PDA

View Full Version : K- members

Buckeye
02-14-2008, 02:31 AM
looking into tube k-members. my fairmont seams to be able to set the motor back about 3in I was looking for one with the most set back and a drop whould be nice and this is going on the street if it matters. Lmk what you know!

Rick93coupe
02-14-2008, 03:06 AM
looking into tube k-members. my fairmont seams to be able to set the motor back about 3in I was looking for one with the most set back and a drop whould be nice and this is going on the street if it matters. Lmk what you know!

I've been talking to a couple of manufacturers lately. They'll only offer you a 1" setback, if the K-member comes with motor mount pads. If you want to run both motor and mid plates, then you can put the engine wherever you want and omit the mounts. The last time I talked with AJE (at a race) they said they can do a 2" motor mount drop, but that requires you to switch to a pinto rack. Since then, I'm hearing they'll only offer a 1" drop. I also talked with Dave from Team Z, and he has a 1" drop, 1" setback for 289.00. They drop the steering rack 1-5/8" to clear the oil pan when you use the 1" drop motor mount option.
Sounds to me like you may be better off going with motor and mid plates if you want to go back 3". Good luck.

Buckeye
02-14-2008, 07:17 PM
I am wondering if the rack is differant in the fairmont and that is why mine is so far foward....

What are peoples thoughts on Crome moly on the street?

Rick93coupe
02-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Unless your a class racer trying to get every last pound of the car, its not really worth the added cost.

rmracing
02-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Call Jason at PA Racing . I think he can make a k member to set back where ever you want .

Buckeye
02-14-2008, 07:36 PM
I am more concerned with set back and Down pipe clearance than weight.

I may just buy the steel one with no drop if the rack becomes a problem at the point and add tabs to set it back where I want it

Timido
02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
All my front stuff is PA racing I think the K member is one of the first they ever made. Food fit good customer service Jason has allways taken good care of me.