PDA

View Full Version : Sludge!!!

DeckerEnt
02-21-2008, 11:46 PM
My brother has a 360 in his ram truck. He is wanting to clean out the sludge in the motor. I have no idea how to do it without pulling the pan. How can I do it? Should I put trans fluid in the motor since it is a high detergent oil? Drain it, pour a gallon of solvent through it? Are there any additives? Filter changed every day,week,what? Any help would be good.
Keith

facemelter71
02-22-2008, 12:25 AM
K&W oil flush.
Or Rislone oil flush.Or everwear flush.
You warm the truck up to opp' temp,and dump this stuff in and just run it on a high idle(bout 1000) for about 5 minutes.Shut it off and pull the plug from the pan as fast as you can,probly burning the hell outta your hand in the meantime.Do it quick so all the sludge stays suspended in the oil.I have stuff at home that im not gunna use.You can have it if you want it.Le me know.

DeckerEnt
02-22-2008, 09:37 AM
If you are not going to use it, I will. We will figure out a time to get together one of these nights. I am not in a hurry for this. Typical SBZ response.LOL
Keith

facemelter71
02-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Haha,thats cool.
Ill dig it out of the house and throw it in my car.If i find anything else ill give it to ya.I might have more than one bottle.
Its good stuff,I used it at Tires plus for like 2 years,it does a pretty good job.
And I'll probly be at Cincy Speed all day saturday hangin out.Probly buyin stuff.Buggin Craig.:bigthumb

IWRBB
02-22-2008, 11:57 AM
ATF in the crankcase.