PDA

View Full Version : Clutch to floor when starting...

50dan
02-10-2008, 12:47 AM
My damn left calf is killing me!! I have to bury the clutch pedal into the carpet for it to start. Is there a switch that needs replaced?

92coupe
02-10-2008, 01:05 AM
Either needs replaced or adjusted.

orange93stang
02-28-2008, 09:50 PM
sounds like you just need to replace your clutch cable. If it is stock they tend to get stretched out. The best thing to do is replace it with an adjustable one. BBK sells a good one at a good price.

Black Hole
02-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Could be the cable....or the quadrant....or the switch....or the bracket holding the switch. :dunno: Hard to tell without seeing it in person, but I'd check those items, last to first.

sounds like you just need to replace your clutch cable. If it is stock they tend to get stretched out. The best thing to do is replace it with an adjustable one. BBK sells a good one at a good price.
Exact opposite in my experience. Adjustable cable used to compensate for some knock-off POS parts (quadrant and firewall adjuster) left me stuck on the side of the road this past summer. Try getting a slammed Cobra on a rollback when there's nothing to hook the winch to. :mad:

Stock cable with UPR quadrant & firewall adjuster is what I'm running now. No problems. :D