PDA

View Full Version : way off gas gague and volt gauge.

Ryan218
02-10-2008, 09:12 PM
when i put my new gauges in i dont think i got two of the six gauges on in the same location where you pulled the neddles off. ( my fault i was in a hurry to see how they would look :( ) anyway. for the gas gauge. i ran out of gas but lucky coasted into a gas station ( aint that luck! ) it said i still had a half tank but they wasent right...put gas in and fired right up. ( tank was bone and i been bone dry ) kicked it and it was just a hollow echo ) so when i fill up the neddle way back to where i cant see...( see pic # 1 )...so when the neddle got to the full mark i put 10 bucks in gas in and got around 3.1 gallons in it. neddle went back up. Drove 91! miles and then the neddle just settled back on the full mark...now i know for a fact there is no way in hell that i went 91 miles on 3 gallons of gas. so how can i get my gas gauge to be extra. Can i just fill my tank all the way up and put the neddle back in the full mark?

pic.

what about for my volt gauge? can i do the same. with the car off put the neddle back at the bottom.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/untitled-3.jpg

8NO4CYL
02-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I had to leave my dash half apart and run the car to normal temp then adjusted to where they normally were. I adjusted the gas gauge after I went down and filled the tank.

PaulFiveOh
02-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Wow. Your mustang gets great mileage!!

haha j/k

Adams89
02-15-2008, 12:49 PM
What kind of guages do you have? OEM or aftermarket. I just replaced my original dash cluster with all Autometer ultra lights. Sounds to me like the resistance for the sender isn't matching what the guage has been set up for. Check the resistance on the sender. My 89 5.0 is approx 16 ohms for empty and 160 ohms for full. Then Check your guage specs and see what resistance your guage has been set up for. Hope this helps:bigthumb