PDA

View Full Version : getting started

TONYT
02-06-2008, 10:13 PM
just got ahold to a nice 2000 vert gt,been into the fox thang,and was wondering where do ya start on theses mod motors to get the peep in their step,

Mr.Moontang
02-06-2008, 10:16 PM
With a large mountain of money...

vypastang
02-06-2008, 11:10 PM

and then a pothole of money for when something breaks :bigthumb

JET50213
02-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Geez!!! It's only money guys.....what are you saving it for???

Anyway, Gears and a tune are the best I've done so far. I did a 430 gear which is really fun. I have gotten in the low 13's at 101. I believe I will be taching out on the big end once I dip into the 12's. I also broke an axle with MT drag radials and 240 rwhp.
CAI
gear
shifter
sticky tires
dyno tune/SCT xcal2
throttle body
31 spline trac loc/moser axles
waiting to go on:
Mac long tubes
UPR Kmember with coil overs

srootster
02-07-2008, 09:32 AM
bypass all the bolt-ons and go straight to a supercharger. mods seem to love boost. gears are your best bang for your buck though. you won't be making any more power but it will sure feel like a different car. if you want to stick with bolt-ons i'd go:

gears (4:30 if manual trans)
cat-back and x or h pipe
remove silencer from airbox or go cold air intake
underdrive pulleys
good tune

there doesn't seem to be much love for mod motors on this board. you may want to stop over at www.modularfords.com for some more ideas.

FMGT1999
02-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Gears and ehuast to start with... and then more money :D

Good luck,
Kyle

vypastang
02-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Geez!!! It's only money guys.....

not everyone has it.....rich ass.....haha j/k

honestly though id go with bypass of the bolt ons as well, go for the supercharger. i went with the bolt ons and now i have the supercharger so i def regret going with the bolt ons...... except for the exhaust.

bobtsgt
02-07-2008, 06:50 PM
mod motors aren't much for displacement. power adders make the fun factor go through the roof.

JET50213
02-07-2008, 11:20 PM
In hindsight, I wish I would have just saved up for the supercharger. I'll get it eventually. It's just hard to wait!

Mr.Moontang
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
How strange it is to quote your self...but here is what my large mountain of money bought me:

Modifications:
Engine:
Foxlake stage 2 heads with Comp Cams 262's, Ferrea oversized valves, bronze guide liners, and Viton seals, Manley springs, powder coated Foxlake P51 intake & valve covers, painted front cover, March Sfi (liquid filled) underdrive crank pulley & billet underdrive alterator pulley, Anderson Ford Motorsports Power Pipe with a 10" Anderson Ford Motorsports powerstack air filter, Pro-M shorty 83mm M.A.F., Acufab 75mm throttle body, CPR fuel rails, NGK TR-6 spark plugs, Ford Motorsports 180 degree thermostat, SCT chip with Modular Depot tune, SLP ceramic coated long tube headers, SLP offroad X-pipe, SLP Loudmouth II exhaust, Ford Racing oil filter, Mobil 1 synthetic oil, Royal purple "Purple ice" coolant additive, Miziere electric water pump with a relay kit, Optima redtop battery, UPR stage 3 underhood dress up kit in brushed, MRT hood struts.

Transmission & Rear end:
2003 Mach 1 TR-3650, Spec stage 2 clutch, Spec flywheel, Steeda quadrant and cable, MGW shifter, GM Synchro mesh fluid, Ford Motorsport aluminum driveshaft, Ford Motorsport 410 gears, MAC rear end girdle,Royal Purple MAX synthetic gear oil.

Chassis:
Tokico (fox body) struts and (new edge) shocks, Eibach sportline springs, Steeda offset rack bushings, Steeda ball joints, Steeda bump steer kit, Steeda 4 bolt caster/camber plates, Flaming River intermediate steering shaft, UPR (solid) upper and lower control arms, 18x9 & 18x10 silver deep dish FR500 replicas, Ford Racing center caps, Nitto 275/35/18 555 "Extreme ZR" & 305/35/18 NT-555R "Extreme drag radials", Paul's Automotive Engineering weld in long subframe connectors, Wilwood Billet Superlite 6 piston calipers, PolyMatrix brake pads, machined aluminum hats, and 14" GT directional vane rotors with stainless brake lines in front with Earl's fittings, Danny Pop alignment.

Body:
Laser red, Mach 1 chin spoiler painted body color, Mach 1 three piece grill delete with flamed pony, Bullitt fuel door, shortened antenna, Steeda Q400 louvered hood, Steeda race wing with billit winglets, 35th anniversary honeycomb rear panel, satin black front & rear bumper centers, custom House of Kolor magenta/gold flip flop panted side spears & hood center, shaved side emblems, rolled rear fenders, Ford Motorsports stainless hoodpins, tinted windows, Sylvania silverstar headlight and driving light bulbs, Bosch Icon wipers, MQQN personalized plates.

Interior:
Mach 1 silver console trim, Mach 1 billitt shift ball, FR500 steering wheel, Md Motorsports switch panel/coin holder delete, Autometer lunar guage cluster, MSD shift light, MGW brushed headlight switch, Summit sport seats in tan vinyl, Rear seat delete/sub box and amplifier rack in tan vinyl, 2 Kicker VR Competition 12 inch subwoofers, Kicker DS coaxial 6x8 inch front and rear speakers, Kicker ZX350.4 and ZX400.1 amplifiers, Kicker bass control, JVC KW-AVX706 In-dash DVD player 6.5" video screen with Sirrus satellite radio receiver, UPR brushed hvac control knobs, Valintine1 radar/laser detector hard wired, Ford Motor Co. rubber "Pony" floor mats.

Comments:
316 RWH 317 RWT "No it's not done!!!"

OrangeStang04
02-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Spray the bitch

92BlackStang
02-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Spray the bitch
:bigthumb:bigthumb
just make sure you have a bigger fuel pump to be safe.