PDA

View Full Version : backfire

shoman1997
02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
have carbed 302 with holley 600 and has mild solid flat tappet cam well when i give it a lil gas it hesitates at first and backfires through the carb i was wanting some ideas wat it is i think it might b out of time wat u guys think thanks J.R.

shoman1997
02-17-2008, 09:32 PM
if it dont backfire it will rev up but i just dont trust it to take it out on the town ill get some pics on her tomorrow but it looks like it has a chevy distributor ?? is that possible ne ideas would be appreciated

fordman
02-20-2008, 06:54 PM
I had the same problem with my 650 holly my time was just off and they say i need bigger jets so id just get it tuned i also have that gm style dist there a pain but the one wire hook up works for me...

PaulFiveOh
02-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I would take a look at your timing and make sure every thing is in order.

graysonracin
02-22-2008, 08:11 PM
The power valve might be bad also, but checking the timing and firing order is a good idea too.

shoman1997
02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
wat is the power valve ? and thinks for the help guys soon as it warms up a bit im goin to get this thing running right

graysonracin
02-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Its been awhile since ive messed with a carb, but the power valve is in, or behind the plate where the jets go. if you take the front bowl off the plate that it mounts to should have the power valve in or behind it. Its a round piece allittle bigger than a quarter that threads into the plate i believe. Get your carb number and go to advance or autozone and get one if everything else checks ok, theyre no more than 10 bucks and i have got them from autozone before in stock they just had to look it up in the holley catalog, or look it up online with your carb number. Hope that helps.