound like they are running, but there is no spark????? It sounds like there is a bad relay on sensor, just don't know which.... Something is send a bad signal.......

PaulFiveOh
02-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Stupid question:

Can you hear your fuel pump prime?

hchays
02-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes, the fuel pump is working. I have a gauge on the rail and it has 40# with the key on acc. It is getting fuel. Like I said when the fan stops running after a minute or so and the car starts up it seems like something is sending the injectors a signal to spray. But that is not the real issue. I can't figure out what is making it lose spark for that minute.

PaulFiveOh
02-06-2008, 09:24 PM
See, I guess I don't understand how the fan system works, which I understand is not important because its a symptom of what ever the real problem is.

I would put a meter on your batt and watch for a small difference in voltage during the time it wont start compared to the time it will start. Also do the same but in line to test current draw and see if something is sucking big power during that min that it wont start.....maybe a coil on a relay gone bad or even something in the fan system??

If the voltage/amperage levels remain the same during both times in which it can and can not start, then I would guess its a ECU issue. You could test that (well not test, but start trouble shooting) by looking at the voltage levels coming in to the primaries on the coil.
That would be my first steps.