PDA

View Full Version : 96-98 sn spindles

Rick93coupe
02-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Anyone else running these? I've got a set I'm going to put on the car and I just read again that they increase the stock track width 8mm per side on a fox. I was aware of that and didn't think it was that big of a deal.

"The '94-95 spindles are different from the modular '96+ units. The '94-95 units have a curved steering arm and keep the stock track width on a fox3 car. These are the spindles that most people use on the fox3 cars to keep the stock track width. The '96+ units have a straight steering arm and will increase the track ~8mm per side. The '96+ units will give you even more ackerman steering and allows to run the '00R brake cooling ducts or other brake cooling systems. You may need to run a bumpsteer kit to use the SN95 spindles, especially if your car is lowered!

This info came from here. http://svo73mm.cjb.net/

After looking up the conversion from MM to Inches it comes out to be 0.315" per side, for a total of 0.63". At just a c-hair over 1/4" per side, It doesn't seem like enough to worry about. Whats your experience with this?

MFIELD
02-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Rick, I have put two sets of these, cant remember the exact years of spindle used, on my car and the Capri I told you about and had no problems with them. The biggest difference was you had to unscrew the tie rod ends quite abit but there was plenty left in there. The other thing I remember was the lower ball joint sticks thru alot but that maybe just my tubular control arms. I also had to make spacers for where They bolted to the struts but again that may have because of the year of my car. I think I read somewher that the newer ones were thicker.

orange93stang
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
I used a set of 96 spindles on my 93. Yes you do have to unscrew the tie rod ends a lot more. The only other real difference that I see is that they pushed my wheels out some more, so it looks kind of wierd with the fromt tires sticking out more than the rear tires, but some wheel offsets can beat that. I have a tubular K member and tubular lower control arms with adj. coil overs and I have not had a problem. I would probably get some bump stops though.

5.0calypso93lx
02-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Rick, what wheels are you planning on running up front?

Rick93coupe
02-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I've got a set of 98 GT split 5 stars and some 3.5" welds.

5.0calypso93lx
02-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I've got a set of 98 GT split 5 stars and some 3.5" welds.

Rick, you'll be fine with those spindles.

Rick93coupe
02-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks man, I need to get the new studs pressed in. Haven't gotten around to buying a press yet.